Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you wear when you work on your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you wear when you work on your car?

I'm writing an article on this right now for an auto parts company and it just made me think about what I wear.

I usually wear a pair of cut-off jeans, an old shirt I ripped the sleeves off of, and sandals. Gloves of course. And, lately I've been wearing an old long-sleeve I found to help stay cleaner.

Anyways, it's suggested to wear more protective clothing, especially things like steel-toed boots (people dropping flywheels on their toes), and it made me wonder what other people wear.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Threehz; 08-16-2012, 03:19 PM. Reason: sgafrofsiecnats
    Different strokes for different folks.

Originally posted by Threehz View Post
    I usually wear a pair of cut-off jeans, an old shirt I ripped the sleeves off of, and sandals. Gloves of course. And, lately I've been wearing an old long-sleeve I found to help stay cleaner.
    :giggle:

I just wear a pair of basketball shorts and an old shirt. Unless it's cold then it's jeans and a shitty hoody.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I don't wear gloves.

I do wear an old pair of swim trunks and an old shirt.

Comment

Depends on the season. Temperature ranges from -20 to +35C. Mostly jeans that don't restrict my movement but aren't loose enough to get caught on anything and a t-shirt for warm weather. Board shorts during the summer, more layers during the winter.

I wear cross training/running sneakers for grip, support and comfort.
        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
        Originally posted by mbonanni
        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Oh, I'm also a fan of wearing gloves. Always keep a box of rubber gloves in the car and mechanix type gloves for heavy duty stuff.
          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
          Originally posted by mbonanni
          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

a condom.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
            Sounds like you need a massage.
            Originally posted by kpeng
            Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
              a condom.
              You ain't takin' no risks.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Yeah I always have nitrile gloves on stock, they are incredibly useful so many purposes. Sometimes I wear basketball shorts if I'm just doing something minor.

Joe has a special bond with his muffler, it sounds like the girls he's used to shaggin.
                Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Can't stand those rubber gloves, hands are always drenched in sweat after 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                    Can't stand those rubber gloves, hands are always drenched in sweat after 5 minutes.
                    +1

Fast Orange is your friend.

Comment

Coveralls are an excellent choice if it's not piping hot out.

Otherwise, I go all out. Kevlar vest, knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards, full face goggles and a helmet.
                      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

I still have 10 sets of my old uniform when I was working at a local shop. So I throw that on.
                        Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                        This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

gloves and boots ( i get cold feet from that cold hard concrete floor ... :giggle: )

Comment

Well I sure don't wear sandals.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

jeans, Redwing boots (no steel toe for me), and a work shirt. Plus diamond grip gloves, or mechanix gloves if it's not an oily/greasy job.
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X