Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillaCam View Post
    [YOUTUBE]mkTMj0McIvc[YOUTUBE]

just gonna leave this amazing track here.. by far my favorite (@2:44)
    "Nigga-cant-you-tell-that-my-sample-of-adele-was-so-hot-i-got-these-hood-niggas-blowin-up-my-cell."

-Childish Gambino

Anyway.. although not very fond of Adele. She is what I'd rather hear than most other BS now-a-days. She may not be as powerful as other talented singers of the past, but this world has only lowered it's standards and she's right up there voice wise. - My opinion.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
      Her voice isn't all that great. Imagine if Whitney sang "Someone Like You" at her peak...Adele just doesn't have the powerful voice that other singers had.
      Just stop now.

Whitney Houston had zero nuance to her singing. It was all shouting and vocal histrionics. The great soul singers (Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Al Green, etc.) all had great subtlety to their vocals. Whitney was just screaming all the time. And that's not "power." If you want power, listen to Patti LaBelle or Chaka Kahn. Whitney couldn't hold a candle to the greats.

I'm not a real fan of Adele, but at least she has a decent delivery. She just sings it straight, but it works for her simple melodies.
      sigpic
      1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
      2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

There's so many great singers people don't even know about especially from the past...

ie:

I think Dave Grohl said it best at the awards!

Comment

Working...
        X