Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such a good bad idea.

Comment

Oh no it should be epic, one of the best sounding engines out there. I passed it along to another team I'm friends with.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

surprised this hasnt been posted yet.

Paris-based auction house Artcurial will hold its fourth annual Retromobile sale this Friday, followed on Saturday by an auction dedicated to some very special Alfa Romeos. I frequently browse Artcurial’s catalogues and results, but a friendship forged years ago on a winter night in Italy gives me a personal reason to focus a keen eye on this year’s sale.
        Originally posted by HarryPotter
        not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
        Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Some reason I remember this collection from some time ago.

Comment

amazing amazing amazing story
            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

That's very cool. I wasn't able to get a pic yesterday as I was running late. But there's always a gorgeous Rosso Milano Quad in the garage at the Microsoft studios in Redmond. I'll post up a pic next time.
              sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

I just had someone dangle a hot 1750 motor all set up to go in a 101 series Sprint in front of me. I'm not sure if 160hp in a '59 Sprint would be awesome or awesomely scary. The engine is used, but doesn't have many miles on it, all set to go.
                Currently it looks like this...

The question is, do I buy the engine and wait another few years to get the bodywork done, or do I forgo the hot motor do the bodywork and find a more stock one later? The paint is totally shot, but I can live with driving a primered car for a few years (my Datsun was that way for a decade so...) The interior is totally shot as well. This is less of a concern. Still, I could never built a motor like what this guy is selling for the cost he is selling it for. Here is the link to the rest of the pics from the build. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=3fd5b3a64d

What to do?

Will
                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

if it were me....and I own a semi primer'd 2002..and love it w/ its hot engine.....and the engine you speak of is really a solid tight hi po engine..I say go for it..and just finish the car enough to drive her...body /interior can be done anytime.
                  I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

1995 ALFA 155 BTCC
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                      if it were me....and I own a semi primer'd 2002..and love it w/ its hot engine.....and the engine you speak of is really a solid tight hi po engine..I say go for it..and just finish the car enough to drive her...body /interior can be done anytime.
                      My Datsun was effectively a vintage roadrace prepped car for 10 years before it got real paint. The bodywork was done, but the paint had to wait. In the case of the Alfa, the only bodywork it seriously needs is in the nose, and its likely about $2K worth. I'm fine with the car in primer with no interior. Not a big deal, especially if it just rips.

The thing is, yes this motor is a screamer, but do I really want that much go in a car with 4 wheel drum brakes, skinny steel wheels and skinny tires? A 2002 will take wider tires, but a Sprint is maxed out at less than a 185/xx/15. My Datsun that puts about 160 to the wheels is terrifying on 195/60/14 street tires, and its got fantastic brakes, and a detroit locker rear end. The Sprint will have no such luck. Will it be a rocket? Yes! The question is, will it stop or turn? Those are the important ones.

The engine won't go in the car till the nose is fixed. If I fix the nose, it won't have an engine so sort of a 6 of one, half dozen of another.

Will
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Motors come and go. I would restore the shell while you can. Then decide if it's a vintage racer or a sweet original with a high-winding 1300.

Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment-1.php.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	7165243

Name:	G Sprint vrm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	7165244

Name:	Giulia Sprint V race.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	7165245

Name:	Sprintmagcover.jpg
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	7165246

Name:	Sprint engine.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	7165247

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          Oh no it should be epic, one of the best sounding engines out there.
                          Yep..

Comment

I saw something pretty cool yesterday on the freeway, heading into a serious rainstorm that I had just come out of. I'm not totally sure, but I think it was an Alfa 1900C SS Pininfarina.

I was totally shocked.

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

This is the car I was talking about.

It sold before I got back.

Comment

[ATTACH]84030[/ATTACH]