Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoid the 4.6

Comment

Later 4.6 blocks are terrible. Maybe the fact that everything runs off of the same computer, and that they love to start forest fires.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Our p38 is a bucket. Offroad height on bags is probably the most uncomfortable ride in any 4x4. All plastic parts are stupid brittle. Just changed the plugs, oil, filters, water pump, timing chain, and gaskets. MPG went from 14 to 12... 40$ gets you a quarter tank of 91.

We have a 4.0. No fires yet. Stock deck took a dump. Installed an aftermarket, and still need to bypass the speaker amps in every door to get rid of the popping in the speakers.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Man, anything good about dicking with the 4.6? SRSLY, I plan to use this thing. My Classic is getting too, riggish, and it's a bit anemic for towing, which I do enough of. IDK, it's 50 more torques. The reason they fail is they are running lean. They were programmed to run lean for emissions. An ECU chip/flash can fix that.

I'm not afraid of the air suspension. I can get OE bags for $160ea. I would like to get one with functioning air for some strange reason, maybe I like a challenge. It's kinda like VANOS, I was afraid of mine failing until I rebuilt it, now I love it.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

not the bags that fail. Usually the compressors like to die. For towing need to buy a tow harness for lights. Stupid reason they didnt come with it... like every suv in the planet.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Compressors can be rebuilt for like $105, DIY. No big.

I need to get out and drive some and check them out in person, problem is they're all too far away. I think I've seen two locally, ever.

Comment

Slammin, please tell me not to buy this beaut!!!!

Comment

BUY IT.

Rangerovers.net will tell you everything. I'm pouring through the EAS system stuff as we speak, lol.

Comment

Waiting on a reply. This with 33's is my dream rig!
                    After hearing what you said about towing, I'm scared. My 5.4l expedition tows shit like a bawss. I can't have both though so i'd like your opinion on it. Will it be up to the task of say, a 6k-lbs trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                      Waiting on a reply. This with 33's is my dream rig!
                      After hearing what you said about towing, I'm scared. My 5.4l expedition tows shit like a bawss. I can't have both though so i'd like your opinion on it. Will it be up to the task of say, a 6k-lbs trailer?
                      Mine has an M52, so it's anemic, BUT I did tow another 4.5k lb Disco. We estimate I had up to 10k lbs between my Rover, the Disco 2, and the trailer.

Little M52 pulled it all like a champ.

They do like to sway though, so I'd get an anti sway kit or whatever. I haven't yet, but it hasn't bothered me.
                      Last edited by slammin.e28; 11-10-2013, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Was at a car meet on saturday at the Simone Auto Museum and this was sitting out back (Along with a bricklin)

I'm gonna call tomorrow and see if I can track down the owner.

Comment

Woo hooo!

Finally fixed mine. With Boreas coming in, I wanted to be prepared for the lack of snow we would get, so I measures, cut, bent, welded, cut, welded, ground, welded and put together a transmission cooler line that won't come apart.

Feels good to drive 'er again.

Comment

Disco 2 is almost done, but I think slammin might have kicked my disco 1 to death. :/
                            1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
                              Disco 2 is almost done, but I think slammin might have kicked my disco 1 to death. :/
                              236k miles.....I'd say it's done damn good.

Time for M52. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                                236k miles.....I'd say it's done damn good.

Time for a TDi. ^_^
                                Fixed that for you Slammin

Comment

Working...
                                X