Only intensifies my hate for Prius drivers/owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
    dang dude. Well, you have the police statement and the pictures, so I am not sure why the dad is attempting to dispute.
    Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
    Just picture, officer said he couldnt create a report on it. I am calling the police department so I can get his Name and badge number to use as a witness.

Edit;
    I now have the officer and badge number as a witness if need be.
    Same cop who did not even write her a ticket for being illegally parked in a red zone??

Same cop who refused to create a report on it?

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
    She did say she didn't see the cars touching when she left and that she was late, but then again, its a red zone no parking zone she parked in. So in my opinion she is liable for whatever happens because she isn't suppose to park there anyway.

It shows negligence.
    Doesn't show much if the responding cop did not cite her for being illegally parked in a red zone. No citation, no proven neglect or infraction.

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
    ^^^ dude he has a police officer as a witness, that's all i'll say.
    Witness to what, he did not witness shit, not only did he not witness her actually in the act parking up against his bumper, he did not cite her for being illegally parked, and in addition to further insult he refused to even create a police report.

The cop is a moot point and will be of no use in the insurance argument.

Also the insurance company will go with the cheapest place to fix the bumper and it will be sanded down, color matched and resprayed. They will most likely not remove the bumper, do crappy repair work and use crappy paint and within 2 years it will start flaking off.

After reading all of this I will offer up my own personal version of what I would have done.

I would have pulled forward, when I realized there was the most minor of damage I would have then simply popped the trunk, grabbed a screw driver and removed both her license plates and threw them in the trunk and drove away.

Done.

She probably would not have even known they where missing until she got pulled over. Then she would have had to go through the hassle of going to the DMV and getting new plates issued. Make her go through the hassle.

The damage to your BMW was super minor, no its not right but what you have done is create nothing but a bunch of free hassle for yourself and the repair you wish for will probably end up being a sub par crappy insurance job so what the hell is the point of the exercise.

Do you really think this gal gives a flying fuck about her insurance? Do you really think her rates will go up? Just about every insurance company offers 'accident forgiveness'. Hell her dad will probably end up paying for it as it will be so minor it won't even be out of the deductible.

I certainly hope you get the car repaired and I can't blame you for being upset as I would have been pretty tweaked to, I would have simply handled it my way as I know going down the road your going would have been nothing but free hassle. I got better things to do with the time in my life.

Plus that I have had to deal with the insurance companies to get my E30 repaired when I was rear ended by a old man in a pick up truck. It was such a fucking scam I ended up paying for the repairs on my own.

Insurance companies are not your friends and they do not want to have to pay and if they do have to pay they are going to find the least expensive option.

So after all of this what has the girl been put through??

Nothing. Her car is not damaged. Her daddy defended her, the cop did not write her a ticket and her insurance company will pay the least amount of money possible to fix your car.

What have you had to go through?

Emotional upset at your car being touched by another car. You had to call the cops and lose an hour of your day waiting for them to do what? Write her a ticket? nope, file a report staking your claim, nope.
    You have had to call and take calls from her defensive dad and deal with that.
    You have been on the phone with the insurance company multiple times.
    You have had to wait for insurance adjuster to show only to tell you nothing.
    You even had to call the cop and try to get him on your side which is worthless because he did absolutely nothing in your favor.
    Hours of wasted time posting here on r3v?

See what I mean, Its called Free Hassle and you just had to reach out and grab a big bucket of it for nothing. All of this for some random person in a random car in a random place for a random incident with zero net return. Its just not worth the time.

Just my opinion,
    www.facebook.com/E30motorwerks

Comment

you gotta always roll with a camera now, soon it will be imbeded in us recording 24/7 and we just select what we want to keep at the end of the day.
      "I wanna see da boat movie"
      "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Also the insurance company will go with the cheapest place to fix the bumper and it will be sanded down, color matched and resprayed. They will most likely not remove the bumper, do crappy repair work and use crappy paint and within 2 years it will start flaking off.
        not true my insurance company went to the most exspensive place to replace a convertible top ($1800+) I think they were trying to total the car. I came back with a quote from a local shop at $1300, now they are fixing it with no salvage. WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
        You can always suggest your own shop with insurance.
        "I wanna see da boat movie"
        "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Lol RobertC, you're a fucking idiot. Insurance repairs are usually extremely good and they pay out the ass for them. Just ask.....basically anyone but you. It looks like you had a bad experience, but most insurance jobs are major bank for body shops. And they do it well and iirc they generally offer a lifetime or other extremely good warranty on the repair.

In my experience:
          -Got rear ended at a stop light
          -Very minor damage, similar to OP
          -It was a 1996 Honda accord with other scrapes on the bumper
          -Went through our insurance companies
          -The guy who hit us eventually admitted it
          -Went to the insurance recommended shop
          -They were gonna take the bumper off, fix it, respray the whole thing
          -Quoted like high $600's for the repair
          -Kept the check, sold the car couple weeks later (was gonna sell it anyways)
          I doubt the buyer even noticed the damage.
          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
            Lol RobertC, you're a fucking idiot. Insurance repairs are usually extremely good and they pay out the ass for them. Just ask.....basically anyone but you. It looks like you had a bad experience, but most insurance jobs are major bank for body shops. And they do it well and iirc they generally offer a lifetime or other extremely good warranty on the repair.

In my experience:
            -Got rear ended at a stop light
            -Very minor damage, similar to OP
            -It was a 1996 Honda accord with other scrapes on the bumper
            -Went through our insurance companies
            -The guy who hit us eventually admitted it
            -Went to the insurance recommended shop
            -They were gonna take the bumper off, fix it, respray the whole thing
            Really?

