Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 1st came and went. This is the legacy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
    Stay tuned with that, GunMetalGray has heard a little something something that's in the pipeline for m20 owners. Something I've been working on for quite some time. ;)
    Jake, what is this?!
    New M20 parts that should rock the game!

Comment

^ Second this.

I'm starting to buy parts for my rebuild
      '87 5-speed 325is
      The best $750 I ever spent!

Are you in Michigan?
      Do you want to know where all the E30's are?
      Try checking out the Michigan E30 Map

Comment

Sorry to bump an older thread.

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
        Not to be a dick, but seriously, how long did you think she'd stick around??
        No, you sir are a dick. How you could point that out from such an inspirational, emotional story I don't know.

Originally posted by tom d View Post
        jake, congratulations on your journey. I just skimmed through it and I have a similar tale to tell.

in dec of 2007 I was diagnosed with a stage 4 cancer. early in 2009 I lost my job. in dec of 2010 my fiancé of 11 years called it quits and then on April 1st of 2011 my father died of cancer.

so after my father's funeral I flew back to California, put my stuff in storage, packed my motorcycle and took off for a ride, a ride that took me 10 months and 24,000 miles to complete.

like you I stopped and met/visited new and old friends along the way, but unlike you I took somebody with me, my father's ashes. he kept me safe and watched over me and I took him for one last lap around the country. along the way I left his remains at places of significance and grandeur, but most importantly I found his parents gravesites in Massachusetts and left ashes with them.

shortly after completing this trip in feb of 2013 I went to visit my doctors, all three of them. these visits coincided with the 5th year anniversary of me completing cancer treatment and all three of my doctors concurred that I was cured.not bad for a guy that 5 years earlier was given a 30% chance to survive 5 years.

and that's my story.
        This is amazing! :)

Comment

Pshaw, I'm still alive and part of the E30 community. It's not like you're bumping a thread with someone who abandoned the E30 years ago.

Originally posted by BMWgirl11 View Post
          I hope things are brighter these days.
          Indeed. Winter is over, and there's sunlight until well after 7pm. It's nice.

Still like lord of the flies up here though. No ladies to speak of... And the ones I do meet are too..... Unstable? Yeah. Unstable. That would be the word that best describes it, and I'm done with women like that. AND the batshit crazy ones too. They're fun and all. But no, no thanks. Nope. Not again. I'll choose life thank you.

Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
          Jake, what is this?!
          New M20 parts that should rock the game!

Well, right now nothing is set in absolute stone. But the long awaited project IS nearing a closer and closer to an absolution (Whether it be a go or a no go). So, in order to get my ass in gear now that schools out, I suppose I could let a little teaser/cat out of the bag, without making a dedicated thread. Just to keep it at least a little subtle. One person on here knows about this, but hasn't heard any news from me in quite some time. So here is a public "Oh yeah, still there... I just wasn't happy with the previous models."

EDITED OUT! YOU MISSED THE PREVIEW!

It should be noted now, that anything that may come from this will NOT have the original company name/logo/whatever on there. That's very illegal.
          Last edited by TurboJake; 06-20-2014, 09:12 AM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Mmm m20 valve covers , bravo !

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Originally posted by e30Brah View Post
              Sorry to bump an older thread.

No, you sir are a dick. How you could point that out from such an inspirational, emotional story I don't know.

OK...Here's the deal pal. Overall this was an incredible story, but I get irritated when guys play victim after a girl who likely wanted to get married gives up on a relationship after years of being strung along, no matter the circumstance.

Full Definition of FIANCÉE

: a woman engaged to be married

I've seen this a hundred times. Guy likes having a girlfriend, girl wants to get married, guy doesn't want to commit. After several years he finally "proposes" to keep girl around. Keeps putting off wedding, after several more years either gets married under pressure or the girl bounces. That's what I was pointing out. Piss off.
              sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Is that milled or 3D print? Looks awesome!

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                Originally posted by slammin.e28
                Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                  Is that milled or 3D print? Looks awesome!
                  Original cover, and a laser scanning of it. Down to .0014"

And honestly, it has more anomalies than an OJ Simpson trial. It's actually kind of terribad and I've been spending hours fixing it to convert over to a NURBS solid... But I'll place the blame on me for that one, having being inexperienced with both the FARO, and GEOstudio.. I'm more well versed in NX, Solidworks, Inventor and CATIA, but they don't have the Scanto3d to work with that arm, which I like a whole lot more. So I had no choice really. Scan2 has a much cleaner point cloud and easier to create a solid from with less anomalies, but it is what it is.

Also, had to paint the original white for the laser light to reflected and seen. It's actually pretty neat looking in white, I will say.

Maybe I'll take a video and post it up.
                  Last edited by TurboJake; 05-06-2014, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Gotcha. Hey, you're better off than I am. When I was doing shit like this it was AutoCAD and MasterCAM only lol

Moral of this story?

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                      Gotcha. Hey, you're better off than I am. When I was doing shit like this it was AutoCAD and MasterCAM only lol
                      I'm 99% confident in this now. Now to get a prototype made, which I'm delighted to say with this "first" revision is underway. (The actual one has a much nicer logo that's not only centered, but also emblazoned with brilliance... But I don't want to spoil it. So for now, and interwebs sakes, it has a penis. And Doge. Because I can...)

YOU MISSED THE PREVIEW! HA!

Let it also be known, that if its financially feasable, and it makes enough to warrant it. I have some pretty wicked M50 cover ideas floating in my head. Covers that wouldn't be made of plastic. ;)
                      Last edited by TurboJake; 06-20-2014, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
                        OK...Here's the deal pal. Overall this was an incredible story, but I get irritated when guys play victim after a girl who likely wanted to get married gives up on a relationship after years of being strung along, no matter the circumstance.

Full Definition of FIANCÉE

: a woman engaged to be married

I've seen this a hundred times. Guy likes having a girlfriend, girl wants to get married, guy doesn't want to commit. After several years he finally "proposes" to keep girl around. Keeps putting off wedding, after several more years either gets married under pressure or the girl bounces. That's what I was pointing out. Piss off.
                        go on
                        2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                        (Daily Driver)
                        Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                        KW V2 Coilovers
                        VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

If I still had an E30 with an M20 I would buy a Doge dick valve cover.

Moral of this story?

Comment

Working...
                          X