the dude, I bet buys cars for dirt cheep from auctions , cleans them up and flips them. My sister got her E30 from a a husband and wife that did this. we payed 800 for it. we later found out on some paper work the car was bought from an auction for less than 300$. just like your situation they had many cars in front of the house. Always had some random thing to say with some of our questions.
If you think it might be sketchy to buy the car than don't. follow your gut feeling.
So I went to inspect a daily driver today...
Collapse
X
-
You flash him fourteen C notes hoping he will bite. That is if you have CASH.Who the hell goes to someones house to buy a used car with a check? Expecting a good deal? Who cares what the clown is like. A lot of Volvo people are a little eccentric anyways.Leave a comment:
-
It's just the way I sell cars. First to come with cash in hand gets the car. I will not hold a car, been screwed on it in the past for being a nice guy. Life has been much easier when selling a car this way. Cause there is no waiting for checks to clear, no stories to why someone can't get the car after it was being held for them. Just no bullshit in general.Leave a comment:
-
Why not? I only had the intention of holding the car since this is a long weekend in Canukland and I could not get the full funds until Tuesday.
He knew I could only make two separate withdrawls from the ATM since they usually max out at 1000 per day (as most ATM's only let you take out that much at a time). Maybe that's why he priced the car so cheap to get someone to buy it asap.
He had a backpack FILLED with registrations from other cars and their keys too. He claimed he had all these cars (50+) but he wanted to get out of cars to "enjoy life". He had many stories.....
He also mentioned he had a bmw 3 series early in the conversation. So later in the discussion (after I took the car for a test drive) I asked more questions about it. That's when he stumbled and sai he's hardly had it very long and was only able to say that he can't even remember what it looks like. He thought it was an auto 95 318i.Leave a comment:
-
Not far from it! he didn't look far from being a bum collecting cans on the street. If I didn't introduce myself, I wou'dnt have guessed he was the seller of the car,let alone a Volvo in mint condition.Leave a comment:
-
Pass on it. If the guy can't wait a week for the check to clear, then he is desperate to get it out of the driveway. Not to mention what you described. I would have walked away in mid sentence. and I've personally done it before!Leave a comment:
-
If you don't have a good feeling about it, walk away, there will always be others.Leave a comment:
-
wut the fudge.
i imagine this guy to look crazy with a crown, in a wife beater, & shower robe.Leave a comment:
-
So I went to inspect a daily driver today...
I was seriously considering a 99 S70, but just today an ad for a clean 960 comes up. The owner supposidly bought it for his son, and the son ended up getting a scholarship to school in CA with a car.
Anyway, here I went to take a look (supposidly I was the first person to look at the car). The owner is asking 1700 for the car that was supposidly owned by a little old asian lady and maintained at the volvo dealer.
When I looked under the hood, everthing looked very clean. Even the interior looked clean. There was the few places that looked like it had some regular wear and tear, but that's to be expected.
My problem comes from what the owner was claiming. He said in the ad that the a/c was ice cold. When i got there to see the car, the a/c wasn't cold at all. He then said it was because the system just needed a charge and that he had a hose to charge it (I do too).
I really want to like this car, but the seller owned many cars and just seemed too sketchy for me. He seemed like he was on crack cocaine or something, and could not sit still for 2 minutes. I got the vin and was about to give him a deposit with a cheque, but he refused saying that he does not accept cheques. He then said he only deals in cash.
Just to make some small talk, I asked him what he was teaching at the university, he said he had a permanent cure for diabetes. Earlier in our meeting, he mentioned he he was a baseball player in the states.
I dunno, I really like this car and dont' want to miss out on a nice car (I mean even both sets of keys with remotes looked great, the second set looked like it had never been used yet). On the other hand, I dont' want to get cheated out of $1700
He basically said everything that would make me want to trust him, but I really dont' have time to inspect this car as someone else will easily purchase this car in the meantime. I've bought and sold a few cars in my time, but this one seems a bit too good to be true. At least I got the vin of the car to run a carfax on it...
any advice?
here's the vin for anyone who can give me some help
yv1ks9611s1060044Tags: None

Leave a comment: