Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.......... Dash cam catches 747 cargo plane crash in Afghanistan, 8 dead, chilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.......... Dash cam catches 747 cargo plane crash in Afghanistan, 8 dead, chilling

This had me standing, motionless and speechless for a few moments.

A Boeing 747 cargo plane crashed just after takeoff from Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan yesterday. There were eight crew members on board, and none of them survived. The entire crash was captured on the dash cam of an approaching vehicle. This is terrifying.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Unbelievable.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Oh my god.

Speechless.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Woah.

That is nuts. Never seen or even heard of a jumbo jet stalling in air. Looks like his angle of attack was WAY too steep, likely caused by the shifting cargo they were talking about in the article.

Comment

I hope it's not one of the Evergreen planes from Oregon.

EDIT: It's a National Cargo plane.
          1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Jesus, that is absolutely insane.

Side note: did the guy seriously run over a dog in the middle of the video?

Comment

Crazy shit.
              » PARTS FOR SALE
              » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Well this is just the kind of shit I like to see when I fly pretty frequently. Chilling

The Build:
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Originally posted by ttrousdell View Post
                  Well this is just the kind of shit I like to see when I fly pretty frequently. Chilling
                  Read through the comments section, someone posts up stats about the likely hood of dying in a plane crash. It bugs me too the "not in control" part of it and "if something happens it's 99.99999% certainty I'm toast".

This is why I drink BEFORE I get on the plane. No point in worrying about it.
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    Read through the comments section, someone posts up stats about the likely hood of dying in a plane crash. It bugs me too the "not in control" part of it and "if something happens it's 99.99999% certainty I'm toast".

This is why I drink BEFORE I get on the plane. No point in worrying about it.
                    My favorite thing to do at 30,000 feet is to look at my cup of whatever I'm drinking... And think about how gravity still has a hold on it, and us. So if this plane fails, the earth WILL get us back.

Fuck me I hate flying.
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Freak accident for sure....as someone who flies for a living, this would be a nightmare in the cockpit. Literally nothing the flight crew could do to get out of it. Reminds me of an accident from the not too distant past. A Navy C-2 is getting launched off the carrier and during the cat shot, the cargo breaks free and slides aft resulting in an uncontrollable aircraft due to weight distribution. Nothing the crew can do other than try to fly it and basically watch as they plummet to their death. I'm told in this C-2 incident, the cargo broke free on the cat shot killing the aircrew in the back and then subsequently slammed back forward into the cockpit, most likely killing the two pilots before the plane hit the water. I'm heading to fly these planes this summer, and I always have this video playing in the back of my mind.

RIP to the crew of the 747.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                        Woah.

That is nuts. Never seen or even heard of a jumbo jet stalling in air. Looks like his angle of attack was WAY too steep, likely caused by the shifting cargo they were talking about in the article.
                        The flight angle didnt look off, rather the cargo probably wasn't strapped down correctly...

Feedback!
                        Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                        Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

The cargo was in the proper placement upon take off roll, but most likely shifted aft after takeoff. This large change in weight position changed the center of gravity of the jet, all while the center of lift remains in the same place. This then caused forces to be out of balance and to a degree that the jet's control surfaces couldn't counter-correct. This results in a stall with no recovery as seen in the footage. The only real question to me is how did the cargo shift...will be interesting to see what they determine. I bet a vehicle became unchained and rolled.

Comment

Hasn't been declared a load shift yet but sure appears that way. We were discussing it at work yesterday. I had beers with these guys in Ramstein last week. Chilling. The company is National Air and they have 2 747-400's that are ex air France jets.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Hits close to home; sorry to hear about that dude...I'm sure they were good dudes.

Comment

Working...
                              X