B of A class action law suit.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • joshh
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick325is
    I just got a chase account and my banker gave me the option of opting out of overdraft protection. Back when I was in college and didn't have as much income I would occasionally run into issues with wachovia processing debits before credits and overdrafting my account. I'm glad to be done with them!



    Just a warning, Chase is just as bad as B of A. But frankly I hope you never find that out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    I remember going in to get some bullshit overdraft charges reversed. The guy actually told me it was impossible since the system was down. After a little more persuasion he got on the computer and reversed them. Just blatant lying to get out of dealing with it.

    It's no news they're a bunch of crooks but it was pretty much the nail in the coffin for me. I moved everything to Star One 6 months ago--for an idea here, my CC through Star One is at 9% interest as opposed to 25% I got from BofA.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick325is
    replied
    Originally posted by george graves
    I had US Bank pull that crap on me. I ended up getting most of my money back. But I kept them on the phone for a few hours just to waist their time. I'm sure I cost them way more then they got out of me.

    There is a law that lets you opt out of any overdraft protection.
    I just got a chase account and my banker gave me the option of opting out of overdraft protection. Back when I was in college and didn't have as much income I would occasionally run into issues with wachovia processing debits before credits and overdrafting my account. I'm glad to be done with them!

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    i love BB&T. i've had my accounts there for 23 years and counting.

    that is all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    This is exactly what wells fargo got caught doing a while ago. But the mentality can't be put any plainer than what BoFA execs said, "...we also have a right to make money..."

    Leave a comment:


  • Julien
    replied
    I had this.. 4 overdrafts in one day before my check hit at noon. I begged and they canned all but one overdraft fee

    Leave a comment:


  • joshh
    replied
    Chase is another one to watch out for. They do the same "do anything" for extra charges thing as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    B of A is and has to be the worst bank to deal with in terms of Mortgage's and so forth. My lady is still having issues with her's after 4 years of clearing her chapter 11.

    She has gone round in round with them over bullshit charges when she is ahead on here mortgage and the fact that the State of Mass Attorney General has been involved with the case and that has yet to resolve it yet.

    I'd like to refinance it under USAA, maybe in a year or so.

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    I had US Bank pull that crap on me. I ended up getting most of my money back. But I kept them on the phone for a few hours just to waist their time. I'm sure I cost them way more then they got out of me.

    There is a law that lets you opt out of any overdraft protection.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    I got rid of BofA a while back for delaying my online payments so they would not credit when they needed to, so they could bang me for a 39 late charge for being a day late. But never reported on my CR. I would pay them the day before it was due and it would show credited on my on line overview in time. But about a week latter around 50-60% of the time there would be a charge for the late fee and they would not reverse it.

    I kicked them to the curb once I paid off my loan with them. Will never ever do business with them again


    Never ever had an over draft in my life, I keep way more than I need in my checking accounts, just to make sure that will never ever happen.
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 11-12-2011, 05:02 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • joshh
    replied
    Originally posted by cale
    You're right, I didn't.

    Banks are dicks.


    Sorry I got a bit mean there.
    Not all are this bad. But keep your eyes open.
    Our credit union even tried to pull a skeezy thing with us.

    Leave a comment:


  • cale
    replied
    Originally posted by joshh
    Picture and understanding fail!


    Read the fucking thing would you.
    B of A was moving charges around (out of order) so they made more money of off overdrafts.

    So you have $400 left in your account and pay a $425 bill knowing you will be charged for an overdraft. Great thank you B of A for doing this....but they debit that amount out of your account *first* then charge you for 5 4.00 charges from the day before. You get 5 charges instead of one. That's pretty fucked up if you ask me.
    You're right, I didn't.

    Banks are dicks.

    Leave a comment:


  • ethrtyiS
    replied
    sweet, so then i shall be receiving a settlement. never had an issue with bofa though.

    also, i'm in the process of a class action lawsuit myself. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • joshh
    replied
    Originally posted by der affe
    It is more about take out the largest dollar amount first to try to insure that they can charge over draft fees.

    They would also delay deposits IIRC, there by letting the OD fee occour when you had deposited money.

    I had chase pull that crap with me a few times, so i kicked them to the curb like a tranny hooker.


    Holy shit. Chase and B of A have been the worst for us. We got rid of the both of them a few years back. Chase even charged us $20.00 to find out what our mortgage balance was. They refused to even verbally tell us. Couldn't fucking believe it.

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    It is more about take out the largest dollar amount first to try to insure that they can charge over draft fees.

    They would also delay deposits IIRC, there by letting the OD fee occour when you had deposited money.

    I had chase pull that crap with me a few times, so i kicked them to the curb like a tranny hooker.

    Leave a comment:

Working...