No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed my front overhead maplight.. Apparently when the previous owner removed the upper console to work on the sunroof he hooked everything up wrong.

#notaroverproblem

#successtory

Still need to replace whatever is whining in the front, but fuckit

#yolo

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
      #yolo
      Ban!
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
        Fixed my front overhead maplight.. Apparently when the previous owner removed the upper console to work on the sunroof he hooked everything up wrong.

#notaroverproblem

#successtory

Still need to replace whatever is whining in the front, but fuckit

#yolo
        #swag
        1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
          #swag
          Ban!

I'mm PM you two the address where you will be required to turn in your Rovers for a pre-determined amount if time.

Comment

So I'm thinking my Discovery needs a man pedal swap.
            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Expectations are low in this thread!! It's a carmakers dream to have such accommodating owners.

Originally posted by Holland View Post
              So I'm thinking my Discovery needs a man pedal swap.

A buddy has a 5 speed disco (96 maybe?), he said it was the last year offered i think. Towed my craigslist 3.7 liter M30 E30 home like a boss. Man pedal FTW.

On another note, i've driving my 50 year old farm truck every day and i can't get it to break down like you guys.
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                Expectations are low in this thread!! It's a carmakers dream to have such accommodating owners.

A buddy has a 5 speed disco (96 maybe?), he said it was the last year offered i think. Towed my craigslist 3.7 liter M30 E30 home like a boss. Man pedal FTW.

On another note, i've driving my 50 year old farm truck every day and i can't get it to break down like you guys.
                Tractors don't break down. Things just quit working, but somehow the vehicle keeps going. I've got a 1948 Willys that was all kinds of derelict and it still ran until I lost interest in it, lol.

Comment

The Majesty requires that her vehicles only carry her to places on Tuesdays, that way the royal mechanics can fix every other day.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                    Someone, find me this engine cover.

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:3r...engine_003.JPG
                    Check this out!! Kinda Spendy though.

Range Rover Engine Cover
                    sigpic
                    e30 Sold long ago - Too many BMWs since then... For now 2006 M5

Comment

Just rebuilt the front propshaft to get rid of a click I heard when engaging the clutch. The U-joints felt really good when I pulled it, but threw new medium-duty GKNs in it anyway. Let's hope it works.

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
                        Just rebuilt the front propshaft to get rid of a click I heard when engaging the clutch. The U-joints felt really good when I pulled it, but threw new medium-duty GKNs in it anyway. Let's hope it works.
                        Gonna do that this weekend.
                        How difficult was it?

Comment

Not bad. That is, if you don't mind turning 8 nuts one side at a time for about an hour. :(

Tips:

-wear a hat, if your Rover's underside is as oily as mine's is

-you'll need two 9/16" combination wrenches. 14mm will also work

-jack up one of the front wheels so you can rotate the propshaft

-be VERY careful that you don't allow any of the needles to drop whilst installing the joint caps. Double-check that the cap is seated on the cross properly & not off by the width of a needle. (I have lots of experience with C&B kits. I am careful with these things. Still, I screwed up. Twice.)

-add more grease to the bearing cups to help the needles stay put

-don't separate the propshaft halves. I don't see the need. If you do, be SURE to mark the correct position. They are timed.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358129280.401012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	7149375

This is only one reason these are the best 4x4xfar.

Comment

Cause no one has the right socket to steal my steelies!
                              sigpic
                              89 325i Offroad
                              89 325i
                              05 C240 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by AZRRC View Post
                                Cause no one has the right socket to steal my steelies!
                                I *hate* those stupid aluminum capped lug nuts sooo much. That and the fact that my spare has the smaller steel lugs.
                                1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                                You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Working...
                                X