Acceptable and Unacceptable Harbor Freight Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
    Oh wow, never saw this one! I have the grey bucket thingy...
    Dang it. Does yours do a great job of throwing sand?

this one can't throw baking soda well....

Comment

I was considering this one
      Attached Files

Comment

I have their impact sockets, work great.
        Ditto on the impact extensions.
        Impact swivels... Not great. Got craftsman instead.
        Breaker bar was good.
        The 1/2 drive torque wrench... Good. With one caveat,
        You better test them before you buy. I took my old craftsman pointer style with me and went thru three new ones before I found a good HF.
        Have the air chisel, works fine for vibrating apart suspension parts, but the chisels themselves are crap and blunt out in about 10 seconds... Which is actually good for what I use them for.
        Use a 1/2 air impact from them after the new craftsman i bought turned out to be a complete dogpoo that merely leaked air from all over the body.
        Also have a 3/8 air ratchet that works fine for my purposes as a hobbyist.
        Air tools there are CFM and pressure hungry compared to better brands. But if you get 125+ psi behind them, the seem to work ok for occasional hobbyist use.

Comment

http://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-...ier-69623.html

Product Height 6 in.
          Product Length 53-1/2 in.
          Product Width 19-1/2 in.
          OR

http://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-...ier-66983.html

Product Height 4-1/8 in.
          Product Length 55-1/2 in.
          Product Width 19-1/2 in.
          I can't make up my mind. I just need it for the Rover to haul trash cans to the dump. One is 6" tall, but shorter length, the other has shorter sides, but is longer.

God damn I know I'm overthinking this shit.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post

OR

I can't make up my mind. I just need it for the Rover to haul trash cans to the dump. One is 6" tall, but shorter length, the other has shorter sides, but is longer.

Go with whichever will hold more dead bodies.

Or flip a coin.

Or dead callgirls.

- Cyril
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Good thus far. Feels pretty strong. I've had two kegs on one at one time (about 300 lbs). Felt solid. Wheels go straight. I actually like the 1 handle too. Much easier to maneuver for me.

for $34.99, i dont think it can be beat, unless you need to truck >500lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                Bad: These are shit...

^THIS

I bought this when I couldnt find my drill and needed drill a few holes asap. It has ended up being a boss. I have abused the shit out of it and while it gets hot sometimes it has not given up yet. I got the 2 year warranty and it was during a sale so i paid 22 with the warranty.
                Originally posted by blunttech
                Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                :shock:

Comment

OR

I have the second one. Hauled a motor with it no problem.

Comment

I bought a heat gun from them today and used it for about
                    an hour streight to get oil out of my wood riffle stock.

Has a High and low speed 1500w. Didn't blow up. IMO it's good for $14.

Comment

I recently bought a pair of welpers (welders pliers). First set was shit, they didn't close all the way. Returned and the second set has worked nicely.

The angle grinder I bought from them fell apart after 2 uses.

The $5.99 wire brush attachment for an angle grinder has worked very nicely to remove slag from stick welding.
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

So, got my cargo carrier.

100% satisfied. Very excellent. Heavy duty.

Thinking of picking up one of the $40 and tool sets to keep in the back of the Rover, instead of an old wine crate full of oddball sockets and wrenches, lol.

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-to...tool-sets.html

But again, there is the same looking thing, same price. What is the deal?

Comment

So, got my cargo carrier.

100% satisfied. Very excellent. Heavy duty.

Thinking of picking up one of the $40 and tool sets to keep in the back of the Rover, instead of an old wine crate full of oddball sockets and wrenches, lol.

But again, there is the same looking thing, same price. What is the deal?
                          I'm hesitant to use any of their sockets. Went in to test fitment on an exhaust nut and the 13 fit but wasn't grabbing onto all the edges evenly. The fitment changed between each socket set I checked. Personally wouldn't rely on them as my emergency tool case as I know that's exactly when they'd fail!
                          Swanny!
                          SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
                            I'm hesitant to use any of their sockets. Went in to test fitment on an exhaust nut and the 13 fit but wasn't grabbing onto all the edges evenly. The fitment changed between each socket set I checked. Personally wouldn't rely on them as my emergency tool case as I know that's exactly when they'd fail!
                            Word. May just splurge on the Craftsman set they have at Sears for like $60.

Do need something. I always seem to get water into new, electrical places each time I go 4x4ing.

Comment

This hose is complete shit, Leaks a ton of air out of the 360* brass fittings.

Comment

Word. May just splurge on the Craftsman set they have at Sears for like $60.

Do need something. I always seem to get water into new, electrical places each time I go 4x4ing.
                                Check out a channellock set like these

Between 2 different sets, these have been my main ratchet/sockets for over 12 years now. Just broke my first socket about 4 months ago with a 5 foot breaker bar on a stubborn lug. Have to say they have't let me down at all.

I do want to pick up one of those 3xx piece sets with the drawers from Sears as my junkyard box. Tired of mixing up my bag and eventually loosing something almost every trip out.

Back on topic though

The red set are great for cutting and stripping but lack on the crimping part. The larger made amazing crimps with little effort on 10 gauge wire. Between the 2 they cost >$10.
                                Swanny!
                                SUCKERS.

Comment

Working...
                                X