Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy.B View Post
    Keeping it in the Google family, I just ordered this beautiful device:

After 8+ years with Verizon I am changing carriers when my current plan ends on February 15th. I'm going to port my existing number to Google Voice and then forward it to my new number (so none of my friends/family need to update their contacts), use Google Voice's VOIP calling through the Nexus 5 whenever I am on wifi (home/work), and use T-Mobiles $30 a month plan (100 minutes/unlimited text/unlimited data (first 5 gb at 4g)). All things considered, I will save about $20 a month for the next two years, and be free from a bloated 2 year contract.
    I'm jelly :\ I wish the Nexus 5 worked on Virgin's network.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
      Its not everyday you see blue pile carpet
      Just an image I snagged from the webzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I also got my mother this for her Bday, she does in home care for the Elderly and dying. My mother is a beast, no clue how she becomes friends, then has to watch them pass away.
      32gb Nexus7
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
        Why not just port your number to T-Mobile?
        Two reasons...

1. I can forward Google voice to my phone, my computer, or a standalone VoIP phone at home, and use voip through the phone from my Google voice number , allowing me to limit the amount of minutes I use on t-mobiles network.

2. If I find I hate T-Mobile, move somewhere that gets better coverage with a different carrier, or start getting consistently throttled by my carrier, I can throw out the sim card, but a new one and activate it with a new number, change the forwarding number with Google voice, and be back in business.

Basically, I want to separate my phone/phone number/provider as much as possible to have more flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
          Just an image I snagged from the webzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I also got my mother this for her Bday, she does in home care for the Elderly and dying. My mother is a beast, no clue how she becomes friends, then has to watch them pass away.
          32gb Nexus7
          My mom has a nexus 7 to and she loves the thing

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Just got this one, waiting for it to arrive

Continuous For Sale Thread
            323i s50

Comment

Two reasons...

1. I can forward Google voice to my phone, my computer, or a standalone VoIP phone at home, and use voip through the phone from my Google voice number , allowing me to limit the amount of minutes I use on t-mobiles network.

2. If I find I hate T-Mobile, move somewhere that gets better coverage with a different carrier, or start getting consistently throttled by my carrier, I can throw out the sim card, but a new one and activate it with a new number, change the forwarding number with Google voice, and be back in business.

Basically, I want to separate my phone/phone number/provider as much as possible to have more flexibility.
              That's an interesting solution. But I don't get how google voice will help you...other then to save money. I know google voice will transcribe voicemail, but don't other apps do that? I know my google voicemail, sucks at transcriptions. I usually get "Hey Hore. The movie is at none by a block. Point be ate."

[rant]I kicked voice mail to the curb years ago - my outgoing messages is my email address. Why? Cause I don't need you to hi-jack my ear for 10 mins while you tell me something I already know, only to tell me what I do at 11 mins in to the voicemail - and if it's that important, you'll call back[/end rant]

Anyways....

Check out Straight Talk. And despite the name, you don't have to be straight. (not that there is anything wrong with that)

$45 a month, unlimited everything. I've been on it for 3 year now. You can buy a phone from them, or bring your own phone. CDMA or Sim card. Most any phone will work.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

If I am unhappy with t-mobiles $30 plan, I will probably switch to straight talk.

The major benefit of porting my number to Google Voice is to be able to forward my number everyone already has to other devices. With a location aware app, I can have it automatically trigger GV to forward calls to a VoIP telephone while at home.

Mainly, GV will help me save money, but also save me from putting my existing number over and over if I change carriers. I can just port it once, then forward it to different devices/numbers as desired.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

If I am unhappy with t-mobiles $30 plan
                  Let us know how it goes.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I've bought three Chromecasts now. I love those things.

This is my most recent purchase though. Don't let the exterior fool you. She is a cream puff

sigpic

Comment

Comment

I really like Beretta. Probably the only hammer gun I'd ever consider owning.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                        Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheH6 View Post
                          I've wanted one of these since I was a kid. Unfortunately It always gets pushed back in the line of firearm purchases.

Have fun with it.
                          No E30 Club
                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheH6 View Post
                              Keep it clean...prone to corrosion. Just had to send 45 of our to DRMO for destruction. Salt from concealed use accelerates it.
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                                I really like Beretta. Probably the only hammer gun I'd ever consider owning.
                                Sig. Drink the Kool-Aid it's good ;)

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                Jealous. I love those trucks. If my 2nd gen 4runner ever shits the bed I'll be looking for one of those.

Comment

Working...
                                X