Official fishing and hunting thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jonny Cash
    replied
    Ive been pretty big into fishing since I was a kid. From northeast lobster/blue crab trapping, Big eye/ striped bass- To south florida trolling 10 knots for wahoo, free diving for spiny lobster etc..

    I do have one video uploaded somewhere of my battle with a 110 lb goliath grouper in the keys if youre interested in seeing it Ill dig it up.. Theyre very protected btw no keepers allowed just a kiss on the lips, and release..

    Leave a comment:


  • Pac1373
    replied
    also, around here "Hunting" means baiting deer with piles of apples for a month before season opens creating a food dependancy, and then shooting them from a tree 20-30 yards away max, as they come to eat from the pile one morning. then many beers are had by all.

    pretty fucking embarrasing imho, I would not participate in such a discrace. hunting should be dependant on skill, not bait.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pac1373
    replied
    Do it man, I just got my PAL re-done, thinking about taking R-pal, I do not hunt anymore either, but I love shooting still.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roysneon
    replied
    Just in case you can't sarcasm:


    I grew up hunting, haven't done it in years though. Good memories, but the reality of lying in my warm bed is better than standing in freezing cold water before dawn while the trolling ass ducks fly above my head knowing I can't take them yet.

    I do love shooting still, though. I really should update my gun license and take the 12 gauge pump skeet shooting.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roysneon
    replied
    Fuck hunters who kill innocent animals in the wild. Guns should be illegal no matter what!

    Also, fuck those hooligans with old, sooped up hot rods. God we have electric vehicles now that don't hurt our dear mother the earth, why are you all so bent on destroying everything?

    Leave a comment:


  • AbeSonic
    replied
    [ATTACH]50463[/ATTACH]

    Leave a comment:


  • xwill112x
    replied
    Big Fisherman and Hunter here. I prefer bass fishing overall, but I love to hunt Whitetail deer. Anyone hating on that just doesn't understand its harder to hunt legally and humanly than one might think.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Tasty
    replied
    I thought this was a thread about hunting and fishing, not crying about the "right" way to hunt.

    Anyways, I don't pics on this computer, but I took down a caribou up when I lived up in Alaska, with a 30-06. Clean, behind the shoulder, shot.

    Leave a comment:


  • 750
    replied
    My fishing gear is covered in dust(hope to change that soon). Not really into hunting, but don't disrespect the ones that do.

    Leave a comment:


  • Toadleg
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    Going in the dark and getting in a tree and waiting for the animal to walk by to shoot, hardly sounds like a cunning display.

    Yeah, yeah, yeah, you kill and dress it and I don't.......but quit acting like the jackass down the street can't go sit in a blind and pull the trigger on an unsuspecting animal.
    This is a hard issue to debate. So many different type of hunters. Lots of idiots, but lots of good hunters too. Not to long ago in WA a kid shoot a woman that was hiking thinking she was a bear.....:loco:

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    Going in the dark and getting in a tree and waiting for the animal to walk by to shoot, hardly sounds like a cunning display.

    Yeah, yeah, yeah, you kill and dress it and I don't.......but quit acting like the jackass down the street can't go sit in a blind and pull the trigger on an unsuspecting animal.


    Ummm Its not just something random. You have to put a ton of time in to figure out the best place to put that stand or blind. If your lucky enough to get a shot, try making a good and clean shot with your heart pounding in your throat, and having been at full draw for 10 mins waiting for the critter to move to a opening, since you had to pull up when he was behind the tree so he could not see your movement. All that while not making a sound, and not losing your concentration thanks to the rain running in your eyes (with no way to wipe it away) or doing anything else to give your location away .

    Yeah last white tail I shot was a situation just like that. I had been watching him for better than 3 weeks, before the season started and it took me almost a month to get lucky enough to get a shot off. He went about 30 yards and that was that.

    Its really not as easy as just walking into the woods in the dark and waiting.
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-29-2011, 10:28 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve

    Hunting is when you go afield an hour before day break when its 10 degrees out, or 32 degrees and pouring down rain and sit motionless in a tree, for 5 hours hoping to even catch a glimpse of your query.
    Going in the dark and getting in a tree and waiting for the animal to walk by to shoot, hardly sounds like a cunning display.

    Yeah, yeah, yeah, you kill and dress it and I don't.......but quit acting like the jackass down the street can't go sit in a blind and pull the trigger on an unsuspecting animal.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    ^

    A good bow shot will put an animal down just as fast if not faster than a rifle shot will. Plus its much more sporting, as it nearly evens the the advantage from hunter to prey. When I get time to go hunting its almost exclusively bow for big game. Much harder than using a firearm, unless its for small game or birds thats about the only time I use a firearm.

    Leave a comment:


  • Toadleg
    replied
    Originally posted by Turf1600
    Fishing is fine, but most hunting is lame. Conditioning a deer to eat feed from a programmed feeder and then taking advantage of their inability to look up by sitting in a nearby deer stand is not a sport. I get sick of these 300lb assholes thinking that they are precision sharp shooters because they shot a giant buck from 17 yards away. If you want to call it a sport hunt with a knife or a bow and arrow while on foot.

    I know no one said it was a sport - so sorry for the OT rant. OP, cool salmon (right?).
    I respect your opinion. With that said most people go to the store and eat cows that are pumped full of injections and would much rather eat a wild animal. I dont bow hunt I feel it a lil inhumane but thats just me.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by Turf1600
    Fishing is fine, but most hunting is lame. Conditioning a deer to eat feed from a programmed feeder and then taking advantage of their inability to look up by sitting in a nearby deer stand is not a sport. I get sick of these 300lb assholes thinking that they are precision sharp shooters because they shot a giant buck from 17 yards away. If you want to call it a sport hunt with a knife or a bow and arrow while on foot.

    I know no one said it was a sport - so sorry for the OT rant. OP, cool salmon (right?).
    1 that is not hunting. That is what city slickers, urban posers, and wannabe sportsmen call hunting. (exception to the rule.......... feral pigs, those fuckers need to be exterminated any way possible)

    Hunting is when you go afield an hour before day break when its 10 degrees out, or 32 degrees and pouring down rain and sit motionless in a tree, for 5 hours hoping to even catch a glimpse of your query. Hunting is when you spend 5 days tracking and trying to get close enough for a rifle shot on the open prairie to a animal that can see you from a mile off, and knows what you are trying to do. Hunting is when you spend 8 days on the back of a horse trying to track a heard of elk and get with in bow range, and hiking up and down mountains in between when you think you stand a chance of getting a shot off.

    Hunting is a sport, real hunting takes dedication, skill, experience and a shit ton of Luck. 2 of those things you can buy in the form of a good guide/outfitter to give you the experience and the pre-season dedication to know where the games is and local knowledge of where your hunting. Skill is up to you and no one else with your rifle or bow, you have to make the shot count when the chips are down, and well Luck is just that Luck.
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-29-2011, 09:37 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...