2003 330i terrifying vibrations at 65.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by InuFaye
    Oh hey InuFaye whats that rubbing noise?

    Oh I dunno lets do some donuts in this parking lot and figure it out.



    Oh shit we corded the tires.

    Leave a comment:


  • InuFaye
    replied
    Oh hey InuFaye whats that rubbing noise?

    Oh I dunno lets do some donuts in this parking lot and figure it out.



    Oh shit we corded the tires.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied



    Believe me, the pic doesn't do it justice....

    Obviously looks like I need new rear shocks too. -_-

    Leave a comment:


  • InuFaye
    replied
    Originally posted by ohthejosh
    coffin on wheels
    leave the p38 out of this.

    Leave a comment:


  • ohthejosh
    replied
    coffin on wheels

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by ohthejosh
    I hade a death wobble on the e30, had bent wheel on both sides and feather tires and as well as worn out tie rods.

    Death wobble in rainy season was definitely not fun.
    Trust me, I know the death wobble, coming from e28s. Replaced everything in mine and it still has a little bit under high speed, hard braking.

    Leave a comment:


  • ohthejosh
    replied
    I hade a death wobble on the e30, had bent wheel on both sides and feather tires and as well as worn out tie rods.

    Death wobble in rainy season was definitely not fun.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveNorCal
    Bad tire or not, I say you have "death wobble" going on due to accumulated play in a variety of front end components.
    This. I think the bad tires just made it worse. The front was starting to wander a little.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaveNorCal
    replied
    Bad tire or not, I say you have "death wobble" going on due to accumulated play in a variety of front end components.

    Leave a comment:


  • InuFaye
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    Yessir.

    September 1st.
    lol "labor" day.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851
    Seriously?

    slammin jr is on the way?

    Yessir.

    September 1st.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    IDK. In kinda a pickle with a little one on the way now too.

    Seriously?

    slammin jr is on the way?

    Leave a comment:


  • InuFaye
    replied
    The only solution is to rover.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    What kind of tire was it? Was it balding? To have it just delaminate with tread left is super rare. In all my years I've had zero issues, and I am HARD on tires.
    Some Kumho. I'm kinda pissed 'cause I really wanted to slap them on the M3 and hit the track for a few runs, but nope.

    I'll get a pic. It's fucking bad. Like chunks of tire are missing.

    Car needs an alignment, obviously. It's just on the rear, insides. I want to go through the whole suspension before getting it aligned anyways, so it's gonna sit for a while. She will have to DD her e28. It's all new underneath, including tires. Just a pesky ABS light once you start driving, but no big.

    This, and the Rover needs me to relocate the PS pump, and the M3 needs rear tires. I may just slap tires on the Contours (currently on the 330) and put them on the M3, then sell the CSL reps. I hate 18" wheels.

    IDK. In kinda a pickle with a little one on the way now too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pac1373
    replied
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    What kind of tire was it? Was it balding? To have it just delaminate with tread left is super rare. In all my years I've had zero issues, and I am HARD on tires.
    That's. Where I was at. Odd, but given the number of people saying that was the issue maybe we have just been lucky?
    I cant imagine that though.

    Leave a comment:

Working...