Computer for school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer for school

I am thinking about getting a netbook or tablet for school. I was wondering if i could get a decent one for around $200 and if so what do you recommend?

Vinyl Lettering

I think a decent one will be closer to 300
    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

if you need to type papers, a netbook wont be very good. screen is too small. id recommend a 15 inch mid size laptop, i had one it was great for doing school work.

However if all you have to spend is $200, that limits your brand new choices. for that budget your best bet is craigslist.

Comment

For the most part I just want something to take notes on while in class, I will write papers and things like that on my desktop at home. I just wondered if I could get something for $200 but I will go up to $300 if need be.

Vinyl Lettering

Comment

Is battery life a consideration. Because you simply cannot beat the 17 hour life of the asus transformer. And it does great typing notes in class.

Ask me how I know. I'm on it right now. ;)

(C-list for that. It's still a bit more than 3 bills for it and the dock in stores)

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I've never been a fan of typing notes up in class...plus I get distracted when I have a computer in class...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I have some professors that will spit out a things fast that I need to remember and I can't keep up with pen and paper

Vinyl Lettering

Comment

If you have a desktop at home, and just want something to type notes , a netbook will do you fine. Mine is two years old and I use it more then my desktop for everything now really. The screen size is fine for me at 10" and you get used to the faults IE: smaller keyboard, lower res screen. Power/graphics is not a big deal if your just typing out shit.

I know here in canada there is older models like mine (atom n270 board) going for 199 so I imagine you can probably find it cheaper or better stuff at that price point.

anyhow batttery usage can be like 5-7 hours with a 6 cell battery on mine.

Tablets are more expensive and typing on that shit is annoying/slower for me.

A netbook is not as cool etc but unless you got in on that 99$ hp touchpad deal I think your best bang for the buck will be a netbook within your budget.

and a big IMO to all.
                87 OBDII 328is

Comment

Originally posted by NKRoberts View Post
                  I am thinking about getting a netbook or tablet for school. I was wondering if i could get a decent one for around $200 and if so what do you recommend?
                  I'd look for a used Thinkpad X series tablet. Or try to find an HP Touchpad + external keyboard. Your $300 budget puts a hink in things, so I'd look for something on the used market.

Comment

Working...
                  X