No announcement yet.

R3v Wristwatch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my Orient automatic I bought from my cousin. He's a watch junky and he can afford it, haha. This watch actually has a slide-rule bezel instead of a chrono. Apparently it's popular in Japan - I've actually figured out how to use it to do calculations for some of my work stuff.

The other is my Swiss Army watch - I think it's called the Renegade. Nothing fancy, but the illumination works very well which makes it easy to see at night.

-Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
    '95 525iT
    '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
    '98 Disco 1

Comment

I like that Orient!!
      sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

OK, last one for a while. I feel like Seiko was doing some really cool shit back in the 80s, and so much of the new stuff lacks any real
        innovation. I believe that's why mechanical watches have made such a comeback. I know I love mine.

That said, Suunto, Casio, and even Garmin are doing some really cool shit with watches (wrist computers)?

Check out this 7A28 Yacht Timer. This is one I sold a few years back.

sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

My straps make my cheap watches look fancy lol

~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
            My straps make my cheap watches look fancy lol
            It's amazing what a strap change can do to a watch.

I almost got rid of this one but when I changed straps it was a keeper...for now lol. The watch is a Breitling Avenger Skyland BlackSteel with a modified Breitling strap

Rey
            "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

Very jealous of some of the time pieces on here. I keep telling myself one day I'll own a luminox.

Heres my graduation gift to myself;

Vostok Kommandirskie Chronograph. I wanted a watch with a unidirectional bezel that I could wear every day and not have to worry too badly about knocking it on a thing or two. My father and I both have one.
              <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
              unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

My mom found a g shock in a parking lot and gave it to me. It still works but it was originally red, now it is a little darkened and dirty. How do I clean it up. Please nobody tell me to wetsand and polish it

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
                  How do I clean it up
                  wetsand and polish

Comment

My everyday wear.

87 BMW 325iC

Comment

Originally posted by jwalther View Post
                      My everyday wear.

SO understated and SUCH QUALITY piece, but its just a seiko LOL....... Arguably one of the finest auto movements in the world from any maker
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Just picked up this guy:

It will accompany my other Certinas:

"We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          SO understated and SUCH QUALITY piece, but its just a seiko LOL....... Arguably one of the finest auto movements in the world from any maker
                          Too bad seiko doesn't make parts for their spring drive watches beyond 10 years.
                          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Its hard to get parts for any seiko thats more than 10 years NLA and yeah it is a shame. Its why I am buying working junkers for spare parts for my vintage seiko's. I dont think that one is a spring drive though, no power reserve sub dial
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              Its hard to get parts for any seiko thats more than 10 years NLA and yeah it is a shame. Its why I am buying working junkers for spare parts for my vintage seiko's. I dont think that one is a spring drive though, no power reserve sub dial
                              Any of their Grand Seikos, really. I really wanted a Lord Marvel or King Seiko Hi-beat for a while but the lack of support bothered me. Having vintage watches serviced is expensive enough without hand made parts.

Comment

Yeah I am watching for the 40mm Blue dial date only King Seiko from about 1985 IIRC with the 28,800BPH movement in it

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X