R3v Wristwatch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    SKX 007 is a great watch with a very solid build. I got one in 20010 and wore it every single day until about a month ago when I sent it off for tune up and saphire crystal upgrade. It ran about 2 min slow a month and is though as nails, I put that thing though hell, it fell out of my pocket and I drove over it with my truck by accident and it spent the next 3 days laying in the snow in the woods in sub zero temps, and I only had to replace the bracelet with a little nick in the case. About the ONLY thing they wont stand up too is chopping wood or re-roofing your damm house............... Only downsides is they are heavy and you cant hack it.

One last thing about them they are hit and miss from the factory when it comes to long running accuarcy, some are spot on like mine was/is, and some run wildly fast or slow just depends on the luck of the draw with them....

this is mine when it was new
    That's great to hear. I placed an order for one tonight. I ordered an SKX007J for the made in Japan model. Hopefully the luck of the draw is better with Japanese production.
    Instagram
    sigpic
    Current: 99 M3
    Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

IIRC the 007J has "21 jewels" on the dial to distinguish it from the more common k model. They are really all made in japan (well there is some latitude in what "made in japan" can mean in their legal system and descriptions). Its just that the J model was for Japanese domestic markets. There really is no difference quality wise between the K and J models

I think my next Seiko is going to a sarb 015( if I can scrounge one up) or 033, if with a 6r15 in it if I cant find a nice GMT either vintage or non kenetic or spring drive, though there is a nice mid 70's king seiko high beat I am digging on egay right now.

I dont remember for sure if the 007/009 got the newer revised 7s36 last year or if it was mostly just the "5's" getting the update.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Bought it a month ago. I love it!

Yesterday, eBay got me this;

Not the actual watch, mine is new in box. Original E30 M3 wristwatch from 1989
        '91 E30 316i
        '97 Rover Mini 1275

Comment

Originally posted by EndreM View Post

Bought it a month ago. I love it!

Yesterday, eBay got me this;

Not the actual watch, mine is new in box. Original E30 M3 wristwatch from 1989
          I've been looking on ebay for one of those M3 watches for quite a while. I wonder how I missed that one? What did you search under? I look almost every day.

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

what do you guys think of this? http://www.autodromo.com/products/pr...elford-edition

I dontown any watches, I want one and I want one that will be timeless and motorsport inspired, im not all that keen on the price but I like it a lot

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
              I've been looking on ebay for one of those M3 watches for quite a while. I wonder how I missed that one? What did you search under? I look almost every day.

Will
              I was looking for a new shift knob for my E39, and opened eBay. On the frontpage is "interests you follow", and boom there it was. Blind luck I guess!
              '91 E30 316i
              '97 Rover Mini 1275

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                what do you guys think of this? http://www.autodromo.com/products/pr...elford-edition

I dontown any watches, I want one and I want one that will be timeless and motorsport inspired, im not all that keen on the price but I like it a lot
                As long as you realize you're paying a couple of hundred bucks for the cool factor, I say go for it. Can't go wrong with the Seiko movements.
                sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

I think its more like 675 dollars for "cool factor" I dont follow quartz movements much I think that is a PULSAR movement a little digging show it to cross over to a Seiko 6T63. Not that its a bad thing its I am not going to pay anything even close to that kinda money for a fucking quartz watch. Yes seiko makes some of the best movements in the world, this is not one of them.

here is an actual seiko with the same movement for 90 bucks shipped from amazon

Oliver if that is your upper limit of your price range you can do so much better, as soon as you buy that thing you will lose almost ALL resale value. You can find some Oris F1's for that kinda money if you look, and prolly a few Tags as well. are you dead set on the chronograph ???

I would much rather go vintage, like this Seiko 6138-0011 aka UFO, the only thing it really lacks is a constant second hand or sub-dial but its a Auto chrono, you can hand wind with a about a 40 hour power reserve, Not bad for a 1971 design.......
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Fair enough. It does look cool. I've owned a few 6138s. Great movement. If you're looking for chrono and don't care if it's quartz, and older Seiko yacht timer or any chrono with the 7S28 movement is tough to beat. It's a 15 jewel movement that should run forever. I still have a soft spot for O&W though. This guy's stuff is cool. He's a bit of a bird, but a super nice guy and quite fair. http://westcoastime.com/
                    sigpic

Comment

I got this watch from my dad in 1997. He said that his father/my grandfather gave to him in 1943 and still has the case in which it came in originally. It is in a lockbox put away outta sight.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Also have a seiko watch i got back in 2001
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Something like this will run forever. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Vintage-...item4acda14d1e

And, you will NEVER see anyone else with that watch. Additionally, the second hand on the right makes one full rotation per second when in stopwatch mode. It's super cool. The center sub-dial is the constant seconds. I'm not selling this watch, I just think this movement is one of the neatest ones Seiko ever did.
                          sigpic

Comment

That Bulova is great!! Here's the Hamilton I wear occasionally for formal stuff. My dad's uncle gave it to him.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
                              Fair enough. It does look cool. I've owned a few 6138s. Great movement. If you're looking for chrono and don't care if it's quartz, and older Seiko yacht timer or any chrono with the 7S28 movement is tough to beat. It's a 15 jewel movement that should run forever. I still have a soft spot for O&W though. This guy's stuff is cool. He's a bit of a bird, but a super nice guy and quite fair. http://westcoastime.com/
                              6138. And 6139 are autos. And if iirc the ufo I have posted above was markted as the yacht timer, and Not quartz. Have you run across a navi timer 6117-8000 at all lately????
                              Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-05-2014, 05:17 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                6138. And 6139 are autos. Not quartz. Have you run across a navi timer 6117-8000 at all lately????
                                Sorry, wasn't clear. I know those are autos. Haven't dug into watches for a while now, and it's fun to look at them again. I'm not familiar with the 6117-8000. Just googled and they look cool.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X