No announcement yet.

The Hot Wheels thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checked Wal-Mart again today, they still haven't gotten their freight in, they're still wiped out from Christmas.

Going to check Target/Fred Meyer/Wal-Mart again tomorrow.

I intend to do copious amounts of painting and wheel-swapping of these when I find them. Going to also try out a few different materials for a gurney flap and a front splitter.

Comment

apparently theres a boatload in my town now.

i need to make a trip to wally world.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
        Checked Wal-Mart again today, they still haven't gotten their freight in, they're still wiped out from Christmas.

Going to check Target/Fred Meyer/Wal-Mart again tomorrow.

I intend to do copious amounts of painting and wheel-swapping of these when I find them. Going to also try out a few different materials for a gurney flap and a front splitter.
        I recommend styrene. Comes in sheets used for modeling. Comes in different thickness & shapes. U channels, tubes, sheets

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Paydirt lol I found so far 2 E30 M3 and two different colored 2002's

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

That's 2 people then so far finding them in Oregon, I'm so excited to go check again tomorrow.

I have to say, that while I know they'll produce millions of these things, buying EIGHTEEN of them at a time is pretty ridiculous. Stuff like that is what kills the ability of other collectors to get a hold of them, too. It used to be at at least a few of the stores around here, you could only buy a certain number of the same model, like between 2-5. There's seriously no good reason for buying almost 20 of them at the same time and cleaning them completely out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
              That's 2 people then so far finding them in Oregon, I'm so excited to go check again tomorrow.

I have to say, that while I know they'll produce millions of these things, buying EIGHTEEN of them at a time is pretty ridiculous. Stuff like that is what kills the ability of other collectors to get a hold of them, too. It used to be at at least a few of the stores around here, you could only buy a certain number of the same model, like between 2-5. There's seriously no good reason for buying almost 20 of them at the same time and cleaning them completely out.

unless you plan on modifying a bunch and painting like different rally and dtm cars of its era, or if you are going to sell a bunch when they are hard to find lol.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

I'm going to do the same (probably not to sell), just saying.

Comment

Yea i do agree, but this site will be the major purchaser of these, most collectors dgaf about it being an e30 m3, more they want to complete the set so in thirty years they have a complete set to sell for 100$
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Well I made off with 4 M3's. I checked Fred Meyer too but it seems they don't rotate their stock as often as Wal-Mart. I now own 3 2002s in different colors, 4 M3, and a Z4M.

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                      Yea i do agree, but this site will be the major purchaser of these, most collectors dgaf about it being an e30 m3, more they want to complete the set so in thirty years they have a complete set to sell for 100$
                      I'd say it will S14.net more than anyone.

Comment

got 3 for myself at walmart.
                        one to keep in package.
                        one to have out of package.
                        and one to modify.

Comment

Went down to Walmart, and they didn't have any. Guess I'll have to keep checking up on them.

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

Spent Friday night hitting up 6 Walmarts with some friends haha, finished with 52 cars between the three of us. Still no luck on an M3, but I finally managed to find a black Z4. I have a feeling in a month or two they'll be everywhere.

Kinda surprised how picked over the fancier collector editions are, every store that carries them either have empty racks or piles of the same two crappy cars and no M3's or M1's. I did score a sweet little 914 though!

Last edited by Raxe; 01-05-2013, 01:29 AM.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

The Bimmer collection so far not including duplicates.

And the rest if the gang.

I need to make a shelf also. That'll be a good project.
                              DENY IGNORANCE!
                              Schwarz 325-totaled
                              brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
                              don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Been meaning to pick these up. Not hotwheels but still pretty ill!

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1357408852325.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	7149076

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1357408903810.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	7149077

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
                                clutchCTRL!