No announcement yet.

Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an old Rollei tlr. It's pretty lovely. I also have a Zeiss super ikonta III. It's a 6x6 folding rangefinder from the 50's. Pictures are pretty close to the rollei, but the camera is so much smaller and easy to carry.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

should I buy a 5d mk i for $200? has like 50k shutter actuations and comes with a 50mm 1.8

1991 325i
      flickr
      @sambhaskins

Comment

well, the technology is pretty old. i think they are up to mk5 now days. the price is cheap. the 50mm isn't very useful. you will soon want a zoom lens. i can't remember if that camera is full frame or crop sensor. if its full frame, the lenses are going to be relatively pricey.

i don't know your budget but if you can afford the latest iteration of the rebel with a 18-250 sigma zoom, you would probably be a lot better off.

if you go this route, don't waste your money on a "kit". the lenses are shit. buy the one i mentioned above.

b
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

for my m3

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post

(Pic stolen from the web)

Just ordered an Asus MG248Q 24" monitor. 1080p, 144hz, and got it on sale at Newegg for over 30% off.
            I'm currently using that monitor. It's pretty nice.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by sam_ View Post
              should I buy a 5d mk i for $200? has like 50k shutter actuations and comes with a 50mm 1.8
              The 5d was was fantastic when it was launched nearly a decade ago. A game changer in pricing for a Full Frame unit that the average strong enthusiasts could afford if they really wanted one. You can still take some really great photos with it, in very good lighting and if you are conscious of its limitations. Even at 12.3mp you can get some very great rsults with the right glass, and choice in technique, I get some fantastic shots with a 16.mp Olympus, but its got much newer tech in it. I highly doubt your going to like you results for hand held shooting in low light, as its very very old senor tech that gets very noise with ISO settings over 200. When compared to a modern cell phone in this arena you will likely think your Iphone takes better snaps. The 50, if its a a MKI and has the metal mount, you can resell that for about 2/3s of the package asking price, if its a MKII, a plastic fantastic you can buy those brand new all day long for about 120 bucks.

All this said for 200 for a decent turn key package FF set up, is not bad. But I am with flyboy, and for a little more money get a decent used "d" series mid level body and a 1 GOOD general purpose zoom lens, 3rd party can be good if you do your research. Something like a 60D canon for 400ish and do some looking and you can find a clean used 24-105 F4 canon L lens for about 350-450, and eventually a non-L 28 or 35mm f2.8 or F1.8, or a 50mm F1.4 to get one versatile Fast prime ( I would stick with the 28 or 35mm I have 50 F1.4 that hardly comes out of the bag). That will give something you can get fantastic results with, learn with, and grow into. Develop you style and figure out what you like to shoot and figure out where you need to upgrade, GLASS. NEVER SKIMP ON GLASS, GLASS is what gets your image to the sensor, if have a Decent sensor with great glass in front of it, you will get better results than with a latest and greatest body, with a mediocre glass in front of it. On this note if you start using filters ( I suggest a CPL circular Polarizer if you plan on shooting out side or cars a lot) spend the money on the GOOD filters since if you put a 20 dollar filter on the front of a 2000 dollar lens you have reduced the quality of your image to the 20 dollar filters quality level . This said you dont have to buy all L glass or Pro glass, you just have to be selective about what you chose and it needs to be something of good quality.
              Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-19-2017, 07:55 AM.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                well, the technology is pretty old. i think they are up to mk5 now days. the price is cheap. the 50mm isn't very useful. you will soon want a zoom lens. i can't remember if that camera is full frame or crop sensor. if its full frame, the lenses are going to be relatively pricey.

i don't know your budget but if you can afford the latest iteration of the rebel with a 18-250 sigma zoom, you would probably be a lot better off.

if you go this route, don't waste your money on a "kit". the lenses are shit. buy the one i mentioned above.

b
                i have a 1300D right now (aps-c) I definitely can't afford the newer models but for $200 it doesn't seem too bad for a full frame.

