Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thug Life Volume One on Tape Cassette

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Just bought another watch....I dated the movement on this one to 1946. Note the radium burn on the dial above the 6 o'clock position - it's obvious that this one sat for some time.

"We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Comment

Turf1600, do you restore the watches or just wear them as is?
          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
            Turf1600, do you restore the watches or just wear them as is?
            If the watches require very little I'll service the movements myself. I can repair mainsprings, hairsprings and balance staffs in addition to performing routine lubrication. If it is too much for me I'll send it off for repair - as I had to do with the movado that I posted a week or 2 ago. It has a problem that I couldn't diagnose. I never refinish dials, hands or cases - though. I like to preserve the orig. patina.
            "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
              If the watches require very little I'll service the movements myself. I can repair mainsprings, hairsprings and balance staffs in addition to performing routine lubrication. If it is too much for me I'll send it off for repair - as I had to do with the movado that I posted a week or 2 ago. It has a problem that I couldn't diagnose. I never refinish dials, hands or cases - though. I like to preserve the orig. patina.
              Very nice little collection of watches you have. What would you say is the average you are spending on such watches?

My latest purchase

Last edited by Vedubin01; 08-20-2012, 04:45 PM.
              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                My most recent purchase, excluding the gasoline for it. 1999 GMC RV (rape van). She's a champ.

Got it home and gutted it. Someone had installed a toilet system at some point. It was pretty well done but it took up 2/3 of the cargo area. The other 1/3 was a pull-out bed that was absolutely soaked with urine, so it all had to go. Emptied out she's massive and has turned out to be quite an awesome cargo van. I get all sorts of looks with my aviators and unabomber hat on.

The running boards will be pulled off momentarily.

Excuse the terrible picture.

^
                Dude I'm envious

I want something like that to throw my bicycle in and park anywhere, who cars about people bumping into it in a parking lot,
                Way better than a pickup because you can haul shit in the rain
                Man with a Van does big things hahaha
                We're out there in here.

Comment

Very nice little collection of watches you have. What would you say is the average you are spending on such watches?

My latest purchase

Details?

How do you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
                    Man with a Van does big things hahaha
                    But grade schoolers aren't that big?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Picked up this:

For my 4013tsw, should be here in a few days.
                      No E30 Club
                      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Finally will be able to track it faster and harder

Comment

^ Those look like my toyo R1Rs
                          ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
                          Originally posted by blunttech
                          I need you to exfoliate my ballsack
                          Build Thread?

Comment

Yes'r. How do you like them? Not much info on r3v.
                            I was going to get r888, but the price went up almost 50% since last year so I settled for R1R. I read they're very similar.
                            Can't wait to hit the track in a couple weeks.

Comment

Between $10 and $200 typically...the Movado that I posted was ~$96 but I'm expecting $200 in repairs. I got a steal on that Bulova at ~$35 - but I'll only know whether or not I got a good deal when it arrives. I could easily have $250 into it by the time I get to wear it.

Several of the watches that I've purchased have turned out to be absolute crap upon arrival - but that's to be expected when you bargain hunt for 60+ year old watches on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                                Finally will be able to track it faster and harder

Let me know how you like those R1R's. I'm running them too and I think they are amazing so far. compared to the maxxis that were on there before it's a night and day difference.

Originally posted by blunttech
                                Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Working...
                                X