Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legality of flyers?

im curious r3v

i'd like to put some flyers up around town to help get my name out there a bit more (DJ, music, prostitution, you know :p ) but im trying to figure out what and where im allowed to post em up.

I know its different everywhere you go (I live in Phoenix AZ), aside from common sense of not dumping them all over the ground, putting them on store fronts without permission or on trees/in mailboxes etc, whats fair games these days? Im assuming light poles/telephone poles are still ok, but with all the crackdown on going green and littering, i'd like to get some insight before I hit the streets and may have to deal with the authorities

thoughts?

In my town, posting fliers on light posts and telephone poles are prohibited. I believe it's because of them bring public property. Whenever people have garage sales the put poster board signs on their cars and park them on a busy cross street.
    Originally posted by BAlbertiX
    your my boy blue!

Comment

I think your best would be to call the city managing office to ask what is needed. I know where I live I always see the police pulling those yard signs outta the ground on major roadways

FS:///M-Tech Wallets.
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=224601

Comment

A lot of big grocery stores have a "community board" generally in an entrance way or near the rest rooms. Usually if you ask the front desk, they can point you in the right direction.

FWIW people usually hate when they get fliers under their windshield wipers.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post

def wont be doing that, im trying to go about this in a way that will bring people to me, rather then drive them away. I always hate finding shit under my windshield wiper or getting promotional flyers shoved in my hands on the street. i think it was Mitch Hedberg that said “When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying 'here you throw this away.'”

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
            A lot of big grocery stores have a "community board" generally in an entrance way or near the rest rooms. Usually if you ask the front desk, they can point you in the right direction.

Especially car guys like all of us. You have that initial freak out like who the F touched my car? That is of course, unless the flyer provides value such as a free coffee with purchase of lunch etc at a local deli or something like that.
            Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Working...
            X