internet/cable/phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

internet/cable/phone

Rates are insane these days, I have been a comcast account and have been with them for three plus years my rates when up for the same service? I asked why not down and they say only new customers get the 99 buck deal.

There is no reason that service's cost this much.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comcast fucked me last year, signed up for the $99 package, it was great for 10 months and then went up to $217 for the final two, when I called I was told that service "un-bundled". Fios was a little cheaper but Verizon was on strike when I was supposed to have it installed and they could not guarantee an install date for 3 weeks. RCN has been hitting it hard in my area, set up outside supermarkets and gas stations hawking their service. Might be worth looking into if it is available out in the hills.

Comment

Im thinking of canceling. I never have time to watch TV and when I do all I see is shit like Hoarders and storage wars etc Fuck that. I think Ill cancel altogether and stream from Netflix If everyone on r3v did it the rates would go down for sure
      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I don't have cable, by choice. Just internet for 50, and cell phone. No home phone. No purpose to it anymore.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by BigSam View Post
          Comcast fucked me last year, signed up for the $99 package, it was great for 10 months and then went up to $217 for the final two, when I called I was told that service "un-bundled". Fios was a little cheaper but Verizon was on strike when I was supposed to have it installed and they could not guarantee an install date for 3 weeks. RCN has been hitting it hard in my area, set up outside supermarkets and gas stations hawking their service. Might be worth looking into if it is available out in the hills.
          I'm in the same boat as of right now. When I signed up with Comcast I got a couple movie packages, an hd box, and internet. My bill usually was $110 and then it jumped up to $180 a month. Everybody I talked to said just call and say your going to cancel and they will just drop you back down to the original. Well, they wouldn't do it. So, I switched over to Direct tv, I got their premium package (all the movie channels, nfl ticket). Two things I'm not too keen on is the 2 year agreement and their on demand feature is internet based. But other than that it's pretty legit. I priced it out and compared to comcast, I'm saving a few bucks.

Comment

I'm a cable installer for about 3 years now, you guys can throw any questions at me you want. I don't work for Comcast, but another big/local one.

I will tell you this, a TON of people are dropping their cable TV service and just going with internet, and streaming/downloading all their shows, whether it be Hulu, Netflix, Roku, PSN, torrents, etc. I install internet at literally 95% of my route each day, and TV at probably 50%. Cable TV rates are just retarded, and I can tell you why. It's a lot more ridiculous than people think.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
              I'm a cable installer for about 3 years now, you guys can throw any questions at me you want. I don't work for Comcast, but another big/local one.
              I can tell you why. It's a lot more ridiculous than people think.
              I was for a period of time about 5 years back. I know...
              Place I worked at had a 30 day no callback to pay policy. If any customer you had called back with a problem in 30 days, you didn't get paid for it.
              It REALLY, REALLY made me wonder how bad some cable installers really were to institute THAT policy... (Not accusing you. Just it is not that difficult to use the right equipment)

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Tell us why Josh, I must know

Comment

Internet streaming is all I have done for a while now.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X