Comment

you're a dick dude

Comment

Originally posted by RobertC View Post

Just my opinion,
                Fixed
                sigpic
                Originally posted by JinormusJ
                Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Why didn't you point out the damage and gloat about the check when the buyer was looking at the car? RUFFLZ would have.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by JinormusJ
                  Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                  1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                  1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                  1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                  1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
                    you're a dick dude
                    How? I don't remember, I may have pointed it out. If I did, he didn't care. It was a beat up old Honda, that tiny ding was nowhere near the worst damage on the car.

And all I was really criticizing about what RobertC said was that insurance jobs do cheap, shitty work, which in my experience and almost everything I've heard about insurance repairs, is not true at all. I agree with him that they can be a major PITA to deal with and can take you for a ride, but i've never personally experienced that (and yes I've dealt with insurance companies before).

@10toes...no clue what you're asking.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

attention whore/retard/bitch/dick

Comment

I fail to see how that's being a dick. If you're selling a car with 40+ dents (I counted one time), peeling clear coat, many scrapes and scratches...do you go around and point out every fucking one?

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I fail to see how that's being a dick. If you're selling a car with 40+ dents (I counted one time), peeling clear coat, many scrapes and scratches...do you go around and point out every fucking one?
                          yes

Comment

Originally posted by RobertC View Post
                            Same cop who did not even write her a ticket for being illegally parked in a red zone??

Same cop who refused to create a report on it?

Doesn't show much if the responding cop did not cite her for being illegally parked in a red zone. No citation, no proven neglect or infraction.

Witness to what, he did not witness shit, not only did he not witness her actually in the act parking up against his bumper, he did not cite her for being illegally parked, and in addition to further insult he refused to even create a police report.

The cop is a moot point and will be of no use in the insurance argument.

After reading all of this I will offer up my own personal version of what I would have done.

I would have pulled forward, when I realized there was the most minor of damage I would have then simply popped the trunk, grabbed a screw driver and removed both her license plates and threw them in the trunk and drove away.

Done.

She probably would not have even known they where missing until she got pulled over. Then she would have had to go through the hassle of going to the DMV and getting new plates issued. Make her go through the hassle.

The damage to your BMW was super minor, no its not right but what you have done is create nothing but a bunch of free hassle for yourself and the repair you wish for will probably end up being a sub par crappy insurance job so what the hell is the point of the exercise.

Do you really think this gal gives a flying fuck about her insurance? Do you really think her rates will go up? Just about every insurance company offers 'accident forgiveness'. Hell her dad will probably end up paying for it as it will be so minor it won't even be out of the deductible.

I certainly hope you get the car repaired and I can't blame you for being upset as I would have been pretty tweaked to, I would have simply handled it my way as I know going down the road your going would have been nothing but free hassle. I got better things to do with the time in my life.

Plus that I have had to deal with the insurance companies to get my E30 repaired when I was rear ended by a old man in a pick up truck. It was such a fucking scam I ended up paying for the repairs on my own.

Insurance companies are not your friends and they do not want to have to pay and if they do have to pay they are going to find the least expensive option.

So after all of this what has the girl been put through??

Nothing. Her car is not damaged. Her daddy defended her, the cop did not write her a ticket and her insurance company will pay the least amount of money possible to fix your car.

What have you had to go through?

Emotional upset at your car being touched by another car. You had to call the cops and lose an hour of your day waiting for them to do what? Write her a ticket? nope, file a report staking your claim, nope.
                            You have had to call and take calls from her defensive dad and deal with that.
                            You have been on the phone with the insurance company multiple times.
                            You have had to wait for insurance adjuster to show only to tell you nothing.
                            You even had to call the cop and try to get him on your side which is worthless because he did absolutely nothing in your favor.
                            Hours of wasted time posting here on r3v?

See what I mean, Its called Free Hassle and you just had to reach out and grab a big bucket of it for nothing. All of this for some random person in a random car in a random place for a random incident with zero net return. Its just not worth the time.

Just my opinion,
                            The cop was in the process of writing the ticket before she came, I did not see if he finished it and gave it to her.

Free hassle? Nope. I am upset that my car is damaged but Ive become a patient person with these things. She is 17, and I know for a fact she did not tell her father what happened until the last hour of the deadline I gave her so you bet she got an ear full of her father yelling at her for being so stupid hence his upset mindset and arrogant tone towards me. I was not upset by the end of that day whatsoever. I made 2 EXTREMELY pleasant phone calls to two EXTREMELY helpful CSRs. I wasn't outside waiting for jack squat, I was in my gf's apartment chillin occasionally watching if the cop came around, even if I missed him he wouldve called, so no complaint at all.

I do not have to go with the insurance companies recommended shop. I can go to my own. They can deal with it. I will gladly draaaaag this claim out to show the girl that things like that will not just go away. I am also glad to post my experience here on r3v to share how it all went down. Shoot for all you and I know this will work out above and beyond my expectations and I come out walking with a smile and peace of mind.

TOO many people do these "minor" bumper incidents and get away without having to deal with it.

To be honest you sound like you would be great pals with the girls father.
                            SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                            IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                            BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Oh yea one more thing, the adjuster had told me one of their recommended shops is a shop that Aston Martin has specifically contracted to fix any damage to their cars. If Aston Martin is willing to hand over their cars to that shop for all repairs, I would trust them as well.

Robert, you are entitled to your opinion and I can respect that but not all opinions are worth expressing. Your post was very pessimistic and I see no point in it whatsoever. I am the one experiencing the issue and I have gone the route I personally wanted to pursue. At this point telling me 'what I should have done' is a moot point. So I would like to politely ask that you do not post in my thread if you do not have words of encouragement or applicable advice.
                              SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                              IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                              BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

I havn't had any issues with insurance companies before, any I have always had a choice of repairer, I have deal with them 4 times.

Just like all things some insurance companies are bad and some are good. Just hope you get the good one.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X