No announcement yet.

Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an early 99 F250 with the 7.3, best truck I've ever owned, you'll love that thing.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
    HSAX Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      damn! nice truck! i see you had the foresight to get an older 7.3. looks like it probably has low miles? has it had the tranny redone?

i'm still rollin' in my 99 f350 single rear wheel. I've had it 12 years now
      Only has 73k on it. Its all original from what I gather as far as the drive line goes. Are the tranny's the issue in these?

Originally posted by akorcovelos View Post
      I have an early 99 F250 with the 7.3, best truck I've ever owned, you'll love that thing.

This truck is so much fun to drive. Its hilarious driving in my neighborhood any on coming traffic has to take the curb its just like scuse me coming through. It sits so damn high up too I pulled up next to a lifted newer chevy 1500 and i was higher then him haha.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        Only has 73k on it. Its all original from what I gather as far as the drive line goes. Are the tranny's the issue in these.
        Damn son! How the hell did you find a 15 year old diesel truck with 73k????

The trans (4r700 iirc)gets a bad rap, but in my experience, there are two things that will come together eventually causing a perfect storm and a huge headache.

First of all, take a good look at the trans cooler in front of your intercooler. If it has about 13ish (about 6" tall)rows and inlet and outlet orifices at the top, you should get it changed out right away. It will with absolute certainty clog up with little chips from the vanes in your torque converter. (We will get to that in a minute). Get your hands on an automatic trans cooler from a 6 liter. It has about 40 rows(perhaps 15" tall) and orifices on the bottom so heavy particulates will pass through into the pan instead of staying in the bottom of the heat exchanger. It will bolt up to your truck without modification. You will have to get a litttle creative with the hoses and fittings.

Torque converter. Bad factory design by ford. The vanes are weak and will under heavy load, eventually break loose on the inside. They will start grinding together causing the particulates I mentioned above. I had to replace mine with an aftermarket dayco. If you keep your truck long enough, you will eventually do the same. Whatever you do, don't go back with an oem ford converter. To my knowledge, they have never improved them.

Pull the pan off the bottom of your trans and see if it is full of metal chips. If it is, you know you are in for a headache soon. Replace your fluid with full synthetic. I think it takes about 3 gallons.

Finally, my 99 didn't come with a trans temp gauge. I would highly reccomend installing one. The front input seal is quite soft. Once the trans reaches about 220 degrees f, that seal will soften causing all your fluid to shoot out the front of the trans. This is, believe it or not, preferable to overheating and smoking the inside of your trans.

If you have more questions, shoot me a pm. I'll respond with my phone number.

Brian
        Last edited by flyboyx; 08-14-2017, 07:25 PM.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

^bromance <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            ^bromance <3

It's not like that!!!! The musky scent of man love is a beautiful thing!
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

I appreciate all bromances. Not going to lie, I'm a little jealous of what's happening here.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

It was bromance at first sight lmao

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

You two need to

A) get a room.
                  B) Don't be one of those d-bag construction guies that thinks its cool to let your diesel run when parked. No one wants to hear that ping-pong of a motor idle all day long.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                    You two need to

A) get a room.
                    B) Don't be one of those d-bag construction guies that thinks its cool to let your diesel run when parked. No one wants to hear that ping-pong of a motor idle all day long.
                    Why u gais gotta make it sound so cheap? What we have is fo reelz!;D
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

You two need to

A) get a room.

Hey some of us "construction guys" have equipment that needs to stay powered all day, and thus have to leave them run all day or the batteries are flat in 10 or 20 mins.
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Trans is a 4r100, +1 on the 6.0 trans cooler and a set of gauges. Even well taken care of units will likely only last 150k miles in stock form. For about $1600 you can get a rebuild with a tugger shift kit and a billet triple disk converter that will make the trans bullet proof up to about 500hp/1000 lb/ft.

73k is pretty young, but common issues with these trucks is front ends wearing out, rusty oil pans (need to either pull the engine or cut the cross member to replace), and weak transmissions. Address those and you'll have a truck that will last forever and do whatever you ask it to.

If you have an Android device you can get Torque Pro and a OBD Bluetooth adapter and see all factory parameters through digital gauges with a set of custom PIDs. A normal code reader will not work on the 7.3, so this is the best option for troubleshooting and understanding the health of the engine.

Hit me up if you have questions.

Here is my pig.

HSAX Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                          Why u gais gotta make it sound so cheap? What we have is fo reelz!;D

You two need to

A) get a room.

this ain't some motel 6 relationship

Trans is a 4r100, +1 on the 6.0 trans cooler and a set of gauges. Even well taken care of units will likely only last 150k miles in stock form. For about $1600 you can get a rebuild with a tugger shift kit and a billet triple disk converter that will make the trans bullet proof up to about 500hp/1000 lb/ft.

73k is pretty young, but common issues with these trucks is front ends wearing out, rusty oil pans (need to either pull the engine or cut the cross member to replace), and weak transmissions. Address those and you'll have a truck that will last forever and do whatever you ask it to.

If you have an Android device you can get Torque Pro and a OBD Bluetooth adapter and see all factory parameters through digital gauges with a set of custom PIDs. A normal code reader will not work on the 7.3, so this is the best option for troubleshooting and understanding the health of the engine.

Hit me up if you have questions.

Here is my pig.

Truck looks good man. You can guarantee that with me it will get tinkered with. Now I got cars and truck to tinker with I'm gonna be broke forever lmao. My grandpa put 3 grand into the front end about a year ago so its probably got maybe 2000 miles on the new front end give the rate in which is was driven. I will be looking into the trans kits it will likely need it soon just cause this thing has 73k but only 10k-15k are probably non hauling miles the rest of them it had a 5th wheel hooked to it. Kinda sucks the 7.3 is a bullet proof engine but the trans is not so bullet proof haha.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Now I got cars and truck to tinker with I'm gonna be broke forever lmao.
                            The struggle is real man, lol.

HSAX Instructor

Comment

The struggle is real man, lol.

First world problems lol

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Konis, Lemforder stuff, urethane UCABs, RF window regulator, brake hoses, lower headlight trim strips and disgustingly expensive front lower splash shields for the E39 M5. I don't think it needs anything else for now. Hope not anyway.

'88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Working...
                                X