i might just be better off saving up for a mk iii or dare i say mk iv

1991 325i
                flickr
                @sambhaskins

Comment

5dMk II would be a far better option or if you dont need supper great A/F get a gently used 6D I love my 6D, low light performance is better than the 5d3 but has crippled basic A/F with the center point being the only cross type. But its awesome for what I got it for, landscapes and night time shooting mostly
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    The 5d was was fantastic when it was launched nearly a decade ago. A game changer in pricing for a Full Frame unit that the average strong enthusiasts could afford if they really wanted one. You can still take some really great photos with it, in very good lighting and if you are conscious of its limitations. Even at 12.3mp you can get some very great rsults with the right glass, and choice in technique, I get some fantastic shots with a 16.mp Olympus, but its got much newer tech in it. I highly doubt your going to like you results for hand held shooting in low light, as its very very old senor tech that gets very noise with ISO settings over 200. When compared to a modern cell phone in this arena you will likely think your Iphone takes better snaps. The 50, if its a a MKI and has the metal mount, you can resell that for about 2/3s of the package asking price, if its a MKII, a plastic fantastic you can buy those brand new all day long for about 120 bucks.

All this said for 200 for a decent turn key package FF set up, is not bad. But I am with flyboy, and for a little more money get a decent used "d" series mid level body and a 1 GOOD general purpose zoom lens, 3rd party can be good if you do your research. Something like a 60D canon for 400ish and do some looking and you can find a clean used 24-105 F4 canon L lens for about 350-450, and eventually a non-L 28 or 35mm f2.8 or F1.8, or a 50mm F1.4 to get one versatile Fast prime ( I would stick with the 28 or 35mm I have 50 F1.4 that hardly comes out of the bag). That will give something you can get fantastic results with, learn with, and grow into. Develop you style and figure out what you like to shoot and figure out where you need to upgrade, GLASS. NEVER SKIMP ON GLASS, GLASS is what gets your image to the sensor, if have a Decent sensor with great glass in front of it, you will get better results than with a latest and greatest body, with a mediocre glass in front of it. On this note if you start using filters ( I suggest a CPL circular Polarizer if you plan on shooting out side or cars a lot) spend the money on the GOOD filters since if you put a 20 dollar filter on the front of a 2000 dollar lens you have reduced the quality of your image to the 20 dollar filters quality level . This said you dont have to buy all L glass or Pro glass, you just have to be selective about what you chose and it needs to be something of good quality.
                    didn't see this when you posted it. thanks a lot! tons of useful info in that!

1991 325i
                    flickr
                    @sambhaskins

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      5dMk II would be a far better option or if you dont need supper great A/F get a gently used 6D I love my 6D, low light performance is better than the 5d3 but has crippled basic A/F with the center point being the only cross type. But its awesome for what I got it for, landscapes and night time shooting mostly
                      think i'm just gonna save up for a 6D

1991 325i
                      flickr
                      @sambhaskins

Comment

Originally posted by sam_ View Post
                        i have a 1300D right now (aps-c) I definitely can't afford the newer models but for $200 it doesn't seem too bad for a full frame.

i might just be better off saving up for a mk iii or dare i say mk iv
                        What are your goals? Why do you want to upgrade your crop sensor camera?

I used it shoot professionally but these days I only carry an sl1, a sigma 18-250 and the canon 10-18. The reason why I chose these pieces to my kit is because they are the smallest lightest quality gear I could buy at any price. A huge factor in my decision making was that I needed to be able to Tote it around all day without being too annoyed.

When canon upgrades the sl1 body, I will buy the latest greatest just because I want the most up to date low light sensor I can get in a small package.

Personally, if my only choice was a full frame camera and heavy ass L lenses, I would probably never carry or use my camera in the first place. I'm not telling you that you shouldn't upgrade, I'm just saying that depending on your needs, you should think pretty seriously about size and weight.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Score of the day. Got it for 50 bucks

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                            Score of the day. Got it for 50 bucks

What is that?
                            BMW tech
                            Umass Amherst
                            05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
                              What is that?

Center console vent for euro cars with no AC

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Went and did this. 50's Ford. Silly enough I'm still trying to pin down the exact model.
                                Either way it will definitely run a 5' bush hog rotary cutter.

Last edited by Restoman; 03-22-2017, 07:40 PM. Reason: wrong pic
                                i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Working...
                                X