'Jew in a box'......
Collapse
X
-
As long as the Jew who is in the box is in there of their own free will, and willing to educate those who may have questions, what's wrong with it? Not like they're locking a guy up in a glass box all day and making a mockery of it.Leave a comment:
-
i don't see anything wrong with it. people read too far into thingsLeave a comment:
-
Forgive, don't forget. If you forget a part of history, you will be destined to repeat it.
I disagree. It is a hands on learning experience. Now I imagine they could do without the glass between the two. Just give the guy a podium and a mic.I think the article is just trying to stir shit to get attention, saying that "german people don't know what a jew is" or something along those lines. What a load of shit
I don't think this stereotyping happens as much as you think. Who has accused you of someone who "used to be a Nazi"?I'm tired of people stereotyping german people as "the people who used to be nazis." That's like saying if you're American you are "the people who used to buy and sell black people," but nobody seems to make that connection, I wish they would put this topic to rest, everyone would be better off.
I think they have good intentions, just a bit misguided.Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 03-31-2013, 06:17 AM.Leave a comment:
-
Phew! Glad they didn't go with the original name, 'Jew in an oven.'
Too early?Leave a comment:
-
That is an extremely shallow thing to say. Just because you aren't Jewish or German means you have nothing to do with the Holocaust? May I remind you that Hitler exterminated over 4 million people not just of the Jewish faith, but also gays, paraplegics and everyone else that wasn't of the Aryan race.Leave a comment:
-
I didn't grow up in germany, but I know for a fact that we Germans are VERY aware of our history with the Jews. For some people it's still a sensitive topic, but the majority of people have moved on.
I'm german and my best friend is jewish, and there has never been a problem. Some people just can't seem to forget what happened almost 70 years ago. I think the article is just trying to stir shit to get attention, saying that "german people don't know what a jew is" or something along those lines. What a load of shit
I'm tired of people stereotyping german people as "the people who used to be nazis." That's like saying if you're American you are "the people who used to buy and sell black people," but nobody seems to make that connection, I wish they would put this topic to rest, everyone would be better off.Last edited by pandaboo911; 03-31-2013, 03:57 AM.Leave a comment:
-
This is a hard subject to discuss if you aren't Jewish or German. Unless you have had the chance to experience what it is like, I'm not quite sure you can comment on the right and wrong of it. I guess the main question would be how do the Jews on exhibit feel about it. I would say if they are comfortable putting themselves on display for the purpose of educating the general public (in their country) about their culture and history in Germany, then why shouldn't we be. Shame and embarrassment come from inside ourselves, not from the feeling of others. Who should really be ashamed, the people who are trying to educate the public, or the public that needs to educated?Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: