• Show
Clear All

So much money.

"hey its me ur brother"
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      That feel when PC boots so fast you cant try out your Ubuntu boot drive cause you cant open bios :(

Think Keyboard is too slow to turn on, so i cant press delete in the 1.5s it takes to boot.
      driverless keyboards ftw

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

That feel when PC boots so fast you cant try out your Ubuntu boot drive cause you cant open bios :(

Think Keyboard is too slow to turn on, so i cant press delete in the 1.5s it takes to boot.
        Isn't there a boot loader or something that gets installed with Ubuntu that loads a screen that you choose from?

I thought that's what I remember installing when I dual booted XP/Unbuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by doorman View Post
          Isn't there a boot loader or something that gets installed with Ubuntu that loads a screen that you choose from?

I thought that's what I remember installing when I dual booted XP/Unbuntu.
          Its not dualboot or yeah it would have an options panel. This is just a USB ISO that I'm going to play with, its a big enough USB to have persistence so itll do for me to get the basics and play with some linux software to decide if I want to actually switch over my desktop. (or dual boot it)
          willschnitz

Comment

Its not dualboot or yeah it would have an options panel. This is just a USB ISO that I'm going to play with, its a big enough USB to have persistence so itll do for me to get the basics and play with some linux software to decide if I want to actually switch over my desktop. (or dual boot it)
            That makes perfect sense now!!

I played with Ubuntu on a CD for a bit before going dual boot.

Comment

Pretty sure that's the epitome of first world problem.

Just disconnect the drive that has your OS installed to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by flyboyx
              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
              Originally posted by Northern
              beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
              Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
              Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
              '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
              Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                Pretty sure that's the epitome of first world problem.

Just disconnect the drive that has your OS installed to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                would probably work, im just gonna go grab an older keyboard from the closet in the ITM lab.
                willschnitz

Comment

Taking a leap over to Skylake soon. Got a steal of a deal on some parts so might as well try it out.

Just picked up a Fractal R4 case for the new build too. Super nice I definitely recommend.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                  DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

I'll probably be doing that soon too next month or two

Comment

I'm probably going to attempt an X99 build in a Define Nano S here in the not so distant future. I love my current build except for the 980. Nvidia's reference coolers are such horse shit. They're so loud and barely show anything for the amount of god damn noise they're making.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                        I'm probably going to attempt an X99 build in a Define Nano S here in the not so distant future. I love my current build except for the 980. Nvidia's reference coolers are such horse shit. They're so loud and barely show anything for the amount of god damn noise they're making.
                        Ill take that annoying 980 off your hands. :P
                        willschnitz

Comment

Ill take that annoying 980 off your hands. :P
                          Hahaha I've been considering buying an aio cooler for it like the Kraken g10 or the EVGA one, if I could find it in stock.

Comment

I really want to find a nice ITX board for a small build, i have no need for a matx board anymore. all the ITX boards just all seem to be for workstations and not overclockable on the boards. any ideas? intel 1150 btw

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
                              I really want to find a nice ITX board for a small build, i have no need for a matx board anymore. all the ITX boards just all seem to be for workstations and not overclockable on the boards. any ideas? intel 1150 btw
                              z87/z97 mini itx boards are only going to get harder and harder to find new with skylake out. I'm sure there are some out there but, at this point, it would probably be better to go skylake and sell off what you have.

Comment

sorry meant 1151

Comment

Working...
                                X