Porsche find.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porsche find.

alright so I'm minding my own beeswax organizing files for the storage facility i work at, I'm diligently moving along and i find in one persons files DMV papers, meaning they were storing a car in a unit, i always look over the papers, curious of what kind of car they're storing, people often rent units to use as a garage for a restoration.
    so i look at these DMV records and there from the 70's, then i see the word Porsche and it got my mind racing, thinking zomg, could be the cleanest slantnose I've ever seen. found the model year on the slip, 1956. looking on the slip for the model, all i found at first was "120" looked it up nothing came back, took a closer look and on the backside it said, 356 coupe. looked up some photos and it got me very excited.

so then i'm thinking, man i gotta lay eyes on this thing, i wonder if its a rust bucket non funded project, or a garage queen that someone didn't have space for. it's been here since 96, that's over 15 years! i'm thinking about calling the guy and asking him for a tour of it, and then see if he's looking to get rid of it.

anyways feel like i found a pot of gold or something, even though i don't own it and i have nothing to do with it, i was just surprised to find something that seems so rare. thought i'd share my story :P

You can rent storage units to use as a garage?
    I thought most places prohibited this?

Comment

from my knowledge you can do anything with a car in a storage unit besides have it running and painting of anything.. i';ve heard of people renting units to work on cars/engines.

Comment

Porsche guys know that there cars are worth a lot, 356's are not cheap at all. By any means. It's either going to be a come pile of shit or in prefect condition. Either way your going to shell out bucks for it. Think about it, obviously they guy still pays for the storage so, he probably still cares about or he's dead and some relative is paying the unit. 5 bucks says you probably wont get it, just being real man. I mean how much were planning on offering if the guy is interested in selling?

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
          from my knowledge you can do anything with a car in a storage unit besides have it running and painting of anything.. i';ve heard of people renting units to work on cars/engines.
          Interesting, I always thought they would kick you out if they found you working on your car.
          I'll have to look into this.

Comment

lol that was just me dreaming.
            i'm sure he isn't interested in selling it, and im not even going to bug him, i'm sure contacting one of our tenants non business related could get me fired.
            and yeah if i was gonna shell out, i'd shell out for an e30 m3.....

Comment

Now your thinking, 356's are old man cars anyways.

Comment

there where no pictures so i did not read.

Comment

yeah, i just wanted to share the story, because it's not every day you hear about one. between 55-59 there was only 21 thousand made, and I'm sure there's a lot less around today. just kinda neat, i was looking them up and there's a shit ton of replicas

Comment

i can take a photo of the storage unit door if you'd like, anything more than that would be illegal haha.

Comment

How much does it typically cost to rent out a unit?

Originally posted by yert315
                      Your mother is plug n play

Comment

at my place? big enough for a car?
                        you're looking at probably a 10X20 and we run those at 189$ a month

Comment

wow just found another file that says theres a 1947 chevy in it.
                          on the title it says CHRY for the make though.... looked it up and tons of chevys came up so i figure that means chevy?

Comment

for body type model it says, 1m or Lm

Comment

In regards to using storage spaces as working garages; it all comes down to the owner of the storage units. Here in WI, most storage units allow you to work on your car, as long as there are no flames (no welding/torching), and no poisonous fumes (open gas tanks, cars running inside units). Basically, as long as you aren't endangering other people or the storage units themselves, you're free to do as you please.
                              2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Working...
                              X