Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official Audio, sound rig, audiophile tank, ect Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official Audio, sound rig, audiophile tank, ect Thread.

Well, i saw in the vinyl thread that there were alot of audiophiles, stereo nuts around here, soooo here is the place for showing off your rig!

I will open up with my system:

I can define it as a broke student's budget audiophile system, seeing as it costed 25$ to bring together.

It consists in a NAD 3020a amp, Pioneer PL-340 (audiotechnica CN5625AL cartridge), a pioneer GR-X530 graphic eq, Rega speaker cable and 1988 Infinity RS 4000 speakers.

In my opinion, one of the systems that suits my ear best.

Detail(ish) Pic of the tt and eq

Little crappy demo with the cam mic @ ear level, no eq.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wHKZp7uel4
    Originally posted by kendogg
    Don't know, but the E90 wasn't designed from the ground-up intending to be a racecar like the E30 was.
    OG RACECAR

Never, ever, ever listen to frank zappa while tripping balls.

All I'm going to say about that one.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

oh man...take your speakers apart, grab a pile of .01Mfd Mylar caps...solder one over each and every cap you find in there...be prepared for the best $10/2 hour improvement you will ever hear. I have done that exact same speaker several times (the little brother 6" 3 way too) and have been amazed each time.

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Gish from SP, one of my all time favorite albums...
        Originally posted by Simon S
        When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          oh man...take your speakers apart, grab a pile of .01Mfd Mylar caps...solder one over each and every cap you find in there...be prepared for the best $10/2 hour improvement you will ever hear. I have done that exact same speaker several times (the little brother 6" 3 way too) and have been amazed each time.
          I should bridge all the caps with those? I was also thinking of updating all the caps in the nad
          Originally posted by kendogg
          Don't know, but the E90 wasn't designed from the ground-up intending to be a racecar like the E30 was.
          OG RACECAR

Comment

Originally posted by M42Power View Post
            I should bridge all the caps with those? I was also thinking of updating all the caps in the nad
            Yes, it is called a "bypass". What it does is allow much higher input before saturation, so you will get a sweeter sound...I love EMITs, I wish I had more than the one set I have. I am kind of holding out to find a set of EMIMs to go with them, make me a tiny set of IRS's...

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
            X