No announcement yet.

R3v Wristwatch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy makes some really nice straps: http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...=0#msg_6768599

I've had good luck in the past with Hirsch straps. Lastly, I haven't bought a watch strap from him, but I got belt from Brandon, "F34R" and the quality is quite high.
    sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

R3v Wristwatch Thread

Just got an Invicta Russian Diver. See through watch? Yes please.
      Swanny!
      SUCKERS.

Comment

that is awesome!
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
          Anyone have any recommendations for quality leather straps?
          Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post

Lastly, I haven't bought a watch strap from him, but I got belt from Brandon, "F34R" and the quality is quite high.
          I make some really clean, hefty watch straps:
          ~Nato
          ~Classic 2pc
          ~gauntlet/cuff style

Custom orders, sizing, finest leathers and craftsmanship.

This design is using 4.5oz leather that is flipped over so the strap will never EVER fall apart. They are glued with contact cement then saddle stitched.

This one is suede lined, with hidden copper rivets.

2pc Stingray for r3vlimited member, Swanny.

This is a Nato style, slip through that a customer sent me photos of:
          Attached Files
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post

Just got an Invicta Russian Diver. See through watch? Yes please.
            I have a general disdain for Invicta watches. That one, however, is pretty cool!
            sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

I have a general disdain for Invicta watches. That one, however, is pretty cool!
              I tend to agree with this even their ETA movement units. But this one is kinda cool
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                I tend to agree with this even their ETA movement units. But this one is kinda cool

I'm in the same boat. Usually not a fan but something caught my eye on this one and the price was more than reasonable.
                Swanny!
                SUCKERS.

Comment

Wide variety of easy to change and versatile nylon and leather watch straps ranging in 16mm - 28mm widths. Free 1st Class shipping for domestic US orders.

Just ordered this M Technic strap. Plan on rocking it with my Sub for kicks.
                  2011 1M Alpine white/black
                  1996 Civic white/black
                  1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

"We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

wow! 1880's?

how many do you have in your collection now?
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

looks more like 1920's era though I could be very wrong, as I dont know much about those
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Nothing fancy ...
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402878808.099771.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	7167834
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402878820.933828.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	7167835
                          sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                          1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
                          1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                          1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
                          (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                          1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                          2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
                          2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            wow! 1880's?

how many do you have in your collection now?
                            I have it preliminarily dated at 1916 but am waiting on an email with better details. I now have 19. It's time to shed some.
                            "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

a man has to have a hobby. 8)
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

A couple of pages back someone posted a Invicta 8926, saying it was a Seiko movement in it, I stumbled across some information lately that the NH35a is indeed a seiko movement and the generic branding of the 4R36, and not a miyota (citizen made) or a seagull ( Chinese made) more basic movment

With that out of the way here is my newest one. I wanted more of a field watch kinda thing so this is a good alternative to the Hammi Field Kahki ( I want the blacked out one in the Ti case)

Hers is a Seiko SARG007 had to order form Japan... Had it a few days now and so far I am liking it, its much lighter than most of my other watches so that is nice though taken some getting used too. Its got a 6R15c for its heart that is very well proven, Auto, handwindable, and Hacks, all in a 40mm case. Its running good at about 5-10 sec a day slow, but I expect it to regulate it self out to about 5 slow a day once it gets broken in... Water resistant to 10bar/100m decent display back and Sapphire crystal whats not to love for a field watch. The 4 o-clock crown is for rotating the compass chapter ring, which makes the old sun dial trick a little more precise, though the crown and ring turn very easily and on its own as you go about your day, and for a field watch the Lume could be a little bit bigger as only the little markers above the numerals are lumed and of course the hands .

It came on a dressy black leather strap, and for me thats just not going to cut the mustard for a DD watch. So I got a black Maratac rubber deployment strap for it and I might get a NATO in some crazy colors latter on, but I must say I really like this rubber deployment strap, its a nice change for the SS bracelet watches I have been wearing for years. One little niggle about is that the Pet hair and dust stick to it like glue, and are attracted to it like a magnet.

watch 1 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

watch 2 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                                Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-19-2014, 02:00 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X