anybody ever move really far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody ever move really far?

anyone elso on here been through this scenario ? in october i drove out here to cali with my girl at the time who was living with me and my mom. we broke up, now im here with my mom. and im not 21 so its hard to meet people, and all my friends from work are like 30 with kids/ family. anybody else ever move away and then get depressed and want to move back? i have mixed feelings for obvious reasons when you compare jersey to cali. just ranting
    sigpic

I moved to a whole different country (bangladesh) when i was 13 and i lived there for 2 years. It was terrible since i missed everyone i knew over here, but i met new people over there and now sometimes i wish i was with them. Meeting new people is easy, if you're reserved, well that's a different story.

A lot of rant threads lately.
    Last edited by Ayman; 02-15-2012, 12:03 AM.

Originally posted by yert315
    Your mother is plug n play

Comment

yeah im not very reserved its more that i just dont know where to go hang out. and there are way more people in this town, i dont think ive ever seen the same person around somewhere hah. its only been a few months. im feeling it out
      sigpic

Comment

its 'cause you're in Santa Rosa :giggle:

But all jokes aside, I can't imagine moving... even in the same state. Grew up in the same house for 21 years of my life and it just wouldn't feel right moving. Lot's of childhood memories, and friends that I see on a daily basis.

But I wouldn't stop myself from meeting new people, there's lots of badass people out there who can become good friends once you get to know them..

Comment

This may sound a little cheesy but I'm sure there are sites (Craigslists and others) out there that helps you meet new people in the area.

GL. I moved from cali to philly so I know how you feel.

Comment

adultfriendfinder.com

Originally posted by yert315
            Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Originally posted by Cong405 View Post
              This may sound a little cheesy but I'm sure there are sites (Craigslists and others) out there that helps you meet new people in the area.
              Plus you might get raped. So a little action and a new friend. Win win.
              sigpic

Comment

eff that,
                1. What are your hobbies first of all.
                2. Are there not other r3v members meeting up or going on drives?
                3. Do you work/ go to school?
                Meeting people in a new place can be hard, but if you join things like Kick-ball leauges/ car clubs, you are bound to make some friends. CA isn't the easiest place to meet people, when I lived out there, it was tough meeting new people. But once you meet one, there are more to follow. If you have a hobby, you are bound to meet others interested in it.
                Chin up buddy. Don't move home b/c you don't know anyone. With time that will change. Enjoy CA, and travel around dicovering things new to you. There's plenty out there to keep you busy.
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

maybe just moved a few miles but nothing too crazy far.

Comment

I moved from the east coast to japan for a semester of school. IT was one of the best experiences of my life.

Comment

I move all the time for work, granted it's usually just for a few months. Sometimes though it's for a lot longer of a time. I would meet new people at work and go out with them and make new friends in the process. The one time I did move where it wasn't for work I moved to Mountain View, Ca. I had one friend there for awhile but, I started going to different events around the area and all fell into place. I have found that making friends is all about how much effort you put into it. You can't really make friends just sitting at home you know, go out and do things you like and sooner or later you will meet some friends interested in the same things as you.

Comment

Yeah, I did, and I'm loving every moment of it, the only thing I miss is my family, and Del Taco.

(P.S. - I also miss the sokal e30 lyfestyle krew)

Comment

yeah ive been cruising around on my bike and stuff i am going to try to make it t the nearest e30 meet sometime soon but i work really shitty hours
                          sigpic

Comment

Having lived all my life in SoCal (the "good" parts: West LA, South OC), I left "everything I knew" and moved up to Washington almost two years ago. I just want(ed) to see a different part of the country while I was/am still able. I've met very cool people here, but I'll probably move back to California since it's better (there, I said it).

'04 Toyota Sienna AWD (sold)
                            '86 BMW 325 coupe (owned since 10/11)
                            '05 Subaru WRX sedan (sold)
                            '86 Subaru GL-10 wagon (sold)
                            '98 Acura Integra GS-R hatchback (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                              Yeah, I did, and I'm loving every moment of it, the only thing I miss is my family, and Del Taco.

(P.S. - I also miss the sokal e30 lyfestyle krew)
                              One of the reasons I'll never move.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

Working...
                              X