I keep threatening to buy one of these.

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

^

Hope you have small girlish wrists, as thats prolly only a 32-34mm case. I have had a couple older 50's era seamaster's and they are very very small and dont look right that are about the same size.. Old american made Bulova though nothing wrong with that at all

Will you should have been born about 1942 from your taste in cars and most everything else you know that....
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

just bought this invicta

put a black nylon band I had lying around on it:

it basically looks exactly like a rolex submariner but I can live the obvious style rip off when it cost me little more than 100 and cleans up pretty nice. Plus I'm pretty sure its got a seiko movement in it.

Comment

^

Negative Invitacs (along with most all the other that utilize cheap asian mechanical movements) are Miyota movements which is a division of Citizen NOT Seiko. While they have some decent movements I have no real personal experience with them. Seiko is all in house movements, and I dont think they sell to other manufactures that I know of
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              ^

Hope you have small girlish wrists, as thats prolly only a 32-34mm case. I have had a couple older 50's era seamaster's and they are very very small and dont look right that are about the same size.. Old american made Bulova though nothing wrong with that at all

Will you should have been born about 1942 from your taste in cars and most everything else you know that....
              My Omega Seamaster is small, and yes its a '50s era one. I kinda like the small case. The wrist band however is just barely big enough. I like mechanical watches from the '20s to about the early '70s. I've been looking at Seikos and Longines of a similar age as well. I kinda like the Seiko Marvels. They seem to be affordable as well.

Yes, I was born in the wrong era, I know this. Do I care? Not really. Newer things aren't necessarily better, just newer.

Will
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

^

Negative Invitacs (along with most all the other that utilize cheap asian mechanical movements) are Miyota movements which is a division of Citizen NOT Seiko. While they have some decent movements I have no real personal experience with them. Seiko is all in house movements, and I dont think they sell to other manufactures that I know of
                ahh good to know! I was surprised when I read that so that makes sense.

Comment

well I kinda lied too you, there are some invcta's that do use a Swiss ETA 28XX series movement and the ETA 7750 auto chrono movement, but those are much more costly... From what I have seen those with swiss movements in them you will know it they advertise and make it well known, that particular watch has a Swiss heart

Will I agree with you just because its old tech does not mean its "junk or that new is better", I relearning fast that maybe my grandpa and great uncle might have been on to something doing lots of shit the OLD school way......
                  Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-30-2013, 01:24 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Not as fancy as your time pieces, but I love my Nixon watch. It fits my life style choices.

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
                      Quick and dirty pic. My Breitling SuperOcean i picked up when it first came out. I also have another Breitling (B2) but i dont wear it as much and may just sell it.
                      I want.
                      sigpic
                      Streetable poly mounts, trans mounts are here!
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=streetable
                      '94 318i
                      '07 335i
                      '11 X5
                      '89 325ic m30b35

Comment

My daily:

I take it off when I sleep and when I'm working on a car, but otherwise I wear it all day every day.
                        Instagram
                        sigpic
                        Current: 99 M3
                        Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Will I was looking for something in particular for the wife today and ran across something you might like. That bulova your liking, a clean and well kept or restored example is fairly valuable, if you want one with all the patina on it yeah its much less. But for about a 100 bucks more than the clean version and a similarly clean 50's seamaster you can acquire one of these new.

Yeah its "newer" but the movement seems to be a variation of what went into the 52 series King Seiko's, arguably a much better movement from a old school high beat design, a good water resistance than that old bulova, with the same yet a little more refined (IMO) look your after. Though the size is a little bigger at 39mm

Seiko SARB065

EDIT: You could also look for a more vintage 5621-XXXX actual King Seiko though you prolly wont find the sun burst dial.
                          Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-30-2013, 05:17 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Will I was looking for something in particular for the wife today and ran across something you might like. That bulova your liking, a clean and well kept or restored example is fairly valuable, if you want one with all the patina on it yeah its much less. But for about a 100 bucks more than the clean version and a similarly clean 50's seamaster you can acquire one of these new.

Yeah its "newer" but the movement seems to be a variation of what went into the 52 series King Seiko's, arguably a much better movement from a old school high beat design, a good water resistance than that old bulova, with the same yet a little more refined (IMO) look your after. Though the size is a little bigger at 39mm

Seiko SARB065

EDIT: You could also look for a more vintage 5621-XXXX actual King Seiko though you prolly wont find the sun burst dial.
                            That Seiko is nice. I honestly don't think I'll be buying another watch since I rarely wear one anyway (perhaps for a few hours once or twice a month, if that). I always have better things to spend $ on. As far as being a little more expensive than a '50s Seamaster, the one I have is apparently worth about $1200. That doesn't fall in my category of affordable.

There is just a certain simple elegance about some of the watches from the '50s and '60s that went away in the '70s and onward that I like. The sunburst dials for example, I think they have a cool look to them.

I wouldn't mind a one of these

A Seiko Marvel such as this might be nice as well.

Like I said, I mostly just window shop, I have one nice watch and really that is all I need. Still, the opportunity to choose from a collection of vintage watches might be kinda fun.

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Nice timepieces..

I will have to try and remember to take some pictures but I have an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean.

I really want to pick up another nice timepiece and hope to pick up a Panerai Luminor one day, but too pricey for me right now..
                              1988 BMW 325iS

Comment

Will: I dont know what sea master you have is it a solid gold case by chance??? but many of the run of the mill 50's sea masters in steel you see on the market are about 350-400 bucks in good running and cosmetic order even the "big auction site". All though there are some rare models and limited runs that of course worth significantly more.... I understand your points though, I just saw that while looking for a particular K.S. for the wife and though I would pass it on to ya since its so close to that bulova you posted. btw that one I have posted up there for ya can be found all day long (for now), for less than 450 bucks.

I really wish my grandpas original late 50's Omega Railmaster never got stolen. It was given to him by my great grandpa new, and was stolen along with all most all the other family heirlooms when someone broke into and was living in their house in AZ for about a week in 06 when they went back north for the summer. Its one of those very rare models, but I wanted it for the family significance more than anything
                                Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-30-2013, 06:47 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X