Ah man-my friend has one of those and I hate it. It's kind of annoying to set, it will auto-shut off after like 30 seconds at which point you have to turn it back on and reset the torque, and sometimes it basically crashes and gets hung up so you have to cycle power and reset torque again (in the meantime if you don't notice you have overtorqued whatever you're cranking down on).
Decent price and touted as pretty accurate, so if you're willing to put up with the above qualms (maybe just read the torque instead of setting the alarm every time) it's not a bad deal.
Torque Wrench
Collapse
X
-
I've been really happy with my Brownline
brownlinemetalworks.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, brownlinemetalworks.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
Inexpensive, Digital, easy to read. I like it. Some don't like digital though so its really up to you.Leave a comment:
-
So brands that come up in searches as being good are SK, Proto, and CDI. Sounds like they are probably worth the coin over the craftsman. However, the decision comes down to whether or not it's worth the extra coin again to just get the snapon and call it a day.Leave a comment:
-
I agree a torque angle gauge would probably be a good investment but I still keep a 3/8in drive torque wrench with a lower range as well as my big 1/2 drive one for those high torque apps like crank pully bolts and such craftsman ones work well for me it's more about having them calibrate frequently than how expensive it is to startLeave a comment:
-
I wouldn't spend alot of money on one if your working mostly on BMW stuff. most of the bolts on the newer BMWs are first low torque then to a certain degree.Leave a comment:
-
I was looking at these too recently. I was considering a Kobalt one for about $80 but had no idea if it would be a good investment or not.Leave a comment:
-
Torque Wrench
What torque wrenches do you guys recommend? I'm finding my old craftsman 25-250ft-lb tends to have a range that is a little too high. Probably looking into a 40-200in-lb or 50-250in-lb wrench.
What do you all recommend? Snap-On is awesome, but a little spendy.Tags: None

Leave a comment: