Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post

What leasing company did you ship with, and what was the port of export?
    NZS WORLDWIDE INC.61 AIRPORT BLVD SUITE A, sorry I don't have the papers here right now to know the port of export

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
      Thanks for the youtube. I had no idea that you could do that at home with such results, all by hand. I assumed you'd screw up the angle. Nice.

What does a more acute angle vs a more larger angle do for a knife?
      the greater the angle the greater the durability of the edge, but the trade off is a less sharp edge. With the greater angle you have more metal near the cutting edge supporting it so it is more durable but in doing so its not as fine, or thin at the acctual cutting surface. A really large angle 25* plus is good for a survival utility knife that your are going to chopping with, or use on things you would not really want to use a knife on like digging for something in the ground, or cutting wire, things like that. Not a bad edge for a general pocket knife that your not going to maitain much and dont want to hesitate to use it in ANY situation ( I normally have 2 knives on me a good one and one for abuse)

A fine edge will be much "sharper" and cut things better but will not take much abuse, lightly pull the edge over something hard (a plate) while cutting a steak and you can a lot of the time see where you will have rolled your edge over and see a "flat spot" where you did that, when you look at the edge straight on. This is where the old saying a dull knife is a dangerous knife comes in, and why I dont really like a bevel over 20* on most daily use blades as it takes more force to do a job due the geometry of the angle on the blade.

If you have ever cut your self with a large angle knife you can feel the edge more ripping and tearing, it feels kind of rough as it does its work along your thumb, even if its been recently sharpened. A good kitchen knife or razor blade on the other hand (with a bevel down around 12-15*) you might not even notice you have cut your self for a bit, or you will just feel that burring sensation with out as much of ripping and tearing and it will just glide and slice your thumb all to hell. I nearly took off the end of my pointer finger just behind the nail with a dressing knife while dressing out a deer as a kid, didnt even feel it, till I was nearly done, could not figure out where all the blood kept coming from on my left hand after I would clean them off.

This is just the very basic of it, with out getting into stropping, compound bevels, honing, blade geometry, Hollow grinds, Alloy of the steel that the blade or edge is made up of ect. You really want to confuse your self look up the convex grind. I have yet to try it out, but it seems like a very good way to combine the best of both worlds and a fairly easy edge to maintain for a guy with out lots of time or equipment.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Mesarina View Post
        I can't be more happy

you lucky bitch. I've been saving for the year to get an sn95. I would love to get my hands on a terminator but I can't resist the exterior of the sn95. The interior of the terminator, though, is 10x's better.
        Originally posted by Wh33lhop
        This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

And

Comment

Red46 plate? I've been meaning to get a stud kit for the longest time, my Mini came with one and it made things so easy.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
              Red46 plate? I've been meaning to get a stud kit for the longest time, my Mini came with one and it made things so easy.
              Yep, Red46 plate. I smashed my oil pan the day I got low. I really didn't have a choice.

I'm hoping studs make it easy. I hate not having them.

Comment

^They will.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                  what skidplate is this? i'm in the market for one.

1991 325i
                  flickr
                  @sambhaskins

Comment

Originally posted by smhskns View Post
                    what skidplate is this? i'm in the market for one.

Comment

How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                          sorry, saw you told someone up there right after i posted the reply :?:?:?

1991 325i
                          flickr
                          @sambhaskins

Comment

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
                            you lucky bitch. I've been saving for the year to get an sn95. I would love to get my hands on a terminator but I can't resist the exterior of the sn95. The interior of the terminator, though, is 10x's better.
                            I love the sn95, this was my first cobra, but my father had an accident on it, just material losses...

Comment

Originally posted by Mesarina View Post
                              I love the sn95, this was my first cobra, but my father had an accident on it, just material losses...

Damn that sucks. This was my cobra. I bought it when I was 19 after crashing my Tiburon. And no, mommy and daddy did not help lol. The '98 cobra was always my favorite car since I was 12 and I was overly ecstatic when I found it.
                              1998 cobra pearl white, black leather interior, flowmaster 40's, steeda tri-ax shifter, eibach lower springs, y2k chrome 18's.
                              Yes this is the actual odo after I drove it 300 miles form Michigan back to my home in Indiana.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	cobra 1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	7169433

Name:	cobra inteiror.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	7169434

Name:	cobra odo.jpg
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	7169435

Name:	cobra white.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	7169436
                              I ended up having to sell it to fund my move to Arizona. It had the y2k hood on it which made the front in look like a f*cking beast.
                              Not mine but an example of the hood.

Name:	cobra y2k.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	7169437
                              Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                              This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3
                                I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                                2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                                1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                                1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                                2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                                2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                                2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                                2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                                2010 F650gs twin
                                2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Working...
                                X