No announcement yet.

Computer thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super cool computers in this thread. Good shit guys.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
      PUBG is one of the hardest games on my PC and I hardly ever drop below 80 frames with all graphics set to max except foliage and shadows.

I’ve been playing a lot of Escape From Tarkov recently, and for how poorly optimized that game is (makes PUBG look buttery smooth), I have very little issues with it other than the server desync.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I have EFT too, Its not poorly optimized by any means, it runs beautifully on my PC. The major issues just tend to be server side Desync like you said.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

i need an ITX build in my life!

Comment

Man you guys have cool shit. I built a non ITX but ITX system recently as I wanted something that fit well in the living room as a bit of a showpiece. I'm happy with it but it's no small system by any stretch.

This is an 8700k manual oc @4.8ghz/1.27v delidded, Strix Z370-i, GTX1080 FTW2, custom loop. Case is a Phanteks Shift X which seems to be a love/hate sort of thing

I'm trying to find a deal on an ITX or at least mATX mobo to thin down my old mid-tower to something NCase M1 sized for the desktop/wife but it isn't looking promising. Used Ivy Bridge Z77 ITX mobos are selling for $200+ which in my mind is fucking absurd.
          1990 332i, 4 door
          2008 KTM 990 Superduke
          2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
          2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
          2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Seriously, cool shit in here.

What a good bump :p
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Varinn View Post
              Man you guys have cool shit. I built a non ITX but ITX system recently as I wanted something that fit well in the living room as a bit of a showpiece. I'm happy with it but it's no small system by any stretch.
              Nice system.

Currently the wife and I run 7 systems here at home. Nothing super fancy, no watercooling. We have 2 decently capable gaming machines for us to game together and then multiple HTPC's for Plex and Kodi duties as well as a media server. We hide most of our systems in cabinets (HTPC cases), behind TV's (NUC) but here is one that I did some light modding to. It's my PC that I use in my parts room that drives 2 32" TV's. One in the parts room with the PC and the other on the other side of the wall in the garage. Use it for looking up parts, YouTube, and the like while working on the cars.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
              GTX 550Ti
              Shitbox case from a comp build in 2008 (painted it white/black and did some carbon wrapping. Also added white LED fan, power/HD LED, and lighting inside).
              12GB of random DDR2
              80GB OCZ Vertex
              120GB 5400RPM 2.5" laptop hard drive
              Intel Socket 775 MoBo
              $15 power supply that I sleeved and shortened cables on with paracord

It's a trashcan PC really, but it serves its purpose well, and doesn't look like garbage so I kind of have a soft spot for it.

"A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
              -----------------------------------------
              91 318is Turbo Sold
              87 325 Daily driver Sold
              06 4.8is X5
              06 Mtec X3
              05 4.4i X5 Sold
              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
              90 325i Sold
              97 328is Sold
              01 323ci Sold
              92 325i Sold
              83 528e Totaled
              98 328i Sold
              93 325i Sold

Comment

Not sure what games you guys play... but Destiny 2 is only $25 on Amazon right now... killer deal for a game that just came out on PC a month ago. Incidentally, that's the price for all systems, so if you are a console guy/gal, you can get your deal too!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyboy101 View Post
                  Not sure what games you guys play... but Destiny 2 is only $25 on Amazon right now... killer deal for a game that just came out on PC a month ago. Incidentally, that's the price for all systems, so if you are a console guy/gal, you can get your deal too!
                  Thanks for the heads up. I've been meaning to play that.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

You young'uns talking about high memory prices made me laugh. At my first real tech job memory was $1 per MEGABYTE for PC100 - and that was the reseller cost.
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

what games are you playing with that gtx 550ti? TETRIS?

just kidding

I'm rocking a gtx 560m 3gb in my Asus that I play SC2 on
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                        You young'uns talking about high memory prices made me laugh. At my first real tech job memory was $1 per MEGABYTE for PC100 - and that was the reseller cost.
                        The difference here is there isnt a supply issue and the tech isnt bleeding edge, they are just price fixing.
                        willschnitz

Comment

I just got a new laptop. My PhD advisor actually bought it for me, relatively painfree convincing too.

HP 2 in 1 touch screen with i7-7500U, 16GB RAM, 1 TB memory. Should be more than enough for the Lightroom Photoshop I use along with the bioinformatics that I will be getting into over the next couple months.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Rip not Ryzen Mobile.

The new Ryzen mobile APU is actually a ridiculous beast.
                            willschnitz

Comment

If anyone wants to play Rainbow 6 Siege or Escape from Tarkov, WOW, etc feel free to add me.

Steam: 'Rohki' or 'Liechengsos'
                              Uplay: 'Rohkii'
                              BNET: 'Rohki#1600'
                              willschnitz

Comment

FYI for any fellow Canadians, NCIX closed up all remaining retail locations and filed for bankruptcy today. It seems the website is still accepting orders but I have real strong doubts that anything is going to get filled. The general impression from some people is that the head office may have locked out all employees as no form of customer service was in action today, including the recently returned lead of the forum.
                                1990 332i, 4 door
                                2008 KTM 990 Superduke
                                2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
                                2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
                                2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Working...
                                X