R3v Wristwatch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
    Son of a bitch, I've been wanting to get into watches lately but I have relatively small wrists and most men's watches look absurd. Also I don't like bands with links, pinches my arm hair and bugs the hell out of me.

Any suggestions for a decent, inexpensive (around $100 bucks, this is r3v donchaknow) watch that wouldn't look stupid? My off work dress is usually cargo shorts and t-shirts while at work I wear polo's and jeans...if that matters.
    Seiko 5 auto with the 7s36 movement in it lots of options out there, they are mostly about 38mm case diameters
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
      Our people tend to like the GShock watches. I wear one every day. It's definitely not a super dress watch but for business casual it fits in pretty well. Mine was around $100, it's solar powered, and radio controlled so it sets itself. I have the Mudman GW-9000A
      GShocks look ridiculous on me, nice watches though.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      Seiko 5 auto with the 7s36 movement in it lots of options out there, they are mostly about 38mm case diameters
      Thanks for the suggestion, I actually like the style of this better than the Timex. Do all of the Seiko 5 auto have the 7s36 movement or only certain models?

Comment

GShocks look ridiculous on me, nice watches though.

Thanks for the suggestion, I actually like the style of this better than the Timex. Do all of the Seiko 5 auto have the 7s36 movement or only certain models?
        Some have the 7s26 movement. Any Seiko 5 auto is going to be rock solid.

sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

I'm big on the vintage military inspired watches. I have one of the Laco Type A watches since they are one of the manufacturers that made the watches German pilots wore in WWII. See my 2nd linked watch. The first one is a marine pocket watch inspired watch by Stowa. Another german watchmaker that manufactured watches for the German air force in WWII.

Kaufen Sie online direkt vom Hersteller ihre STOWA Uhr. Erstklassiger Service und persönliche Beratung

The last one is a sweet Jacky Ickx watch they made in the 70s.

I kind of like G. Gerlach. They're mostly aviation and driving inspired too.

Attached Files

Comment

Ordered a Seiko 5 7s26 on Amazon yesterday. $50 shipped, seemed like a decent deal.

Comment

Picked this up yesterday. Found a discontinued ref 3572.50 in LNIB condition for just over $3k. I'm loving it =)

Comment

Great speedy, but you overpaid, dog. Did it come with papers?
                2011 1M Alpine white/black
                1996 Civic white/black
                1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Yes it came with everything, and no I didnt overpay, dog. It was dead stock new from 2000. 3752.50's in average shape sell for $2500 - $2700..

Comment

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Son of a bitch, I've been wanting to get into watches lately but I have relatively small wrists and most men's watches look absurd. Also I don't like bands with links, pinches my arm hair and bugs the hell out of me.

Any suggestions for a decent, inexpensive (around $100 bucks, this is r3v donchaknow) watch that wouldn't look stupid? My off work dress is usually cargo shorts and t-shirts while at work I wear polo's and jeans...if that matters.
                      Daniel Wellington - official online store. Buy silver & gold watches for men and women, jewelry and accessories with an elegant design.

or check ebay for cheaper daniel wellington watches
                      Originally posted by HarryPotter
                      not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                      Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Originally posted by ser1992 View Post
                        Yes it came with everything, and no I didnt overpay, dog. It was dead stock new from 2000. 3752.50's in average shape sell for $2500 - $2700..

I've seen minty ones go for $2700 at auction, but the important thing is you got one. Enjoy it.
                        1996 Civic white/black
                        1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Anyone have any recommendations for quality leather straps?
                          Instagram
                          sigpic
                          Current: 99 M3
                          Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Hodinkee straps are good, but expensive.

Authorized retailer of new watches. Purveyor of hand-made leather watch straps, travel rolls, tools, and accessories.
                            1996 Civic white/black
                            1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by DIIRTY-30 View Post
                              Beautiful, I love Movado's, But they look ridiculous on me with how big my frame is.

Comment

R3v Wristwatch Thread

I'll contribute. Nothing very impressive but I'm a big fan of Nixon watches.
                                And my adventure watch. Classic g shock. This thing has been to hell and back with me. Fell off the jetski at about 60mph and it stayed on. Couldn't ask for a better product.
                                Last edited by henryki; 04-14-2014, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X