Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I'm editing a paper for an English group project...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm editing a paper for an English group project...

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE USE CORRECT GRAMMAR AND SPELLING???!!!

Has college/high school student grammar always sucked this much dick or is this a relatively recent development?

I understand people not giving two shits about grammar on, say, an internet forum...but, for fuck's sake actually try to get it right in an ENGLISH class...

inb4 r3v grammar nazis comb through this post and make me look like a fool.

/endrant

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Examples? I mainly get points off for accidental slang and such ("smoke screens" "under the influence of..."), but I see people's essays with MAJOR grammar flaws, your/you're, there/their, etc.
    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

My girlfriend and her family are grammar nazi's, I hate it when they give me shit but I correct myself and don't sound like a dolt in front of smart people.
      1985 BMW 325e
      1997 BMW M3/4/5
      2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Have you guys ever heard of MLA formatting....that shit turns A papers in to B papers.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Behold our culture of degeneracy... This is what happens when you implement liberalism.

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
            Have you guys ever heard of MLA formatting....that shit turns A papers in to B papers.
            Originally posted by blunttech
            Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
            :shock:

Comment

My sister works for one of the major TV stations and she was just given an intern to help with work. She tells me that this girl cannot even read print copy that comes in from the major feeds. She is also a meally mouth talker and mumbles everything she says. To get an idea chew some gum and put your hand over your mouth and speak at a low volume and say things. That will about sum up how she sounds. The intern was given a simple task of calling some source to confirm some information after being trained on the phones. My sister walked by after 15 minutes and asked if it had been confirmed. The intern stated that the line was busy. My sister took the number DIALED 9 to get an outside line and got through immediately! She asked the intern if she dialed a 9 for an outside line like she had been trained and was greeted by a response of OOOOOhhhh thats what I needed to do.

It is very bad out there my friends! I often restrain myself from correcting others poor grammar or incorrect phrasing as nobody likes to hear it and some get darn right pissed if you correct them. So I just let their poor word usage compound itself!

Comment

I caught a then/than error on the ticker tape on the news the other night, you'd think that shit would get proof read by somebody.

It's true that shitty grammar while texting or posting on the net is pretty inconsequential but the thing is that habits die hard. You will end up misspelling and/or forgetting proper punctuation when you are trying to get it right.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                  Examples? I mainly get points off for accidental slang and such ("smoke screens" "under the influence of..."), but I see people's essays with MAJOR grammar flaws, your/you're, there/their, etc.
                  Yeah, I understand people not knowing every little comma rule and "nuancy" things like that.

Originally posted by e30e View Post
                  My girlfriend and her family are grammar nazi's, I hate it when they give me shit but I correct myself and don't sound like a dolt in front of smart people.
                  I definitely bite my tongue a lot so I don't become a pretentious ass hat...

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                  Fuck formatting. That's all.

Originally posted by Adrian_Visser View Post
                  I caught a then/than error on the ticker tape on the news the other night, you'd think that shit would get proof read by somebody.

It's true that shitty grammar while texting or posting on the net is pretty inconsequential but the thing is that habits die hard. You will end up misspelling and/or forgetting proper punctuation when you are trying to get it right.
                  That is what irks me the most. The people writing this shit had the time to sit down and read what they actually wrote...yet there's still crap I have to weed through...

On a side note. I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever do a group project concerning cars in any class outside of an engineering one...and even then...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

It's not only America.. There are so many battlers here.
                    Tim.

Comment

"I can has cheezburger" will be noted as the beginning of the downfall of american grammar competence.

Comment

Working...
                      X