X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James View Post
    Fixed that for you Slammin
    Yes! If only we got those stateside.

I will get an M57 for mine one day. Just waiting on the cash/time to do it.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
      Man, love this thread on Pirate.

95 Classic Build

Eventually mine will probably end up like that, as I replace things with upgraded things, etc. Going to have to retire it from DD duty and buy an L322 eventually.

Ermagerd!!!!!!

Not many Rovers can make this Jeep guy say that.
      Originally posted by Roysneon
      I have a vert project car that will stay auto until/unless the trans craps out on me. I'm just gonna paint it, slam it and pull bitches.

Comment

Haha! I just went back and checked the updates. It's ridiculous. Love that thing.

Just needs to diesel swap it, whether a TDi or 4bt, it needs to burn oil, in a good way.

Comment

Haha! I just went back and checked the updates. It's ridiculous. Love that thing.

Just needs to diesel swap it, whether a TDi or 4bt, it needs to burn oil, in a good way.
          4bt is waaaaaaaay too heavy. Something like 900lbs fully dressed. Light compared to the Cummins engines I make injectors for though! :D
          I have a vert project car that will stay auto until/unless the trans craps out on me. I'm just gonna paint it, slam it and pull bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by FlexdXJ View Post
            4bt is waaaaaaaay too heavy. Something like 900lbs fully dressed. Light compared to the Cummins engines I make injectors for though! :D
            It's been done, lol.

So many people do Benz diesels. Volvo diesels too. I'm already set up to receive a M5x block, so I want to do an M51 or M57. Already have mounts and everything with my current plant, only problem is the US never got BMW diesels until like 2009, except the M21, but that thing is a turd burgaler.

Comment

M51 is a piece of crap. You do not want that. M57 on the other hand ir pretty awesome. If you can, go for it.

Comment

It's been done, lol.
                I'm sure its been done but they are heavy! :D

Comment

Starter decided to die in my driveway, rolled it down the hill and fixed it on the side of the road.

Comment

Originally posted by atmobenzin View Post
                    M51 is a piece of crap. You do not want that. M57 on the other hand ir pretty awesome. If you can, go for it.
                    If only, if only. I've got this S52 block to rebuild and make a M52B32, but for the cost of that I could import a M57 from the UK. :/

We'll see. I'm tempted to backburner the M52B32 project and build that bottom for my e36 M3, make a S50B32US, so to speak, lol.

Originally posted by FlexdXJ View Post
                    I'm sure its been done but they are heavy! :D
                    ...and pricey. I was looking into that Isuzu diesel that's basically a knockoff Cummins, but then I'm set up for a BMW I6 straight away, so I'd rather that.

Comment

So, as my rear end got louder and louder, last night I had some time to look in it. ;)

Empty. No fluid.

So I took my air nozzle, wrapped it in some rags, and blew compressed air into the housing. Lo and behold there are 3 pinholes through the diff pan between 10 and 11 o'clock. So I patched over them with some JB Weld and filled the diff to quiet it down. I couldn't hear my tires over the howling of the rear end. This weekend I'll swap over the D1 rear. Looked at it and it still had paint on it. Too bad I just put new brakes on my current rear, and thus wheel bearings...but the D1 diff had the same thing done to it before it was parted.

Swell.

Comment

I need to check the fluids on my Trooper.... Very afraid of having that happen.

My first e30 had no tranny fluid in it when I got it. Filled it up just to have it piss out of the selector shaft and tailshaft seals. Ended up needing to replace it after a few months.

I feel your pain.
                        No E30 Club
                        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                          I need to check the fluids on my Trooper.... Very afraid of having that happen.

My first e30 had no tranny fluid in it when I got it. Filled it up just to have it piss out of the selector shaft and tailshaft seals. Ended up needing to replace it after a few months.

I feel your pain.
                          Yeah, I can't believe they made these so thin. One fix is to weld on a sewer cap, but since my diff is howling, I'm just going to swap it.

I knew this day was coming. Just finally got tired of listening to the howl. On another note, these must be pretty stout. It's been doing this for probably 2k miles, and some long, towing trips in there too.

If it wasn't time to pay for what I already own (personal property tax) I'd nab lockers to put in, but no, have to give Uncle Sam his dirty money.

Comment

I need to check the fluid in my diffs. Laziness overcomes me.
                            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Tonight.

I should be able to turn the key on project 500 dollar Disco 2.
                              1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

So, missed the ice apocalypse because my trans line decided to pop a pinhole leak in my terrible MIG weld.

Time to TIG.

...and the Wal-Mart battery from 2011 is failing like a mother fucker. Fuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X