OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30vert View Post
    Is that a standard ODBII code reader and could be used with other ODBII compliant vehicles? What model and source?
    Its for Rovers only, I have a standard OBDII reader and it does not do anything worth a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
      Check the yellow connectors under the drivers seat. 80% of the time that's what it is. Hit the connection with some dielectric grease.
      Its that rotary connection in the steering column, I'll yank one from a wrecking yard and see how long that lasts.

Comment

98 P38 just came up locally for sale

4.6 HSE

109k on the body
        60k on the new motor, old one over heated and it was cheaper to replace
        everything on the inside works
        Air suspension was deleted
        Radiator just replaced
        Brakes just replaced

he wants 4K, but I'd offer him 3k cash. Thoughts before I go to the bank?

Comment

Originally posted by nickpro View Post
          98 P38 just came up locally for sale

4.6 HSE

109k on the body
          60k on the new motor, old one over heated and it was cheaper to replace
          everything on the inside works
          Air suspension was deleted
          Radiator just replaced
          Brakes just replaced

he wants 4K, but I'd offer him 3k cash. Thoughts before I go to the bank?

3k seems like a good deal. Be aware that absolutely everything in a P38 runs off of the DME. Also be aware that they are notorious for catching fire. Other than that they are posh, and capable vehicles.
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I always referenced P38s to be Land Rover's e36. Classics are the e30. Then L322s are the e46/90.
            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

He wouldn't take 3k.
              "If $1,000 is keeping you from buying this, this is the wrong car for you"

Yeah alright buddy. I told him I'll stop back in a few week when he still has it.

Comment

Originally posted by nickpro View Post
                He wouldn't take 3k.
                "If $1,000 is keeping you from buying this, this is the wrong car for you"

Yeah alright buddy. I told him I'll stop back in a few week when he still has it.
                No, it's being smart because you will dump that 1k into maintenance and repairs.
                1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                  No, it's being smart because you will dump that 1k into maintenance and repairs.
                  BOOM.

These things aren't getting any more valuable. I'll probably drop by $1k KBB value in the next week.

Comment

The man does have a point. These cars will bankrupt you if you don't have available capital. A thousand bucks gets you a cupholder with these things. I cannot stress this enough, the repair costs make BMW's looks like Ford parts at 60% off.

Had a disco for a year or so as a playtoy before getting my 2012 FJ cruiser. The purchase price was the cheapest thing I did with it.

Great trucks though, but my FJ is worlds better.
                    Back to my roots

Comment

Originally posted by AdironRider View Post
                      The man does have a point. These cars will bankrupt you if you don't have available capital. A thousand bucks gets you a cupholder with these things. I cannot stress this enough, the repair costs make BMW's looks like Ford parts at 60% off.

Had a disco for a year or so as a playtoy before getting my 2012 FJ cruiser. The purchase price was the cheapest thing I did with it.

Great trucks though, but my FJ is worlds better.
                      Actually, cupholders are between $60 and $75 for a set. ;)

Comment

Hit 140000 today, its due for an oil change, and headgaskets! Picked up my rebuilt spare set of heads today and will install everything next month.

The SRS light is on because the Disco didn't want me to think its reliable and turns random lights on to remind me how British it is.

/the rotary coupler in the steering column is faulty.

Comment

ROVER DOWN

Something is going on with the fuel pump. It's shorting out at the pump/harness connection and burning up the contacts. Drove perfect last night, dropped my parents off at their house, and then it wouldn't start. Took the cover off the pump and noticed a little blue spark in the connector housing when trying to start it.

Comment

Pump starting to die and pulling more amps than normal?

Comment

Hadn't thought of that. It's not particularly noisy. I did just "re-wire" it, cleaning up the old splicing bullshit someone did. Posted about it a couple pages back.

It looks like it's the ground wire that is causing the issue. I think I'm gonna splice in a new ground to the frame/body and bypass the harness. See if that helps.

Hopefully the terminal in the pump housing it's totally burnt up.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                                Actually, cupholders are between $60 and $75 for a set. ;)
                                Hah of course they are, but I think you got my point.

Did you end up buying it and it broke down first day? Welcome to Land Rover ownership.

Seriously awesome rigs, but I wouldn't want one as my only car.
                                Back to my roots

Comment

Working...
                                X