First ride of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First ride of the season

Went up snowboarding for the first time this season, after not going at all last year. The mountain got 8 inches of new snow last night, and when we got there today, NONE of it had been groomed yet. Powder as thick and as soft as buttercream frosting. My board literally floated down the mountain, pushing through like a hot knife through butter.

The weather was very cold and the wind made the day a little miserable, but the runs I had were great, and I got a great feel for the new board. I came home tonight and tweaked around with the board, adjusting the bindings, straps, boots, etc. Next weekend I'll give her a good wax, and be nice and quick for next time up.

Damnit, I wish i was close enough to snow to drive from home and back in a day.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
    RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

I went riding for the first time this season last Thursday, it was a blast. But no nice fluffy powder for me - I'm envious of you.

I hadn't snowboarded in a while, and I started off confident doing things that I was used to and fell on my face pretty hard, it was awesome.

I can't wait to finish school on the 9th, there's lots of snowboarding to be done over the holiday season.
      ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver
        Ha. I live 30 minutes from the resort. It's awesome.

Josh, today was great. The powder was a bit deep in places if you went to far off course, but it everywhere else was perfect. Can't wait until next time.

Comment

Lucky you, I went to Crystal Mountain on Thanksgiving day and there was more ice than powder. Even what looked like fluff would scrape the board. It hadn't snowed there in almost a week, but just as we were leaving it began to snow. Still flippin fun tho

Comment

Well Im on the east coast but I rode for the first time this season on Sunday at Whiteface. They had basically one run from the top of Little Whiteface with a few variations at the bottom but a full 2400 vertical. The conditions were great and lasted all day. No wind made for some of the most comfortable conditions Ive ever had riding as well which was great for the first ride of the season. Hopefully Ill top 40 days this year.
            Last edited by AdironRider; 11-28-2005, 04:06 PM.
            Back to my roots

Comment

Fife whiteface is awsome, i go up there once a year to board/fish. Awsome scenery there all year round.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver
                I'm in boone :) Well that could be bad since there are so many places around its hard to choose ;) I'm takin my board out thurs to ski beech.
                ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

I hope we have another good season up north in Flagstaff. I just got in snowboarding last year and got go up 3 times. It sucks because I live 2 hours or so away from the resort so I'm stuck with going on weekends. I think I am going to take my whole winter break off of work this year so I can go up more often.

Will probablly pick up a board, etc pretty soon. Yay! Another hobby to eat up all my money!! God knows how much I've spent on my E30, paintballing, quads, mountain biking, and rc trucks..

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer
                    I'm in boone :) Well that could be bad since there are so many places around its hard to choose ;) I'm takin my board out thurs to ski beech.
                    Let me know how Beech is, I may be heading there in January with a school group, me and my dad went up there late last season and wern't impressed, long lines, many, many grass spots, and just plain crappy conditions.
                    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Well, for the last 3 days, it's been DUMPING snow on Mt. Bachelor. They went from a 32" base to almost 70" in 3 days, and it's still snowing up there. I'm going up sunday, I don't care how fucked up on pain meds I am (stupid wisdom teeth).

Comment

Working...
                      X