oil stains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil stains

if there's any group of people that know about oil stains, i'm sure it's the r3vlimited forum. With the M20 that naturally leaked from factory, I'm sure many of you have encountered your fair share of oil stains.

Got a rather large spill on property that I rent to work on cars. It seeped through the tarp that I laid my motor on strangely, so there is quite a big oil stain.

I thought about renting a 2000PSI gas powered pressure washer, but I don't know how much good that will do me. I need it to look how it looked prior to the oil spillage.

Teach me your ways r3v.
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

What's the material of the floor and how old are the stains?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Lots of that and a rubber squegee should do the trick. let the degreaser soak for a good while before adding water/cleaning it off the driveway.

Comment

cascade dishwasher detergent + 27382732738283928 psi pressure washer

`92 325 vert - `90 325 coupe `99 m3 - Instagram @e30L

Comment

I've heard horror stories of people almost losing limbs through high PSI pressure washer incidents.

Be careful.
          sigpic

Comment

Comet or Ajax is good to put on porous outdoor concrete as soon as the spill happens, but as far as cleaning the smooth stuff after the fact...you're probably SOL for the most part.

Comment

I used muriatic acid, barely diluted it, and hard bristled brush.
              Made my concrete look new.

This is for stuff that has set in though already.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

It's just concrete, oil stain is probably 24 hours old
                Originally posted by TSI
                ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                OEM+

Comment

Have you tried squirrels? The nature of their fur make them very suitable for soaking in such liquid as oil, I have found that they are not very good for coolant tho', just thicker fluids. I give the floor a scrub afterwards using a hedgehog, I'm unsure if you will find one handy when most needed at your location tho', so maybe a porcupine?

Also, you could shoot the venom from any venomous snake on the affected area, practice makes perfect, it kinda acts like brake cleaner and such, and I think you will find the floor shinier than new.
                  ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

^
                    This guy doesn't know what he is talking about. Definitely not squirrels, use racoons. Wow... and about that hedgehog, you'd rather use an infected baby Rhino.

He is right on the snake venom, so kudos on that.

Comment

Working...
                    X