OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    Lol, the thought did go through my head when I was going mine...then I was like, wait.....this is fuel line....nope. lol
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

So, smoke tested the thing last night.

Got smoke coming from the CCV valve and where the hose from the valve cover hooks into it.

BUT, it really didn't seem that bad.

After testing it, the damn thing ran perfect. Drove it home just fine. This morning, started it and it was all over the place, then died. Got it going again, came to the first stop light and it died. Had a little trouble restarting it. Got it going again and took back roads to work so I could "Cali-roll" the stop signs to keep her running. Got to work after dogging the shit out of it (I was pissed at this point) and it idled just fine in the parking lot.

So I'm thinking the CCV valve diaphragm is waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed, and sometimes it works, other times is doesn't. I'm about ready to just install an oil catch can and roll, but this isn't a race car or turbo motor, so I don't wanna look like a poseur.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Going to check out a '99 DII with 170k on the clock sometime this week. According to the seller, it needs tires, brakes, and the CEL is on. It's really tempting, but I can also find about a billion Jeep Cherokees & Grand Cherokees that need less work in the same price range. Is it worth it? I did the "Land Rover Experience" a couple summers ago & loved it, they're so damn capable even bone stock! I'm just concerned I might be opening a can of repair worms when what I really want & need is something reliable & utilitarian to drive when the weather is shitty, transporting parts/gear/dogs, or when the e30 is out of commission for maintenance work/mods. I am conflicted...
        Originally posted by Dozyproductions
        You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
          Going to check out a '99 DII with 170k on the clock sometime this week. According to the seller, it needs tires, brakes, and the CEL is on. It's really tempting, but I can also find about a billion Jeep Cherokees & Grand Cherokees that need less work in the same price range. Is it worth it? I did the "Land Rover Experience" a couple summers ago & loved it, they're so damn capable even bone stock! I'm just concerned I might be opening a can of repair worms when what I really want & need is something reliable & utilitarian to drive when the weather is shitty, transporting parts/gear/dogs, or when the e30 is out of commission for maintenance work/mods. I am conflicted...
          It will probably need at least as much work and upkeep as an E30.
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
            It will probably need at least as much work and upkeep as an E30.
            Sure, but will it really be that much more work than a Jeep of similar age? I have no problems with DIY. I've been DD'ing my e30 for a few years now after selling my S4 and 100CS wagon and keeping up with maintenance & upgrades on the BMW is no problem 98% of the time, it just sucks to drive a lowered e30 in the high rockies of Colorado in the winter if ya know what I mean.
            Originally posted by Dozyproductions
            You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
              Sure, but will it really be that much more work than a Jeep of similar age? I have no problems with DIY. I've been DD'ing my e30 for a few years now after selling my S4 and 100CS wagon and keeping up with maintenance & upgrades on the BMW is no problem 98% of the time, it just sucks to drive a lowered e30 in the high rockies of Colorado in the winter if ya know what I mean.
              Not that much more work, but parts are much more expensive.
              1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

MAF was bad,......I hope. I was playing with it and unplugged it and it got better. waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles, I over complicate shit.

Anywho, ordered a new one, and I want to go roving in the GWNF. Hell, I'd even go with some Jeeps if I had to.

Comment

MAF was bad,......I hope. I was playing with it and unplugged it and it got better. waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles, I over complicate shit.

Anywho, ordered a new one, and I want to go roving in the GWNF. Hell, I'd even go with some Jeeps if I had to.
                  I would have sold you one for super cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
                    I would have sold you one for super cheap.
                    $25 shipped cheap? Lol.

....all of your cars are OBD2 though.....

Comment

$25 shipped cheap? Lol.

....all of your cars are OBD2 though.....
                      like 10 bucks, not doing me any good.

It should still work.

Comment

like 10 bucks, not doing me any good.

It should still work.
                        Word. Can try it. That blue one from the M3 finally crapped out gloriously....I think.

Comment

Word. Can try it. That blue one from the M3 finally crapped out gloriously....I think.
                          Shit get the door to close better on my blue car and you can have it.

Comment

Shit get the door to close better on my blue car and you can have it.
                            I think I'd rather pay for it. Lol

Comment

Finally got tired of the saggy headliner, so I removed it.

Debating leaving the fiberglass tray out entirely, or painting it and reinstalling it. For now I'm enjoying the airiness and seeing all the crap the stuff up under there.

Also painted my grille and cowel vents back to black.

Tomorrow I'm going with Inufaye to pick up a 96 Disco chassis with everything but the body and engine still attached. LT230 here we come.

Comment

Yay for LT230. Mine leaks like a donkeys ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X