im moving to Virginia
Collapse
X
-
Well then, I guess I am astonished.
I know where the clean air district is. Its only three counties in NoVA and the localities within those counties. Neither of you live there, and no one is talking about OP moving to rural VA. So what is your point?
Emissions testing or not, there is no reason to remove the single most effective pollution control device on your car for a truly negligible increase in efficiency.
/rantLeave a comment:
-
I have 4 cars registered to a PO Box.I would be utterly shocked if you could register a car to a PO box. Also, FUCK YOU for not running cats. Its such a negligible change in exhaust flow. And I know this because my brother decided it would be cool to gut the cats on his e36. He just ended up with a louder, stankin', piece of shit car.
I'm also gonna call BS because you can get a safety inspection (yearly) anywhere and it isn't tied to emissions testing at all. If you don't pass emissions (2 years) you can't renew you vehicle registration. So what the hell are you talking about?
OP, its actually very easy to pass VA emissions, it's not cali, just an easy sniff test at the standards for 20 year old car. You def. won't pass NOx without a cat though. If your car is more than 25 years old, I believe your exempt from testing anyways.
There is no emissions testing in rural VA.
Take your personal attacks elsewhere asshat.Leave a comment:
-
Get a PO box in another county. Register car through that address. BAM, no more emissions.
We have customers who drive down every year to get their state inspection because the rest of Va is sensible and doesn't do emissions testing. None of my cars have cats, BTW.
I would be utterly shocked if you could register a car to a PO box. Also, FUCK YOU for not running cats. Its such a negligible change in exhaust flow. And I know this because my brother decided it would be cool to gut the cats on his e36. He just ended up with a louder, stankin', piece of shit car.
I'm also gonna call BS because you can get a safety inspection (yearly) anywhere and it isn't tied to emissions testing at all. If you don't pass emissions (2 years) you can't renew you vehicle registration. So what the hell are you talking about?
OP, its actually very easy to pass VA emissions, it's not cali, just an easy sniff test at the standards for 20 year old car. You def. won't pass NOx without a cat though. If your car is more than 25 years old, I believe your exempt from testing anyways.Leave a comment:
-
Get a PO box in another county. Register car through that address. BAM, no more emissions.
We have customers who drive down every year to get their state inspection because the rest of Va is sensible and doesn't do emissions testing. None of my cars have cats, BTW.Leave a comment:
-
I'm not sure if you can pass with a swapped motor, but I know my brother was able to do it with his SR20DET. I think he pretty much just knew the mechanic so he looked the other way about it.
If you need an inspection/emissions, I could at least recommend one guy. He's at a sunoco on lee Highway. Its called "Don's Sunoco service center" or something like that. I was having trouble getting my M20 to pass emissions and he helped out a bit by running my car a little harder on the tests.
I found out about him through my mechanic, Nick Vadala who is one of the owners of London auto. If you need a mechanic I'd recommend his shop. Him and the guy from the sunoco actually got my car to pass my emissions inspection so I was pretty pleased with that. And being a college student he's who I turn to when I have a job thats too big for me to do in my driveway.Leave a comment:
-
is there just smog and a safety inspection ive nvr had to do either what cant u have? i dont have a cat on my car so i know that is a no go and i have a s52 are swapped motors bad there for inspectionLeave a comment:
-
it wont :) but im keeping my residency in Indiana i own a house here so ... ill just be visiting for a long time... and im military gaurd in Indiana so that should helpim 20 and going to college, but i have a kick ass job doing I.T thats why im not moving, i like cali better. its not boring theres stuff to do, you just have to know the right people imo. there clubs, theme parks, parks like mt biking, killer hills for long boarding, car meets, theres summitpoint for racing other auto x events local, redskins.... nats, museums (spy museum pretty bad ass), a good junkyard near by. theres quiet a bit to do if your a outdoors-man.
btw i hope your car can pass emission and state inspection :)Leave a comment:
-
im 20 and going to college, but i have a kick ass job doing I.T thats why im not moving, i like cali better. its not boring theres stuff to do, you just have to know the right people imo. there clubs, theme parks, parks like mt biking, killer hills for long boarding, car meets, theres summitpoint for racing other auto x events local, redskins.... nats, museums (spy museum pretty bad ass), a good junkyard near by. theres quiet a bit to do if your a outdoors-man.
btw i hope your car can pass emission and state inspection :)Leave a comment:
-
damn this is all im getting is negative feedback is it really that bad or is this just all u guys know ... i mean were i live now is just boring and the same old, id like to be closer to more exciting places. and how old are yous out in that area im 26? just curious.Leave a comment:
-
Yay! Another NoVA e30! I'm in Springfield. This whole place sucks btw...Leave a comment:
-
bro, thanks ALOT. i'm putting a few on my calendar for December. You should post this in the Mid-Atlantic section imo.The e30 group meets every friday night in College Park, MD which is on the NE side of DC - about 30mins or so from you. There is another group called Bimmer Alliance that meets a lot during the week in Both Bethesda/Rockville, MD and in Tysons Corner down near you.
There is a Thursday night general car meet in Fairfax that a good number of bmw's go to. Katie's Cars and Coffee meet in Great Falls, VA is awesome but it's early on Saturday mornings.
Bimmer Alliance is a mixed bag of new and old bmw's. The e30 group is split between BA membership - some like it some don't. It's all personal preference. You can request an invite to the Bimmer Alliance group on Facebook, just give me you real name and I'll approve you (I'm one of the admins).Leave a comment:
-
nova sucks....
i would leave but my job is here
always traffic
people really dont know how to drive, i am being serious....
when it rains expect to go to work late...
when its snowing dont go to work even theres half a inch...
when theres a cat 1 hurricane and does no damage jsut leaves every where, expect 3 days off or 2....
some thought my e30 was a Bentley.... and some people think its 50 years old..... then theres people thinking how did that car beat me?! :)
cops are asses here, try to go low key, and they dislike slammed cars and fart cans. So far i have no tickets (knock on wood) I know this because of stories and was a passenger in many japnese made cars....
oh people here think their sti is the shit....Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: