Who has a competition drivers licence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has a competition drivers licence?

I see a lot of "Because Racecar" statements on here. Since this site is mostly focused on the E30, and very little on the E30 M3 (The only E30 to my knowledge that was raced by the factory) it got me wondering. How many of you actually hold a racing license with a nationally recognized organization? I'm talking SCCA, NASA, HSR, VARA, ect?

In addition, who autocrosses? Its still a legit form of racing, but it doesn't require a license to do. This is where I started.

Personally I'm licensed through HSR-West, no restrictions, just go race, don't hit anyone, and don't hit anything.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Does a LeMons license count? Haha
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

ICSCC here, plus the "anyone with a pulse can get it" Lemons/Chump license. NEver bothered applying for my SCCA license as they don't do much up here.

Comment

the normal E30 was raced in Australia by JPS.
        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Sorry, Lemons doesn't count. The racing is valid, I've done a couple, but sorry its not a real license. I didn't know there was a Professional race team running them in Australia, thats cool. I should have been more clear, who has a license that required going to a racing school to get. In other words, you have to prove you at least sort of know what you are doing before they will give you your racing license. ;)

Will
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

I thought owning an E30 automatically qualified you as a professional driver?

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

A lot of people here, including myself, track their cars in DE's. Its not racing, but still gets you on a track with your car. I would like to get a license down the road... may be within 5 years.
              My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

SCCA and RSI for grid
                ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                ~ '87 535
                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I autocross with BMW CCA, this is going to be my first season that I plan on actually being competitive. Most events, especially with PCA of SCCA, are just 'test' sessions to give me a good idea how my motor is running, suspension, etc. rather than doing that shit on the streets.

Haven't really been on a real track yet since I have only one car and I don't want to destroy my only car. However I might be getting an E21 sometime in the future, and I might figure what kind of club racing I can enter with that and actually start racing. THEN I will get a license for racing, but at this point in time I don't need it.
                  -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                    I thought owning an E30 automatically qualified you as a professional driver?

yeah, i second this.

so the title to my car makes me a race car driver.
                    /thread

Comment

Scca as of now, and bmwcca soon if that counts...

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

I hold a HSAX license through Midwest Councel, and will be a HSAX Intructor this season, and will soon (hopefully) get my full competition license for W2W. Only thing holding me back is tech on the car, and I'm working on that.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
                        HSAX Instructor

Comment

Ok, there are some people who can actually drive and set up a car. I was starting to wonder if I had found a forum of people who were mostly high schoolers and college freshman.

Its good to know there are other people who can actually drive on here. I'll be the first to say I'm neither a pro, or am I all that great at wheel to wheel, but I can get around a track pretty well and hold my own. AutoXing, I'm not bad. I don't think I've ever finished off the podium for my class in the season championship, and my class tends to be one of the most hotly contested ones out there. We usually have at least 3 people who could take the overall win at the last race of the season.

Will
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Regional SCCA (LA), where I run in ITA and spec miata, and also was a volunteer instructor for a few HPDE's at willow springs a couple years back.

Was thinking about NASA last year since they have a bunch of cars, but this year maybe not so much. Been thinking about dmod in bmwcca...just because.

Derek

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
                            PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                              I was starting to wonder if I had found a forum of people who were mostly high schoolers and college freshman.
                              Newsflash, it is.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                              VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Working...
                              X