• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beauty of English

Not From Me.

ONLY THE ENGLISH COULD HAVE INVENTED THIS FUNNY LANGUAGE
    We'll,let us begin with a box, and the plural is boxes,
    But the plural of ox becomes oxen, not oxes.
    One fowl is a goose, but two are called geese,
    Yet the plural of moose should never be meese.
    You may find a lone mouse or a nest full of mice,
    Yet the plural of house is houses, not hice.
    If the plural of man is always called men, Then shouldn't the plural of pan be called pen?
    If I speak of my foot and show you my feet, And I give you a boot, would a pair be called beet?
    If one is a tooth and a whole set are teeth,Why shouldn't the plural of booth be called beeth?
    Then one may be that, and three would be those, Yet that in the plural would never be hose,and the plural of cat is cats, not cose.
    We speak of a brother and also of brethren,but though we say mother, we never say methren.
    Then the masculine pronouns are he, his and him,but imagine the feminine: she, shis and shim!
    Let's face it - English is a crazy language.
    There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger;neither apple nor pine in pineapple.
    English muffins weren't invented in England ..
    We take English for granted, but if we explore its paradoxes,we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square,and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.
    And why is it that writers write but fingers don't fing,
    grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham?
    Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend.
    If you have a bunch of o! dds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call it?
    If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught?
    If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
    Sometimes I think all the folks who grew up speaking English should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane.
    In what other language do people recite at a play and play at a recital?
    We ship by truck but send cargo by ship.
    We have noses that run and feet that smell.
    We park in a driveway and drive in a parkway.
    And how can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are
    opposites?
    You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language
    in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by filling it out,and in which an alarm goes off by going on.
    And, in closing, if Father is Pop, how come Mother's
    not Mop?
    AND IF PEOPLE FROM POLAND ARE CALLED POLES THEN PEOPLE FROM HOLLAND SHOULD BE HOLES AND THE GERMANS, GERMS! :hitler:
    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Lol good read. English is bass ackwards.
    Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

who the fuck post this?

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

this is prolly older than luke.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Awesome read.

Comment

Varies funnies! :rofl:
            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I had a hard time reading that.
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

german's pretty hard to learn too, although more structured and phonetic. Kinda wish I'd known english or german first and just learned spanish later instead, the easiest of the three.
                09/1989 325i 4 Door
                +M30 Swap
                +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

They say English grammar is the most complicated of all languages, because of nuances such as these.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailor37 View Post
                    They say English grammar is the most complicated of all languages, because of nuances such as these.

Comment

Originally posted by Heysüß View Post
                      german's pretty hard to learn too, although more structured and phonetic. Kinda wish I'd known english or german first and just learned spanish later instead, the easiest of the three.

This, I picked up Spanish in JHS/HS like nothing. Straight A's all the way through incl. the Regents exam.

German on the otherhand is like Mindfuck. I've been here 4 years and my german still sucks ass.
                      -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

PMSL @ wise man and wise guy LoL

Originally posted by Deltron Dirty30
                        Dean, has anyone told you that youre a spitting image of English singer-songwriter and musician, james blunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Sailor37 View Post
                          English grammar is probably the easiest among modern languages in the civilized world.
                          Since it borrowed words from many other languages, there are almost no set rules for spelling, and that's what makes English a little challenging to learn. And the different origins of the words cause the diverse pluralization rules as well.

1992 BMW 525iT Calypso
                          2011 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Working...
                          X