Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
    Sweet, I've had an Arduino starter kit sitting on my desk for the last 6 months...haven't had time to play with it. What do you have planned for your first project (blinking LEDs don't count).

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
      Ahh to get older and decide that what I NEED is more important than what I want.

I have been needing glasses for years now. Been 6 years since I last purchased contacts. I have been able to pass my vision test at the DMV, though barely, so I haven't been too worried about it.

Then the other day at the range I realized I wouldn't even feel comfortable shooting at a 50 yard target without magnification... Got a prescription for contacts and glasses, decided glasses would come first. Still, dropped roughly $500 today and I still haven't ordered contacts. This shit's expensive!
      Pfft, been wearing glasses since I was 5 so it's no biggie for me anymore. I have contacts, but don't really like them since the magnification is constantly changing with astigmatism (rotating lenses every time you blink).

Considered laser surgery, but optom didn't suggest it, even tho it's gotten slightly better and cheaper. You'll still need glasses again in 5-7 years (waste of money). Just keep getting fancy glasses to update your styles/tastes, more fun that way too

Comment

I have an astigmatism in my right eye but it is slight, so I haven't had any issues.

The problem for me, is I refuse to wear glasses that cost $350 at work. (I work on Trains for a living, so it's is fairly hazardous to fragile expensive items.) So contacts, with safety glasses per rules.

Oh, and fuck laser surgery. My wife had a customer who went blind because of it. The poor guy retired, bought and RV for his wife and himself to travel the country in, and got the surgery. Hit an optic nerve, and bam, blind.

I have read that it is extremely rare, but for me, Glasses and contacts aren't enough of an inconvenience to risk it at all. Plus I like my new frames.
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
          Ebay 10 watt Leds - stupid cheap. Can't decide if I want to make the world's most kick ass reverse lights(think of 4 or 5 of them on each side for backing up - like stadium lighting when going in reverse), or under cabinet lighting in the kitchen.

They do need a good heat sink, and a constant current driver. So kinda a PITA to work with properly.

For public consumption? Please!
          sigpic
          TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
          FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

"We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

^'splain me waz up wit the vino?
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

It's the last thing that I bought.
                "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                  Sweet, I've had an Arduino starter kit sitting on my desk for the last 6 months...haven't had time to play with it. What do you have planned for your first project (blinking LEDs don't count).
                  The shield above the Uno is GPS/GSM/HSPA + audio/video and MicroSD.
                  So there's tons of stuff I want to try. I'll probably be starting off with some kind of generic alarm system based on a sensor that should be capable of reporting things via SMS, stating the location and then doing things based on what the other number does, ie. recieve SMS to take pictures and save them, recieve and end call to set off a siren, maybe call to listen in or view real time video etc.
                  I've been wanting to get into Arduino for sooo long, finally found some time to start learning. But that shield is what made me really want to pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                    The shield above the Uno is GPS/GSM/HSPA + audio/video and MicroSD.
                    So there's tons of stuff I want to try. I'll probably be starting off with some kind of generic alarm system based on a sensor that should be capable of reporting things via SMS, stating the location and then doing things based on what the other number does, ie. recieve SMS to take pictures and save them, recieve and end call to set off a siren, maybe call to listen in or view real time video etc.
                    I've been wanting to get into Arduino for sooo long, finally found some time to start learning. But that shield is what made me really want to pull the trigger.
                    Awesome, yeah that shield opens up a lot of options. I have a buddy that is an uber Raspberry Pi dude, he keeps trying to lure me to that side. Honestly at this point I don't have time for either, by the time I do I imagine there will be some pretty amazing possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Mesarina View Post
                      can't wait...

SUPERCHARGED and TURBOCHARGED?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

For the KTM since my stator went out and my case cover was cracked.

And some fork stickers

Comment

I really like to buy BIG things.

2wd Chassis Dyno. It will be getting new electronics. Rated to hold 750hp
                          www.classicdaily.net
                          1970 m42 swapped 2002
                          1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                          https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
                            I really like to buy BIG things.

2wd Chassis Dyno. It will be getting new electronics. Rated to hold 750hp
                            I think you win this thread.

Comment

If thats going in a home garage i think win. Having a personal dyno would be epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                              DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

It's going in my shop but still be be available to me at any time. Lots of cool tunes and e30 products will come from it.
                                www.classicdaily.net
                                1970 m42 swapped 2002
                                1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                                https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Working...
                                X