Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, did some quick and dirty calculations, inspired by this pic:

....and did this:

Real rough. Held the camera as close to level as possible without a stand.

I'm gonna do one on the lift at work next time I have the Rover here.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

What are you guys too busy fixing your rigs and not driving them? It's been 6 weeks and no action on this thread.

I need more Rover in my life. I should ditch the Subaru and pick one up...
      Instagram
      sigpic
      Current: 99 M3
      Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

I drove mine to the Chick Fil A yesterday.

Also put gas in it.

Comment

I looked at my leaking swivel ball yesterday. Yup, still leaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            This thread broken down and left to rot in someones back yard yet?
            And now here we stand.

Got an offer to trade my Miata for an 02 Discovery.

What to look for? Sounds like its a little rough, but supposedly runs good and ac blows cold.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I Went to tow my e30 to the dyno Saturday and the smaller idler pulley let loose not 5 miles from home. Belt was fine, but it, the bad idler, and the larger idler got replaced Monday on the side of the road.

Interesting note, the replacements were metal pulleys, not plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                And now here we stand.

Got an offer to trade my Miata for an 02 Discovery.

What to look for? Sounds like its a little rough, but supposedly runs good and ac blows cold.
                Crawl up under it and make sure it has the nipple for the locking center diff linkage.

Otherwise, if the AC works, it's probably in pretty good shape.

If it didn't work, I'd assume it was neglected in other aspects too.

Comment

So since I don't have the truck, I'm doing limited reading in case it falls through. Sounds like 02 probably doesn't have the CDL transfer case.... If it doesn't, a TC that had it would swap right in, correct?

This will end up being the wife/trip vehicle if I can get it mechanically sound.
                  No E30 Club
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I believe so. It's work, but IIRC it can be done.

Honestly, the thing operates just fine w/out locking the center diff. The traction control is awesome. I've never had the CD locked and been fine so far. There were places where it would have been nice, but I got through.

Three amigos is easy to fix.

Really, they're not bad for a DIYer who has time to fix them when they go wrong. It's the people who have to pay to have them fixed that bitch because it costs....

Comment

Iirc all the disco II had cdl case just not the means to activate it till the 04 and last year..

Am thinking you have to buy the lever and bracket for the 04 if you patticular rig does not have it the selector plate that is on the t case. It's been long time since I did this reading so I might have it wrong .......
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        Iirc all the disco II had cdl case just not the means to activate it till the 04 and last year..

Am thinking you have to buy the lever and bracket for the 04 if you patticular rig does not have it the selector plate that is on the t case. It's been long time since I did this reading so I might have it wrong .......
                        Up to a certain build date. 2003 didn't have the nipple. I think some EARLY 2002s did....maybe it's 2001. I know my 01 has it, but no linkage.

Anywho, the ones with the nipple just need the linkage from an 04 or a D1 (modified)

Comment

Honestly I will probably just put some nice tires on it and roll.

I kind of figured it's similar to my S4. A nightmare for someone who has to pay another to work on, but not a big deal for a DIY kind of person.

I'm pretty excited, hope it goes well.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

Got mine cleaned up this weekend, planning on driving it more in the coming months. This one is at 165k with OG headgaskets. In the last year I've done water pump, hoses and radiator, but other than that it's mostly original. It does have a small coolant leak, which I think is the timing cover but I have yet to pinpoint it. For now I'm just really careful with the coolant system, but this fall/winter I plan to do the timing cover and some other stuff while I'm in there.

Biggest issue I'm having right now is the windshield surrounds, pillars and cowl are deteriorating badly and the stock stuff is super expensive to replace. Anyone dealt with this before?

20150905_145030 by Jonathan braswell, on Flickr
                            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I'm going to undo all the doings on I did on the D2.

BECAUSE I'M GETTING A SERIES 3 109 PICKUP!!!!!

Comment

Awesome!
                                i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Working...
                                X