All you riders be safe out there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you riders be safe out there.

On my way home this afternoon and I came upon a scene that made me sick to my stomach.

Looked like a Kawasaki green zx10 (or similar) hit a new BRZ at speed as the BRZ was pulling from a neighborhood.

The rider was laying motionless in the road. As someone who has been down 3 times, including hitting a deer at 70mph, I came close to throwing up. The image is burned into my mind, a good reminder as to why I hung up my helmet.

If you choose to be on 2 wheels, enjoy the time... But please be safe out there.

/Stress outlet.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Yup, people on the road are dumb enough around cars, let alone motorcycles. The problem is only made worse by the fact that most riders are FAR too aggressive on the road, when they should be 100x more defensive then when in a car.

Comment

Yeah, that's why I have a hard time getting another bike even though I desperately want one.

I went down in a wreck with 3 other guys, my buddy Jason died. Oct 9, 2005. Will never forget it. I rode for a few more years after that.

But now that I've been away for 6+ I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to go back.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Did you stop to see if he was alive?

(not in reply to your post man^, yours appeared as I posted. Very sorry about your buddy)
        sigpic

Comment

There was already a crowd when I pulled up, and an ambulance coming as I turned around. Out of respect for the rider I simply turned and drove away. There was nothing I could offer to aid him.

As an update, I just got back from the grocery store and stopped by the scene. There were markings on the road and a fairly large blood stain. The road was blocked off a few hours afterwards when my wife was on her way home.

It appears the rider did not make it. RIP.
          No E30 Club
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

lost my brother to a motorcycle accident. sucks man
            -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
            -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
            MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
            Got Drop?? ;-)
            Originally posted by JinormusJ
            But of course
            E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Jeez where was this at? A lot of bikers simply ride too fast, although it sounds like the BRZ pulled out in front of him. I had someone do the same to me going about 50, luckily I slowed enough to where I merely hopped off the bike once it impacted. My brother also wrecked in the same fashion, although his was much worse. People don't pay attention, and riders need to slow down. I speed, within my limits and what I deem safe, but I am always looking out for any red flags up ahead.

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
              Originally posted by scabzzzz
              I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
              1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
              2002 325i - DD
              2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Watersville road in Mount airy.

Found it.... :(

No E30 Club

Comment

Lost my Dad back in '09 due to a bike accident on a 70's Triumph he rebuilt. This kind of thing happens way too often.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                    There was already a crowd when I pulled up, and an ambulance coming as I turned around. Out of respect for the rider I simply turned and drove away. There was nothing I could offer to aid him.

As an update, I just got back from the grocery store and stopped by the scene. There were markings on the road and a fairly large blood stain. The road was blocked off a few hours afterwards when my wife was on her way home.

It appears the rider did not make it. RIP.

Damn. Okay I thought that you saw it happen and happened to be the first lookie-loo.

tragic stuff.
                    sigpic

Comment

this happened in phoenix last night. someone at the local saturday car show struck another car pulling out. He is alive apparently but his life wont be the same!

I once witnessed a biker strike a mini van pulling out.. he died instantly. i was the last person he spoke to.

be safe fellas!
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Man, this is the reason I won't ever buy a bike- despite my want to build one, and why I also try to be even more alert around bikers.

I feel bad when I get too close to a bike on the highway or that sort of thing, I can't imagine what the guilt of taking someones life because of your carelessness feels like.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Kid I know died one year ago this weekend from a motorcycle crash. A car made a left turn on red right in front of him.
                          91 318is M50 swapped
                          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by AntiScope View Post
                            Lost my Dad back in '09 due to a bike accident on a 70's Triumph he rebuilt. This kind of thing happens way too often.
                            2011 for me bud, 2nd fathers day without him. Just gotta be thankful they went doing what they loved, can't ask for a better ticket out of this world IMO.

Comment

My dad used to be into building motorcycles/choppers back in the late 60s-mid 80s. Hes told me far too many stories of either laying his bike down or being hit, keep in mind the era he used to ride in... Being from LA, hes had two close friends who used to ride up till a few years ago... One lost his whole calf blow out when he got hit, luckily the guy's 6'8" 265lbs+ so needless to say big guy. They used the muscle from the bottom of his foot to reconstruct part of his calf. His other friend got hit and has been in a wheel chair since then.

I fiend sometimes to get/build one, but living in the city and riding is almost a death wish. I've had a friend on the freeway pull out of the carpool lane and clip a guy on a bike throwing him 15 ft from his bike. Luckily he was wearing the right gear and got up after a min or two but still he couldn't had been going faster than 10/15mph in rush hour traffic.

Ride a motorcycle = Invest in life insurance policy for your loved ones.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Working...
                              X