cheap, cool cruiser bikes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap, cool cruiser bikes?

Suddenly have the urge to get a motorcycle. I'm thinking I'll like the classic cruiser bikes. Did a search and I thought there was a motorcycle thread on r3v?

Anyways...any of you guys have bikes that can input?
    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Did u just turn 40?

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

Comment

old honda. cruisers are foe old men. you want a bike old man bike get a goldwing. want a small bike get a nighthawk.

Originally posted by LowR3V'in
      It's in the name e30tech not e30offtopic

Comment

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2013/07/1...e-miles-later/
        Originally Posted by scaraveos
        Are saying about welding the head to the block? and if yes how is it seperated if required?

(possibly a stupid post)

Comment

Go get some leather chaps and jacket, S.O.A patches, and a loud ass harley. Then you'll be sooooooo cooooool, just like all the other harley riding douches.

Comment

Originally posted by travish325 View Post
            Go get some leather chaps and jacket, S.O.A patches, and a loud ass harley. Then you'll be sooooooo cooooool, just like all the other harley riding douches.
            im guessin that is what u like to wear?:finger:

Comment

Originally posted by emerson. View Post
              old honda. cruisers are foe old men. you want a bike old man bike get a goldwing. want a small bike get a nighthawk.
              more pics of that bike?

Looks ill.
              sigpic

Comment

I'll never understand people that ride goldwings. Isn't the point of a motorcycle to be small, maneuverable, and fun? Why get a bike that is trying to be a car when you can get a sport bike or dualsport?
                Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Originally posted by z6ne View Post
                  more pics of that bike?

Looks ill.
                  you have a instagram? all my bike pics are on there. @mr_miyagisan

Originally posted by LowR3V'in
                  It's in the name e30tech not e30offtopic

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
                    im guessin that is what u like to wear?:finger:
                    Only when your mom and I are roll playing. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by travish325 View Post
                      Only when your mom and I are roll playing. ;)
                      i hope you have money otherwise she would not give you a second look;)

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
                        I'll never understand people that ride goldwings. Isn't the point of a motorcycle to be small, maneuverable, and fun? Why get a bike that is trying to be a car when you can get a sport bike or dualsport?
                        Also, picture a noobie rider laying one down, if it was on top him, it's likely it would hold him down. Those things are ginormous.

I know older guys who ride them, they are incredibly smooth and comfortable, like riding a lay-z-boy. I'd never want one myself though, I completely agree with you. After riding sport bikes for 5 years, I'm in no rush to get another bike. I have urges sure, but to be honest I'll stick to a cage until maybe I can get one for track only as scraping knee around a real track is on the bucket list.
                        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

The honda shadow is essentially a cheap harley sportster clone. I layed mine down for the first time last winter and put some big 15" hangers on it... and now it is much more comfy than the drag bar the guy had on it.

Shadow + hangers and other crap: I have about $1500 in a 1983 vt750- I would advise you to get a newer one with spoked wheels for about the same price.

Actual sportster + lots of crap: Can find from 4-5k. Regarded as the cheapest and most prone to breaking harley.

This was my shadow before the bigger bars:

A friend of mine picked up a Suzuki 800 cruiser for about 2k and it is loads more comfy than the shadow, and loads slower. I like spoke wheels better and wish I waited on a bike in the same price range that already had them. 2k can buy you a lot of bike.
                          Last edited by Q5Quint; 07-22-2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Almost picked up one of these but ended up going with my CBR. Wish I had pocketed the extra cash and gone cruiser now looking back. Not to mention I can't really find these anywhere now.

Really really really kicking myself for not buying that bike.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
                              Suddenly have the urge to get a motorcycle. I'm thinking I'll like the classic cruiser bikes.
                              my 2 cents.....
                              a street bike needs to perform so that you can survive the deadly asphalt.
                              it needs to turn, stop, and zip......
                              so it IS function before form.
                              i've ridden some nice customs but would never buy one.
                              they just don't perform.

then there is the issue of the rider's rush.
                              after awhile even the most tame rider gets itchy.
                              then they add speed, speed that some bikes cant handle.
                              some bikes i've ridden have been great below 70-80mph
                              after that they are unstable and dangerous.

so know yourself and what you will, and may, be doing on it.

i bought a '12 ninja 1000 and am really satisfied.
                              it is a performer, is very comfortable both ergo wise and wind wise, and i like the looks [although thats the least important].

good luck
                              Originally posted by der affe
                              What are you going to start a thread about next? "My woman's skinny jeans chaffe my special parts, f*ck skin irritation"
                              Originally posted by navid41691
                              And no, I use lotion so I don't have to worry about skin irritation.
                              '...rolling balls, i'm elated, i'm going dumb now; drinking liquor i'm faded and having fun now; loaded gun and tripping with everyone around; keep me stuck in the sky, i never wanna come down...'...kabosh

Comment

Working...
                              X