No announcement yet.

Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to have a short bed 4 door 96 powerstroke. With a 5 speed. It was a damn good truck. Sometimes i would hit 20 mpg. I really like the oem aluminum lariat wheels from that year.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      I used to have a short bed 4 door 96 powerstroke. With a 5 speed. It was a damn good truck. Sometimes i would hit 20 mpg. I really like the oem aluminum lariat wheels from that year.

Yea it is one hell of a nice truck. We got it Thursday and drove it out to Ohio to pick up a bed/cap and back seat full of action items, around 1,000 miles on it in 3 days, lol. It doesnt even smoke when it starts up which is very surprising. We got an average of 19 mpg with the 4.10 open differential. He is thinking about a slight tire size increase or put a 3.73 differential in it. Its rated to pull 10,000 lbs right now.

Winter plans are to remove the bed and sand blast the rear half of the frame and recoat it, then fix any dings and dents then repaint or similar. The interior is almost spotless except for the dash, 1 small crack and the gray is rubbing off (will be replaced with a black one at some point).

Feedback Thread

Comment

Just picked this up for school. i7 6500u, GTX 960m, 8GB DDR4 (with a slot for another 8GB), 750GB HDD, 256GB SSD, 15.6in 1080p monitor, 4.41LBs.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
        Originally posted by Northern
        beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
        Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
        Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
        '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
        Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by 88BlackS-ETA View Post
          Yea it is one hell of a nice truck. We got it Thursday and drove it out to Ohio to pick up a bed/cap and back seat full of action items, around 1,000 miles on it in 3 days, lol. It doesnt even smoke when it starts up which is very surprising. We got an average of 19 mpg with the 4.10 open differential. He is thinking about a slight tire size increase or put a 3.73 differential in it. Its rated to pull 10,000 lbs right now.

Winter plans are to remove the bed and sand blast the rear half of the frame and recoat it, then fix any dings and dents then repaint or similar. The interior is almost spotless except for the dash, 1 small crack and the gray is rubbing off (will be replaced with a black one at some point).
          If it doesnt smoke, then aomeone already replaced the injector seals. I did them on mine. That job was a pain in the dick.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

An SSD *and* a big(ish) HD, *and* an i7 - that should serve you well.

-------------

I researched pressure washers for a while, and went back and forth on electric or gas.

On one hand, electric is easy, but low flow and pressure. Gas is powerful(enough to do damage), but expensive and more maintenance..

My needs were to clean the siding on my house, and if it survived that, as a part of "coin operated car wash" at home. So got this with a 3 year extended warranty. Only 1600 PSi, and like 1.2 GPM.

Works good. It won't take the paint off your car like a gas model could. It will strip old paint off of wood though - so that's nice. The foam bottle that comes with it is worthless. So I'll upgrade to a "foam cannon". All I need now is a foaming brush adapter to it.

The goal is to avoid the $10 I pay at a DIY car wash, ans so it will be at my driveway anytime I need it.

If you haven't see a "foam cannon" - be sure to check out the vid. It's like the Ron Jeremy of suds.

NOT MY CAR - some random interwebs video.....Skip to 0:20

Last edited by george graves; 08-29-2016, 03:38 AM.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
              An SSD *and* a big(ish) HD, *and* an i7 - that should serve you well.

-------------

I researched pressure washers for a while, and went back and forth on electric or gas.

On one hand, electric is easy, but low flow and pressure. Gas is powerful(enough to do damage), but expensive and more maintenance..

My needs were to clean the siding on my house, and if it survived that, as a part of "coin operated car wash" at home. So got this with a 3 year extended warranty. Only 1600 PSi, and like 1.2 GPM.

Works good. It won't take the paint off your car like a gas model could. It will strip old paint off of wood though - so that's nice. The foam bottle that comes with it is worthless. So I'll upgrade to a "foam cannon". All I need now is a foaming brush adapter to it.

The goal is to avoid the $10 I pay at a DIY car wash, ans so it will be at my driveway anytime I need it.

If you haven't see a "foam cannon" - be sure to check out the vid. It's like the Ron Jeremy of suds.

NOT MY CAR - some random interwebs video.....Skip to 0:20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
              My thoughts exactly. Plus being an engineering student, I needed something I could take to class, but was powerful enough to run all of our programs. And honestly, the HDD isn't really that big of an issue. If I have space issues, I'll just grab a 2TB drive an throw it in my desktop, drop everything on it.

how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

I really need a new lap top, been eyeing one of the standard sized ROG's I love my wifes 751 rog, but its just too big to fit in a backpack to travel with
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  I really need a new lap top, been eyeing one of the standard sized ROG's I love my wifes 751 rog, but its just too big to fit in a backpack to travel with
                  Yea, the ROGs are nice buy clunky. I'm going to use this for school, so something sleek and lightweight is definitely required. Which is why I chose that Asus, it's like an inch thick and weighs under 4 and a half pounds. Plus with all that horsepower the hardware has, it's hard to beat, considering what I paid for it.

Comment

She's in pretty good shape. Needs a few small things but the price was way too good to pass up and the wife loves her even though she can't drive a manual yet.
                    Attached Files
                    2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

318ti is the only good E36.

Bought some kitchen stuff, but far and away the best bit was the vegetable peeler. Easily the very best peeler I've ever used.

https://www.amazon.com/Linden-Sweden.../dp/B00176JEY4

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                          318ti is the only good E36.

Bought some kitchen stuff, but far and away the best bit was the vegetable peeler. Easily the very best peeler I've ever used.

https://www.amazon.com/Linden-Sweden.../dp/B00176JEY4
                          Is it comfortable to use? the handle seems so minimal

as per rules
                          88 325is Five Speed
                          Lachssilber

Comment

my mom had that peeler growing up. as a result, i bought an ergonomic oxxo with the big rubber handle.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

^
                              as did mine, both my grandmas, aunts, great aunt, and nearly everyone I knew mother had one of those. Hell I am fairly sure we still have one in the drawer someplace, as back up to the xoxo one my wife has as well. I just always use a knife myself (less dishes to do that way ) anyway

Rules: Since I finally got my shipping notices 30 min ago form a group buy my new roof rack is on the way. Pic poached from makers website

Not as fun a set of rear wheel bearings and seals for the stupid thing too.
                              Last edited by mrsleeve; 08-30-2016, 08:33 PM.
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

There's this little things called a "garage sale". I *highly* recommend you all check them out. The best ones are little old ladies that are selling off her late husbands tools. You'll find the *best* hand tools and wood working tools you'll ever buy. There is nothing better then a metal file from the 1960's or later. Old tools are often superior in every way. (maybe not ratchet wrenches, but everything else) - but for things like band saws, and drill presses, that's the way to go. Or even carrot peelers.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I picked up a HF air compressor for $15 this weekend at a garage sale. Just the little 3 gallon unit. It's worthless for anything other then a brad nailer. I bought it cause I was tired of buying cans of compressed air to clean circuit boards. Score!

Originally posted by Matt-B
                                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                                X