Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 1st came and went. This is the legacy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude this is so awesome. I wish i was in SF so i could lend you a hand with something.
    If you come south, San diego is a sick place to see. come see la jolla, del mar, and the rest of the san diego coast line if u have the chance.

im from the sf bay but i appreciate it all here as well while im at school.

go and see berkeley and oakland while you're in the bay too. awesome places.

also how many cute girls have you picked up by now? what you're doing is my dream sir. keep on-a-truckin'

1 love

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I am, indeed alive!

The road trip plan took a VERY big shift, and I have a LOT to update. Just as soon as I can recover some more corrupt card data.

Teasers.

Last edited by TurboJake; 08-08-2013, 12:41 PM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Oh geeze. Consider us teased. DISH MAN DISH!
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Those springs f up again?

instagram: @tonerrrr
          High resolution E30 Fuse Box 300dpi PNG

Comment

Bad bearing?

Comment

Originally posted by tonerrrr View Post
              Those springs f up again?
              Yup. This time permanently.

Tooling around with one parking brake now.

ALSO! Before I do ANYTHING else!
              A Huge shout out to Albequerque30 for putting me up in his house for a weekend. You were a great host and it is IMMENSELY Appreciated. The A/C is still working flawlessly. Couldn't have done it without you. Thank you!
              Last edited by TurboJake; 06-14-2013, 09:32 AM.

Comment

I may have e brake pahrts if you still need them. Have to check the stash.
                1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

It's not the brake parts (well, now it is. Derp.). It's the backing plate. Rusty parking brake pin holes that weren't rusty when I serviced the parking brakes over a year ago. Can't really fix that on the road (Aside from throwing some welds on there, grinding down and reshaping the holes).

All good for now.

Comment

Good luck man. It's good to see you still chugging along with some nice A/C. Haha.

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

Okay. I'm sitting down. Lets do this.

For reasons unknown to science, I am now on the OTHER side of the country. In Virginia Beach, VA. My time schedule for this trip was severely underestimated, and I needed to make a mad dash across the country, taking in what I can, but getting across as fast as I can.

Without going too much into details about that. Sorry I missed out on a lot of guys who threw down their couches and such to help a guy out. I'll be doing something like this again soon enough. But instead of meandering the west coast, next time it wil be the east coast and across.

Without further stalling. Here we go. This will take a couple posts, and we'll get caught up eventually.

Albeqerque30's vert. With my car in the garage, shortly after the $15 A/C condenser install and recharge. Still kicking!

Before I left

So, I was in San Fran. All cloudy and nasty. Taking pictures, and stayed the night at a hostel. But then, the next day I was supposed to leave the SF Bay area, it decided it was going to be sunny after being cloudy all day before. I was able to retake some of my photos.

Lombard St. (Notice the rain. I wasn't going to climb that waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesing hill again in traffic.)

More San Fran

Fisherman's Wharf

Pier 39. Where one of the seals decided to vomit straight up into the air. Making a putrified fish mist that covered tourists, that I had noticed the wind direction and bailed as fast as I could. Winning!

Baker Beach

The rainy day before I had eaten some clam chowder. Dropping my breadbowl on the ground, where a seagull decided to swiftly steal it, swallow it hole, choke and die right in front of me. (I didn't think to take a picture while watching. Really should've). The clam chowder I found to be very, very... Meh. But the dying seagull made it worth it. (I REALLY hate seagulls)

Indeed!

So then I made the executive decision to stay another day at a hostel. Where I proceeded to get challenged by people from faraway lands to drinking contests. They somehow knew to fear people from Wisconsin in drinking challenges. No idea how, but their eyes lit up when they heard I was from Wisconsin.

They procedded to have that fear validated that night. 'Twas a grand old time.

I also learned that when I graduate, I'm supposed to go to Stavenger Norway, and meet up with Tina. The gal in the middle on the left. Might just do that. The party had started with more people than this, and after many beers, some arguments, swinging arm to arm and singing, the front clerk telling us this is what hostels are all about, but to keep it quiet, the numbers dwindled and I thought to take a picture NOW!

The next day

Time to leave SF, and go to Big Sur, but not before crossing GG

Awwwwwwwwww Yeah!

After seeing that video and having high hopes. Those hopes were not let down. Go to big sur. Just do it. I'll let the photo's do the talking.

Montana Del Oro Park

Next day, more cost driving.

Just by Malibu Beach. I really didn't find Malibu that exciting, so I took no pictures.

And arrived at Hemet, CA.

More to come later. Teaser!
                      Last edited by TurboJake; 06-14-2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Boyz 2 waffling Men!

I like the "no U turn" sign, what if someone removed that, would people automatically assume that taking a u-turn in the middle of the waffling bridge would be okay?

..and I also like how I recognize San Francisco only from playing Driver on PS1 :)
                        ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Photobucket is being a jerk to you; I can't see most of your pics!
                          '91 325i

Comment

LAAAAAAAAME can't see pics anymore!
                            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Boooo photobucket
                              91 318is M50 swapped
                              05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Use Flickr Dood, Photobucket is lame
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X