Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decided I wanted to learn how to weld...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided I wanted to learn how to weld...

Figured it was high time I learned how to weld. Luckily I have a large shop, several welders, and a father that knows what he's doing. I had a spare sport seat, a Logitech G27 wheel and pedal setup, and enough scrap metal to make this!

My former roommate rocking Dirt3. Christ that house was a dump.

Haven't found room for it at my new place, so its sitting in storage for now, but its certainly a lot more fun than playing with a standard controller.

congrads. Honestly, even painting my car was less satisfying that knowing at least how to do a simple weld. Its the expansion of possibilities that makes it so exciting! Good luck with the project!

Comment

if only pictures were normal size..

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamchasin View Post
        if only pictures were normal size..
        They're click-able thumbnails...?

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
        congrads. Honestly, even painting my car was less satisfying that knowing at least how to do a simple weld. Its the expansion of possibilities that makes it so exciting! Good luck with the project!
        I know! I keep looking at different projects and going "...wait, I could weld that." So much fun.

Comment

Welding is easy in concept, but years to perfect (unless you are a motoman.) Don't stop practicing!
          Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Welding is something I wish I had taken the time to learn from my dad (an ironworker for 27 years) :(
            2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
              Welding is easy in concept, but years to perfect (unless you are a motoman.) Don't stop practicing!
              That's why I love it so much. I had the basics down pretty quick, but there is always room for improvement. I just ordered a TIG welder, so that's going to be a challenge.

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
              Welding is something I wish I had taken the time to learn from my dad (an ironworker for 27 years) :(
              My dad and I have grown so much closer since I moved back and started working on my E30's. He's taught me so much, I really do treasure the time we spend together. I'm sorry you missed out on that with your father :(

Comment

Tig isn't all that difficult, it's just about a steady hand and consistency if you want to throw down beautiful beads. I'm hoping to get my course in aircraft welding in the next few years so I practice a fair bit on stainless and some ti, a single cup of coffee throws me off for the whole day.

Comment

Speaking of tig welding, I just bought one yesterday...i haven't really welded in about 8 years or so, and I loved doing tig stuff.

I'm excited about getting back into it, and glad you are too.

Comment

Originally posted by ninjaotter View Post
                    Could you share how you accomplished creating real-time wind simulation to the head area of the player?
                    I'm confident many readers here would like to have their hair blown away like that by a video game.

Comment

Originally posted by ninjaotter View Post
                      They're click-able thumbnails...?

No shit sherlock, but when I click them they're the same size as the thumbnail.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                        Could you share how you accomplished creating real-time wind simulation to the head area of the player?
                        I'm confident many readers here would like to have their hair blown away like that by a video game.
                        My thoughts were the same
                        Dare 2 Dream Motorsports
                        sigpic

Comment

^^ ditto

Vinyl Lettering

Comment

Originally posted by Sailor37 View Post
                            Speaking of tig welding, I just bought one yesterday...i haven't really welded in about 8 years or so, and I loved doing tig stuff.

I'm excited about getting back into it, and glad you are too.
                            My day job involves building custom computer cases, so learning how to TIG is going to open up lots of new projects. More projects, more materials, more options equals more money. Which equals more toys for the E30 :p

Learning new things is fun! What model TIG welder did you buy?

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                            That would be Chris. Chris's hair...defies the laws of physics. I'm pretty sure his hair is the key to faster than light travel. Those neutrinos that they think might have traveled faster than light? Yeah, they passed through the field created by Chris's hair.

Originally posted by dreamchasin View Post
                            No shit sherlock, but when I click them they're the same size as the thumbnail.
                            Then there is something wrong with your computer. What browser are you using?

Comment

Working...
                            X